1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Crazy idea -- We keep Capela and go bigger...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by plutoblue11, Nov 23, 2019.

1. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Thread was ended with the first comment. Capela at PF is not an option. A bigger 4 is an option a lot of us have been yelling for during the past couple of offseasons.

ak99999 and D-rock like this.
  2. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

So basically the Lakers?

napalm06 likes this.
  3. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

I couldn't agree more. The Rockets have to strike oil somewhere. It's not going to be through a trade most likely, so it really leaves us 2 options. We find another player in Europe like we did Beverly, or we actually play a young player and they break out. Gary Clark has no chance in my book, but I really feel Clemons and Harty could be that diamond in the rough. Most likely neither are, but we have to find out because as constructed we are not good enough.

The league has discovered that the late double on Harden exposes us because we don't have anyone that can shoot or create efficiently once Harden makes the pass. Clemons is honestly the one player I trust at this point to pair with James in the back court facing that defense. We lost last night because of our back court. Hopefully Gordon comes back and changes a lot that weakness.

I really don't think that either player has what it takes to put us over the top, but they can be good enough to become trade chips to balance the roster. If Harty and Clemons break out, I'd love to see us get something of value from someone like the Knicks to bolster our roster.

4. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

not crazy at all but it seems both Morey and Antoni loves small ball with PJ at the center... :oops:

5. BigBum

BigBum Member

Who?
    Where is the asset to trade for that guy? Brick is the only tradable asset. Trade Brick to Heat?
    Clippers have more assets.

6. elmotsang

elmotsang Member

Miami gets big 3 can win the champion, I think we need some strong players to join.

7. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I dunno if we will ever see two people over 6'8 on the court together in a rockets uniform ever again

Rocket River

txtodd and snowconeman22 like this.
  8. fattz

fattz Member

Let’s go to the dollar store (g league) and sign the best shooting big and try it. Wait he is already on the team —> IHart needs some playing time.

9. elmotsang

elmotsang Member

l think Morey should take a look at Miami Heat Leborn, wade and Bosh, their bench, why their big 3 are much stronger ? And try to work out in that direction. I think our bench really sucks.