1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

D&D Forum

Discussion in 'ClutchFans Feedback' started by Mango, Apr 17, 2008.

1. Mango

Mango Contributing Member

There is an active thread in the D&D Forum:

Carter lays wreath at Arafat's tomb

Baqui99 posted:

"Carter Embraces Nobel Prize Winner"--headline, Associated Press, April 16

The person that Carter embraced was Nasser Shaer and Baqui99 has yet to provide documentation showing that Nasser Shaer has won a Nobel Prize.

Carter embraces Hams official at West Bank Meeting

Basso chides him over that and other people start attacking Basso rather than asking Baqui99 to provide documentation showing that Nasser Shaer has won a Nobel Prize.

I realize that some in the D&D have vendettas against others, but letting Baqui99 get away with what he did and attacking Basso is letting a disagreement with Basso's political stances override everything else.

...............and Batman Jones wondered why I stopped posting in the D&D.

2. halfbreed

halfbreed Contributing Member

3. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

I think Baqui99 may have had his facts mixed up and thought he was referring to Arafat who indeed won a Nobel Prize.

4. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Even then, I'm not sure that Prez. Jimmy would embrace Arafat on the whole of his actions.

Laying a wreath as a sign of respect is one thing. Calling that as an embrace is another.

5. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

I knew there was a reason why I avoid that forum.

6. Lil Pun

OK maybe a bad use of words. But I don't think that and a mix-up, if that is what it is may be as serious as indicated. Maybe that's just me though.

7. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

The problem about this has several factors to it:

1) The more vocal posters that post in that forum favor the left and the balance of left to right is skewed big-time towards the left. Granted, there may be more right leaning posters than left leaning posters but their posting about it are heavily outweighed by those that favor the left

2) The poster you are talking about, Mango, is pretty much a pariah in that forum. He's not quite as bad as Trader_Jorge and bigtexxx, but he is one that brings a lot of venom - some of it is or was probably deserved but a lot of it wasn't. Yet, his reputation precedes him in that forum and his posts are constantly derided. Then thrown in the "piling on" factor (as many of the people who posted in that thread aren't ones that are your heavy hitters on the left) and it is very easy for a thread to get out of control.

3) Clutch, Jeff, and the other mods just don't have the time to really police that forum the way it should. I know that you, Mango, would love to be a mod and maybe just keep asking about it off-line but it doesn't look like things are going to change when the mods don't have time to check in on that forum and they may feel like that if they did have the time, it would be a constant baby-sitting job and putting out too many fires (which sorta leads to the question of why of even having the forum in the first place).

4) Also, if you are someone who posts facts that can't be refuted, it is like the opposite side just ignores it and goes on to something else. I know this is something you detest but there just doesn't seem to be many posters that post in that forum that really want to engage in the type of debate you are looking for, Mango. I know that you know that and it is frustrating but it is one of those things that doesn't look like it has an easy solution.

5) The left post more right now in the D&D mainly because the President is on the right (even though the guy is an idiot). If the left has the next President, whether it is Hillary or Obama, I would imagine that there might be more posts from some of our right leaning posters.

8. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

I think its all hilarious.

You all need to lighten the hell up.

9. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

The easiest target is the person in power. Look at JVG, Adelman, McGrady, Yao, Rafer (uh, OK I got carried away :D ). If the left takes over, the right people will have something better to attack. (This also shows that playing offense is much easier than playing defense... Got to get some basketball analogy in there.)

Anyway, I thought the creation of D&D was exactly because the mods were too tired of policing political arguments in the Hangout.

10. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

That forum is seriously getting out of hand. Should've known since it is election year.

Both sides of the political spectrum are equally represented by stupid and insulting behavior. I've never banned anyone. I don't even know how, but my trigger finger is getting itchy with that forum.

11. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

I think Sishir would be a good mod for the D&D. He seems pretty level headed when presenting both sides of the argument.

12. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

they even started insulting me and called maxwell 'not a great player'.
    delete them Jeff!

13. Yaozer

Yaozer Member

I stuck my nose in there once, said something... then never went back. I don't know how you guys actually enjoy going back there. It's just monkey's throwing poo at eachother.

14. Lil Pun

DON'T BAN ME BRO!

15. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Why don't you:

• Get in your car
    • Set the GPS to 'hell'
    • Drive

16. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

Left....right....whatever. I'm ambidexterous. I slap ass with both hands!

:D

17. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

first of all, it seems like a genuine mix up, secondly no one is chiding basso over that, therefore third, why is this thread worthy?

18. tinman

Supporting Member

I'm tired of these suckers not showing respect to us 1999ers. we started this gangsta sht! and this is the mfking thanks we get!?
    moma said knock them out jeff!

19. Mango

Mango Contributing Member

Genuine mixup?

Basso gave a fairly close paraphrase when he wrote:

"Carter Embraces Hamas Official"--headline, Associated Press, April 16

Baqui99 came in and wrote:

Fixed it For Ya!

It came across as somebody writing things to suit his agenda. If he makes the claim to "Fixed it For ya!"................then he should be able to provide a link to support what he claimed to fix. He provided no link to support his rewrite of what Basso had written.

If you were going to rewrite what somebody else wrote, wouldn't you have a link available to prove them wrong and that you were correct?

Basso reacted to to the falsehood that Baqui99 was trying to suggest that a Hamas official won a Nobel Prize.

really? Cousin Jimmy (i can call him that, 'cause he's my cousin, albeit a distant one) embraced Nasser Shaer. Did Nasser win a nobel? no sir.

A subsequent poster QUOTED Basso's response, started talking about statesman-like, took a personal shot at Basso and ignored the fact that Basso was reacting to the falsehood that Baqui99 started.

Baqui99 later came back into the thread and posted the Saddam picture which has nothing to do with Carter embracing a Nobel Prize winner as he had suggested earlier. He neither retracted his earlier statement:

Fixed it For Ya!

or acknowledged that Basso was correct and that he was wrong. The facts were out there for Baqui99 to grasp if he wanted to.

The next time that somebody gets Picky about a link that is used by Conservatives in the D&D..............I want YOU to remember that Baqui99 posted something controversial without even providing a Link and other people in the thread besides Basso didn't even care.

20. tinman

Supporting Member

this crap isn't more important than the issue of fake ass rocket fans.
    we all have different politcal views that's a given, but we're all supose to be rocket fans. those idiots who respect the dream or just google stats and tell us real fans about the players we watched in houston ..those suckers need to be banned and beaten like tibetan protestor. how the **** can u think u know about maxwell by googling stats? cut their heads off jeff. its playoff time. no fake fans are welcome here. let them go to hell