1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[CUSA Hoops] UH @ UTEP

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by JeeberD, Jan 12, 2009.

1. JeeberD

JeeberD Contributing Member

Wednesday night. Y'alls demolition of UAB has me worried, but the Miners are playing pretty good ball right now as well. I think if we can continue to play solid D (which we've done very inconsistently throughout the season), I think we have a great shot of getting the win. If we leave y'all open all night...it's gonna be a long one.

2. xcamm1

xcamm1 Member

UH is underrated this year with their easy non conference schedule. I think its gonna be a good year for the coogs.

3. rikesh316

rikesh316 Member

I don't think UH could beat UTEP in El Paso. Stefon Jackson and Randy Culpepper are really good. Jackson versus Kelvin Lewis should be a good matchup. Lewis just held Robert Vaden to 10 points. Aubrey Coleman is a good defender also. He should guard Culpepper because Desmond Wade is real short and is not a good defender. UH needs a big game from Wade if they want to win. He has really struggled lately.

4. Major Malcontent

Major Malcontent Contributing Member

Is this one gonna be televised on the CSTV cable channel?

5. JeeberD

I don't believe it is, MM...

6. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

See y'all there!

7. ryan17wagner

ryan17wagner Member

Who's y'all??? We're all in the H. :p

8. JeeberD

All of us?

Of course, being in DFW doesn't make it any easier for me to attend the game... :(

9. A.J.

A.J. Member

Let's go baby

10. ryan17wagner

ryan17wagner Member

How about THE SHOW! We didn't need a big game from D-Wade (12 points). Lewis (29 points) and Coleman (24 points) brought it tonight. The Houston team had five scorers in double digits. Great ball movement and another great win.

GO COOGS!

11. Major Malcontent

Good lord the last 45 seconds of that game were longer than my last romantic relationship.

Great win for the Coogs. Jackson is a BEAST if he played somewhere else we might be looking at an All-American. We are very fortunate to finally get a win in the Haskins Center.

12. bottlerocket

bottlerocket Member

Coogs win!

Minor Fan,

Bow down when you're in H-town!

13. JeeberD

Congrats, y'all. I was at work and couldn't watch the game, but from what I hear the Miners played like I worried they might...without any defensive tenacity. But let me tell you, if you had told me that Kareem Cooper would score 21 points and we would still lose, I would have thought you were smoking something...

14. JeeberD

Round two tonight. I don't give the Miners much of a chance, we've been struggling as of late and one of our key contributors is out for three weeks after knee surgery...

15. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

You're in DFW? Did you go to the UTEP/SMU game on the 10th of Jan? UH is playing here on Feb 11th so I have to get some tix...

Coogs: 75
    UTEP: 70

16. JeeberD

Yup, I went. I go every year. There's a really big UTEP alumni group in the DFW area, and we always party at the Barley House before and after the game, and during the game we drown out the scant few SMU fans that show up...

17. Major Malcontent

Aubrey is suspended...

If we are demoralized by the choke job at the end of the AZ game then we will get blown out.

If we are P.O'ed about it we might run ya'll out of the Hoff.

My prediction is a very one sided game..I just can't predict the winner.

18. JeeberD

I was at work tonight and had to check the score on my phone. The first chance I got was at halftime and I just rolled my eyes and thought, "Here we go again." I got busy again and wasn't able to check the score for a while, but when I did I did a freaking double-take. I thought ESPN.com must have swapped the scores or something, I couldn't believe we were up ten after having been down by nine.

Great to see true freshman Arnette Moultrie taking charge down low. He just needs to work on his free throw shooting if he's going to become a big part of the offense. He's shown a ton of promise, especially during the early part of the season, but he hadn't really taken that step to become a major piece of the offense. Looks like tonight he took it, and then some.

19. JeeberD

24 hours later and nothing? Not a single word?

Damn...at least I posted a congrats after y'all won.

20. msn

msn Member

This whole forum has been a ghost town for a couple weeks. I can't wait til pitchers and catchers report.