1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Crucial audition on tap for Henson

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Rockets34Legend, Feb 11, 2004.

1. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Would anyone be dissapointed by Henson for the #20 pick, including Henson, who would be in a pretty good position in Miami (good weather, legacy of Marino, opportunity to start relatively soon, great running back, pretty strong defense, etc.)

2. bigboymumu

bigboymumu Member

I bet he goes to the Giants or Packers!

3. Yao Wink

Yao Wink Member

ESPN had Mel Kiper on and he said expect a 2nd round pick for Henson, or maybe a late first rounder if a team doesn't think Henson will be around in the 2nd round. He said the ideal place would be Green Bay, since Henson is used to the cold weather after playing at Michigan and that when Favre is ready to pack it up, Henson should be ready to shine.

4. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

True, but isn't the whole point of this trade frenzy so Henson can have some say in the team he goes to instead of re-entering the draft and getting taken by some crap team?

5. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

not to be all pissy, but this was not a gamble. there was no risk, not an ounce, involved in henson's selection. it's more likely he'll quit baseball, agree to a trade and get a higher pick in return than it is to expect a sixth rounder to make, and then contribute significantly, to your team.

doesn't diminish casserly's move - it was pure genius. but not a gamble.

sorry; had to get that out there.

6. BobFinn*

BobFinn* Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Drew Henson throws during his workout as scouts watch intently.(AP

7. VesceySux

VesceySux Contributing Member

According to a friend of mine, a huge Yankees fan, most Giants fans are also Yankees fans. So, I would think there's no way Henson would want to play in front of a NY crowd after leaving the Yankees organization. Besides, the NY fans would boo the living hell out of him if he so much as throws ONE errant pass. That's just what they do. I doubt he'd want to deal with that (and the vicious NY press). Also, the Giants' O-line is atrocious. No protection for a young QB.

So, if Henson wants to get himself killed AND booed at the same time, he'll go to NY. If he's sane and rational, he'd be wise to go elsewhere.

8. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

It was a good move by Casserly that was hardly high risk, I only question why he took Tony Hollings with our 2nd rounder.

9. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Oh come on now, moe. How many people expected the Raiders 2nd rounder to be HIGHER than the Texans after this last season?

10. tozai

tozai Member

This all doesn't mean crap unless Henson does the sign and trade to pick which team he wants to go to.

11. l3igballer23

l3igballer23 Contributing Member

Can Drew Henson potentially be better than David CarR?

12. Franchise2001

Franchise2001 Contributing Member

No idea, but thats what Casserly wants to convince people.

13. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Supposedly, back in the day, it was said that had Henson stuck with football he would have been considered along with Carr and Harrington for the #1 pick.

14. bigboymumu

bigboymumu Member

Henson was rated higher than both at one time!

15. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

So 2 #1 picks? One for Carr and the other for Harr!

16. Rocket Fan

Rocket Fan Member

jeff from vandy..

I see what you mean.. especially if henson doesn't want the team he is going to .. to give up too much.. he wants the new team to be as well off as possible..

17. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

I bet Drew Henson ends up in Green Bay.

18. Truth

Truth Member

I'm thinking that the Texans end up with Miami's #20 pick. If they offered it for Ramsey, after another individual workout from Henson and he impresses, maybe they'll toss it out there again.

19. FLAGRANT1

FLAGRANT1 Member

I think maybe we are thinking too small with Henson. For example, if say Miami wanted to give us compensation for him they have a RFA that unabaited. Henson to Miami along with our third round pick for the right to sign Adewele Ogunleyi and their first rounder. We could solve a lot of glaring holes this offseason, reminiscent of when the Oilers were already satisfied with the services of Moon and let Jim Everett go for what became four probowlers.

20. FLAGRANT1

FLAGRANT1 Member