1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

CUSA Title Game: Houston vs. Somebody

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by DonnyMost, Nov 25, 2011.

1. Major Malcontent

Major Malcontent Contributing Member

Perhaps we were overrated. I don't know.....the way we dominated lesser competition kind of makes me think that we just had a bad game.

It is a very bitter pill to swallow. You have to get to meaningful games on the national stage in order to have a chance to win them.

The however many million we got from the BCS would have been very useful....but it's spilled milk now. We just have to work our way back.

2. Ashes

Ashes Member

Such a pity.

3. Nook

Nook Member

For the LAST TIME the did not lose to a better team... first it was pointed out that UH blew out the two teams MS lost too. Then you said that MS played Marshall which according to you was harder than anyone UH played... then it was pointed out to you that UH ALSO played Marshall and dropped 60 on Marshall.

UH choked... did the A&M speculation hurt? I think so.... but Sumlin and his staff did not do as good a job as usual, and the players certainly did not.

4. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

that's pretty much the story.

5. Nook

Nook Member

Completely agree...

6. Nook

Nook Member

The Big East gets a BCS bid... pretty sure it will not be 20 year...

7. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Hey guys -- sorry, I was out for the past three hours. As I was away from the board, I was dissecting the game in my head, and I after some thought, I really feel that the loss came down to one important issue:

BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA

UH COOG'D IT YET AGAIN

*SNORT*

8. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

Don't even start with that.

I saw a stadium full of fans today standing the whole game trying to will their team to a victory. A sellout crowd cheering for every play as loud as they can for as long as they can. A crowd that on consecutive plays forced a false start by USM. And what happens the very next play when the the defense is calling for us to be even louder? They give up six. The crowd gave the team their all today and the team failed us. So excuse me and others for not wanting to prolong our misery and watch an elated USM team celebrate in our house.

I'm proud of my team and all they have accomplished this season and am thrilled with how far they have come the last decade. But I think I have a right to be a little pissed right now. This loss hurt...it would have felt a lot better if both teams played well and UH came up short. But not like this.

2 people like this.
  9. UTKaluman597

UTKaluman597 Contributing Member

This loss sets the team back quite a bit. They really really could have used that BCS bowl money. But now? No money, no head coach, no qb. Rough times ahead.

10. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

Where did you really graduate? There's no way someone as immature as you graduated from Rice.

11. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Wanted to see you guys win.

But, since it didn't happen.

If TCU moves up 2 spots, they'll be in a BCS game for the 3rd time! :eek:

Southern Miss did the same to TCU back in 2003, ruined their perfect year on their way to the BCS.

#411 Uprising, Dec 3, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2011
  12. rhadamanthus

rhadamanthus Contributing Member

Was at the game. Sloppiest thing I've seen since high school.

Tragic. Ah well, at least LSU won.

13. Poloshirtbandit

Pretty much how I feel. I stayed for as long as I could. With about 5 minutes left in the game and the game dragging on (the first quarter took something like 40-45 minutes) I couldn't stand to watch anymore.

14. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

I wish I could've been there to know exactly how things went down (couldn't even see it on tv or hear it on the radio), seems like a lot of silly miscues and mistakes early put us behind the 8-ball and while the defense didn't play great, the special teams and offensive line absolutely stunk it up.

15. solid

solid Contributing Member

I thought you had tickets? Anyway, the worst game UH played all year. While S.Miss had something to do with that, they weren't particularly impressive early. Coogs seemed very distracted (likely Sumlin speculation) and out of sync. Multiple miscues, horrible punting (again), a defense that looked like it was playing UTEP again, dropped passes, etc. Just an awful day; disappointing in so many ways. BCS dreams (and money), Heisman dreams for Keenum, and likely Sumlin dreams, all crushed. The S.Miss coach was sort of a jerk after the game, kind of rubbed it in. The bottom-line is that S.Miss was the first ranked team UH played all year and they were soundly defeated. So maybe the Coogs weren't who we thought they were. I was really hyped up, what a let down.

16. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

Of course they were overrated (by some), but gaudy numbers and an undefeated record will do that to you. They looked overmatched in so many facets of the game. It's a damn shame, and particularly so because UH did exactly what it's biggest critics said they would. An absolutely huge wasted opportunity there. It's really unfortunate: would have been great to see the school and city continue to get the recognition.

17. bcast89

bcast89 Member

It's not Case's last game, unless you meant to say his last in Robertson Stadium.

Anyway, I'm disappointed like many true UH fans but I feel as if we were just really exposed this game. Of course, those little mistakes make a big difference, but it's as if we were just given more credit than we deserved based on the competition we faced. To be beaten at home, no less, made this sting even more. I'm tired of hearing other universities talk down on us and hate the bandwagoners who make us look bad. Hopefully, we can still build off the highs this year and be consistent in the years to come.

18. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

You didn't even bother to go to the game you described as the most important in C-USA history?

yep, UH can seom great fans, indeed!

19. ShutURBiG!

ShutURBiG! Contributing Member

At least our school's football game tickets go for around $200. That's a perfectly understandable reason.

Then again, I shouldn't bother feeding the troll..

20. plates300

plates300 Member

if you even bothered to read, his move in date was this weekend. reading comprehension > you.