1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

D&D Coronavirus thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Feb 23, 2020.

1. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

2. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think the issue is with scarce resources to do testing they don't want to be testing post-mortem.

RayRay10 likes this.
  3. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

This is a depressing thread. I recommend searching out some slightly positive news. Gloom and doom is bad for your health.

4. NewRoxFan

5. NewRoxFan

I know... smaller country, surrounded by water... but still, kudos to New Zealand and their PM...

New Zealand's coronavirus lockdown has resulted in only one death
    https://thehill.com/policy/internat...coronavirus-lockdown-has-resulted-in-only-one

B-Bob, Pringles and RayRay10 like this.
  6. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

I'm done with social distancing and lockdown. There is no empirical evidence whatsoever that says that it works. There is however, abundant data to suggest that it is killing our economy. There will be no jobs, schools, hospitals to return to without an economic engine driving it all. I'm done.

#EndtheLockdown

7. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I'm thinking they can store the samples in the freezer like a TV dinner

8. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

US intelligence briefed White House ‘multiple times’ as far back as November on existence of ‘cataclysmic’ coronavirus

U.S. Intelligence officials briefed the White House “multiple times,” as far back as late November on the existence of a new deadly contagion that was rapidly making its way through China’s Wuhan region. They warned of its “cataclysmic” potential, a secret report shows. That virus turned out to be the novel coronavirus that has decimated the global economy and killed over 83,000 people, including nearly 13,000 in the U.S.

“Analysts concluded it could be a cataclysmic event,” a source told ABC News about a November intelligence report by the Defense Department’s National Center for Medical Intelligence (NCMI).

“’It was then briefed multiple times to’ the Defense Intelligence Agency, the Pentagon’s Joint Staff and the White House.”

The White House has maintained that it did not know about the novel coronavirus until January, while President Donald Trump has repeatedly – and falsely – claimed no one could have predicted something as devastating as this pandemic could have occurred.

Former Deputy Assistant Defense Secretary Mick Mulroy, who is now an ABC News contributor, said “a significant alarm … would have been set off by this” report. “And it would have been something that would be followed up by literally every intelligence-collection agency.”

The report was “available widely” to authorized personnel.

ABC News adds that intelligence officials had to have known even earlier than late November to vet the information sufficiently for it to have been included in White House briefings.

NewRoxFan and RayRay10 like this.
  9. hooroo

hooroo Member

When I first read this it made me wonder if Trump ignored it because he was pushing back against the Pentagon at the time over Gallagher? That would be such a Trump thing to do. Why he even got involved in that Gallagher case was puzzling.

10. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Trump and his very large brain got rid of the WH Pandemic Team in 2018 or thereabouts, so Trump was a pandemic non-believer for quite some time.

11. WNBA

WNBA Member

Wuhan ends 76-day lockdown!

[​IMG]
    High speed trains are in the station and ready for picking up the people leaving the heroic city of Wuhan.

[​IMG]
    People arriving at Wuhan train station! worth big celebration

[​IMG]
    5 hours later, they arrived at Beijing.

covid-19 is not over. This move of ending the lockdown is bold but 11 million Wuhan people need a breather.

12. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Do you believe the recent coronavirus numbers issued by their government?

dachuda86, Invisible Fan and IBTL like this.
  13. Invisible Fan

This will be the best test on how fast people learn and the accuracy of data being reported.

After a couple months in isolation, I don't think people or city can survive without breaking.

But if numbers are wrong and lockdown is lifted prematurely, I'd suspect infection rates and hospital resources to rise more quickly than expected.

RayRay10 and rocketsjudoka like this.
  14. WNBA

WNBA Member

I have to believe because I do not have more accurate number to reject Wuhan's number since I am not living there. From the seriousness of how Chinese government handling the pandemic, how people are prepared for it, I believe their number.

If anyone ask me if I believe the number for the US. I'd confidently tell anyone asking: no, no way. because I am living here and seeing people are not getting tested or treatment.

No numbers are accurate but I believe the most important thing is Wuhan has won the battle.

#3474 WNBA, Apr 8, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2020
  15. WNBA

WNBA Member

if the numbers are faked, if there are still cases, they have NO chance to be allowed to go into Beijing. The test is over. The covid-19 is over.

16. NewRoxFan

kansas Gov Laura Kelly puts in place a stay-at-home order and a ban on large gatherings, like other (sane) governors. Republicans in KS Legislature just **overturned** the ban on large gatherings because they... want Kansans in large gatherings?
    now?

Kansas Lawmakers Wiped Out Gov. Laura Kelly's COVID-19 Ban On Big Church Gatherings
    https://www.kcur.org/post/kansas-la...s-covid-19-ban-big-church-gatherings#stream/0

RayRay10, No Worries and B-Bob like this.
  17. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

B-Bob and Hakeemtheking like this.
  18. Invisible Fan

Fighting reocurrance to a novel disease is like playing whack-a-mole.

I hope I'm being over pessimistic, and we're all lucky for it to be a one and done.

No Worries likes this.
  19. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Maybe for yall. We still have a battle over here.

20. WNBA

WNBA Member

It won't be done because China are receiving tens of infected cases from abroad. The leak through will happen and asymptotic cases are still out there... That's why we see people are still wearing full PPE everywhere in China. The government are still doing aggressive testings, while factories and schools are open. but following is not wise:

[​IMG]

this scene happened on Mt. Huangshan on April 3rd. ... The lockdown really made people wanting to go out more...but this should be stopped.