1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Crazy] How to beat the hack a strategy (mockery)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BigShasta, May 26, 2015.

1. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

Forgive me for my post as I've been stuck in an airport for the entire day. What a way to end a smooth vacation.

So I caught up on all 4 games and realized that a way to beat the hack a smith or Howard strategy is that before this play happens, have Smith/Howard hug either Harden or Terry. What happens is that when you foul Smith/Howard you're essentially fouling Harden or Terry.

Boom. It's over. I solved the problem while making a mockery of the rules in the process.

2. fearthebeardman

We should have Josh and Howard run around the court playing tag with the other team.

3. BigShasta

Or you can have a ring around the Rosie (not odonnel) type play as well where Ariza harden Terry just hold hands and protect our bigs while someone brings the ball up court.

4. ivenovember

ivenovember Member

I see this playing out like when the Mighty Ducks call the Flying V formation, I like it.

5. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Of course all of these ideas could theoretically work, but they'd be giving the Warriors a huge advantage. You no longer get your players into an offensive set just to avoid an intentional foul? That's a victory.

6. RockingRox

RockingRox Member

This could actually work. If Josh or Howard run 10 second in every one of their hacking try, Kerr would look dumb with camera on his face.

7. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

If you can find a way to run clock before the inevitable foul I think you deflate the impact of the strategy.

8. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

We should have all 5 players hold hands and run a flying V.

1 person likes this.
  9. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

then what happens when they triple the ball handler in the backcourt?

10. BigShasta

Ball handler is in that ring as well.

11. slothy420

slothy420 Paper Street Soap Co.

You can see Harden chucking up a 3 almost every time Howard/Smith gets hacked, yet I don't think the refs ever take that into consideration... is Harden just too slow taking the shot when the hack is on? Its not like everyone in the area doesn't know what's coming.

Also, why not give the ball to Howard/Smith when the hack is on and let them hoist a 3 pointer as they are getting hacked; at least they might get 3 free throws instead of 2, right?

12. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

The shot would literally have to go up at the exact moment of the foul for it to matter. That's why the refs don't bother with it and why James only says something on the rare occasion that the shot goes in.

13. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Maybe when someone gets intentionally hacked the game crew puts a giant funnel on top of the rim for them to shoot at?

14. 08kx250f

08kx250f Member

The player being hacked should run all the way up the stairs, pass the red rowdies, through the concourse, up the escalator and..

15. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

Wouldn't this work if say,

Dwight or J-Smoove inbound the ball to JET or Harden and then whichever bad FT shooting big just stays out of bounds for 10-15 seconds while walking around the baseline to the sideline and up the court but still out of bounds. Then with 10 seconds left on the clock while the other Rox players are still passing or dribbling the ball, that bad FT shooting big then walks onto the court(and then gets fouled but after the Rox use up 10-15 seconds of clock).

16. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

Crap, just checked and it seems that might be a technical foul on the big that inbounded the ball but didn't get on the court.

17. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

By knocking down your freaking freethrows.

Just that simple.

1 person likes this.
  18. jruthlaz

jruthlaz Member

seriously this...

What would it take? Them making 3 or 4 in a row before Kerr chickened out and stopped hacking?

19. scottie brooks

Someone posted this a while back and included a drawing of all the team surrounding Dwight with hands interlocked making it impossible for the other team to reach him. I can't find it or I would repost it. Classic thread tho.

20. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

U do realise that when GSW put up a shot they can just grab dwight and smoove right...