1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Crunch time lineup

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bozo, Dec 4, 2002.

1. bozo

bozo Contributing Member

Any comments on the crunch time linup vs San Antonio? From the middle of 3rd quarter on it was primarily Yao, EG, T Morris along with Steve and Moochie. Are there any injuries to KT, Rice, Mo T? Or just our future front line?

Also saw more ball movement than I've seen in a long time. It actually looked like we were running plays for most of the game ( except for a short spurt where Steve/Mooch reverted to the ISO stuff early in the 4th.)

At any rate, it was a heck of an effort against SA... you can see the rapport/respect between Steve and Yao growing by leaps and bounds. - - this team is really worth the price of a ticket..

2. DearRock

DearRock Contributing Member

To me one of the keys to last night victory was Moochie. He control the game and was on with his shot and passes. With him and Ming, it made everything easy, hence the solid play from Tmo and EG. Is this a crunch time lineup? I do not know but they looked very good.

3. codell

codell Contributing Member

Knowing Rudy like we do, our crunch time lineup will never be a set 5 and could change from game to game depending on matchups and what role player has the hot hand (Steve, Yao and Mobley being the only players on the court consistantly at the end of the game).

4. solid

solid Contributing Member

Where is Tango on this thread? He is missing. It is no fun if you guys are not going to do the "Bozo and Tango" routine. I love that.;)

5. Tango

Tango Contributing Member

LOL! Here I am :D.

Actually Rudy commented on this line up on 610 tonight. Said he liked what he saw. There was a question from a caller about the possibility of this lineup being the starters with Steve playing 2 and Moochie playing 1. Rudy essentially said that 1,2,3 and 5 positions as starters were set already, that he didn't like the combination of foul trouble for both Steve and Moochie in the game together, and something to the effect that T Maddox wasn't ready yet for being in the rotation.

Also some really interesting comments by Rudy about wanting to go down to below 10 man rotation for rhythm and consistency.

6. AMS_blackwidow

EG and cato together beast It. and that i think is our best defensive frontcourt// and better for crunch time. maybe YAo, EG, CAto, CAT, and steve

7. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Man that is a tall frontline, I wonder if we will ever see that.