1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cyberx, paging cyberx ....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Jul 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. basketballholic

Golden State could not get enough floor spacing to get their offense going. Wonder how many people here understand that. Golden State didn't have enough shooters.

2. Nook

Nook Member

I believe you know a good amount about basketball (not as much as you think you know), more than most posters honestly. However you are not the only person on this board that understands floor spacing, offensive flow, switches, etc.

Do you have a wife? A girlfriend? A casual coworker with questionable moral standards?

I ask because you really need to get laid. You need to drop the hammer, drink a shot of bourbon or gin and fall asleep and wake up relaxed.

I promise you, poor floor spacing and seven foot foreign prospects from Kabul or Slovenia will still be topic dejour when you come back.

3. basketballholic

We need to sign Aaron Craft.

4. Nook

Nook Member

You never disappoint....

Yes the Rockets ought to sign Aaron Craft.

5. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

He wants Arron Kraft when we already have bev whose a better defender and shooter lol the wants to get Steph curry brother who is a nbdl scrub even tho we already had in Troy Daniels and he got traded real quick. Lol this dude knows as much about basketball as your neighbor. I don't doubt he watches every game but his opinions are not from a realistic state of mind.

6. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

Bballhollic has taken this thread over again. Just like last summer.

7. basketballholic

Aaron Craft is a better defender than Beverley and Delly combined.

Seth Curry is a better shooter than JET, Bev, and Pablo combined, not to mention a better shooter than 97% of the point guards in the NBA.

8. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Sign me up. I will take out the opposing teams best players. Just pay for my fines yo

9. basketballholic

I think I'd prefer Darrun Hilliard to Seth Curry because Hilliard can both shoot it and defend. But you've probably never heard of him either. We can probably get him without surrendering any assets either, except maybe cash at the most.

10. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

We need rebounding more than anything else you named. Lebron turns it over plenty, but yes 13 TOs is unacceptable, but I don't expect harden to get that ever again.

A lot of people forget that rebounding is a defensive stat once we rebound better as a team and not rely only on Dwight we will be much better, adding bev instead of the grandpas would help also, he a great defender and one of the better rebounding guards in the league.

I think some of the problem with our rebounding is our system we like to leak out and get in transition.

11. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Leave it alone bro I'm busting your balls. You know I'm right tho I'll bet you 100$$ in the tip jar right now neither Seth curry nor Arron Kraft will be productive players in the NBA within the next 3 years.

And yes I follow basketball and I'll give you this hillard actually has NBA size but no he won't be a good NBA player either.

12. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

You act like I don't watch basketball dude Seth curry played at duke and is a nbdl scrub Arron craft is the coaches son at Ohio state hillard is a good sized guard out of nova c'mon dude you don't know nothing about me. I watch plenty basketball I'm just not in the business of naming every scrub and thinking he's going to be a solid pro. You brought this on yourself.

13. HTM

HTM Member

[​IMG]

this is just so far from reality

14. Nook

Nook Member

Defensively Craft is better than Beverley. He is an exceptional defender. The problem is that he is not a very good offensive player. The Rockets scouted him a great deal in college, unfortunately his offensive game never developed. If the Rockets lose Beverley in free agency, Craft would be player I would strongly consider. Even at 6'2"-6'3" he has guarded shooting guards very well. He is a good athlete, very persistent with excellent defensive instincts.

Curry is a better shooter than Daniels. He would shoot 40% or higher, from 3 for the Rockets. His issue is size and defense. He cannot guard any 2's and unless we improve defensively, we cannot afford his defense on the floor. He lacks the handles his brother has, but as a pure shooter he is in that class.

Both have strong work ethics and could be look term role players in the NBA.

15. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

I strongly diasgree theirs nothing that says craft is a better defender then bev who was an all NBA defender just last season. I could be wrong but until craft makes the NBA your just speculating. And no I don't think Seth curry is a better shooter than Troy d he hasn't been in the d league that's for sure. If his last name wasn't curry none of us would have heard of him and he would be playing in Europe that's just fact. The only way he gets called up and given a chance is because of his brother and dad connections. He's a scrub I watched almost all his games at duke he was not getting any pt towards the end of his career their but you think he would be a 40% 3 point shooter for the rockets and better than Troy d I just don't agree.

16. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

I'm pretty sure he got benched for Austin rivers or kyrie Irving one of the two

17. Nook

Nook Member

Seth Curry shot 48% from 3 last year in the D-League. He almost finished 50/50/90 as a shooter last year. He is an exceptional shooter. He also took a high volume of difficult shoots like Troy Daniels. Curry was one of the best offensive players in the D-League.

There really is no debating Seth Curry's ability to shoot the basketball. There are only a handful of players in the world that can shoot like he does, the issue is the rest of his game. A team with strong team defense and an eraser inside could get production out of him.

Patrick Beverley is an elite defender when healthy. Aaron Craft is even better but he isn't near the offensive player Beverley is.

18. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Actually looking back on it Seth did have a decent last season at duke but I do recall him not closing out games that year. But I think he was injured so maybe that was the real reason. I still think he's a scrub and nearly the shooter you do tho.

19. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

What was Troy d 3pt percentage in the dleague? Curious I do remember he made more 3s then anyone ever before he got called up.

20. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Troy d shot 47% from 3 in his 11 games this season in the NBA playing for Charlotte.... I mean he's no scrub either and has NBA games played. He was awful shooting the 3 ball for us at the start of the year tho.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.