1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Crazy find in my garage

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by leroy, Nov 25, 2018.

1. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

if we learned anything from pawn stars its that you should never try to clean up or make any restoration attempts on your relics/art/ect!!! the seller would always end up lowering the value!

congrats on the find. that is really cool. there are some major 80's heavy hitters on those boards...they got to be worth some money to someone!

#21 jo mama, Nov 25, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2018
  2. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

I’m sure they wouldn’t mind if probably 20 or more years of being in a garage rafter’s worth of dirt and dust were carefully removed. But you might be right, too.

The Robin Williams one is pretty dark considering what happened.

“Scenery is here
    Wish I was beautiful”

3. tochiee22

tochiee22 Contributing Member

TAke it to pAwn stars
    You’ll ask for 20,000 they’ll bring in the expert and then they’ll offer you $500,
    Come out with $200

4. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

5. leroy

So I got in touch with Ken Hoffman. He sent me what he thinks might still be John Lander's email address. I sent him an email with pics of the boards to see if it triggers his memory.

Also turns out that one of the preeminent autograph authenticators for the music industry lives in Houston. I sent him an email too about possible authenticating the signatures and helping to get me a value on them. I think, unless we find out they aren't worth anything, we're going to sell.

6. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

Hey Leroy, great find. I've got some DJ friends that I'll reach out to. It becomes a pretty small world once you're a DJ in a large market.

7. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

Hey I may have some Info for you soon - my friend at KLUV here in DFW says he can help, but he's on the air right now. I'll let you know as soon as I have something.

heypartner and leroy like this.
  8. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Awesome. Yeah, I remember reading a while back Hoffman used to work at KKBQ or something back in the Q Morning Zoo days. Hope you get ahold of Lander, and hope he's doing ok. A lot of the 80's for me revolved around listening to the Q Morning Zoo and that radio station. lol.

9. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

10. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

11. leroy

Anyone have ideas on how I could get a value on these (NO, I'm not taking them to Vegas to go on that show)? The alleged autograph authenticator guy blew me off, saying it was too big and too random. I have to think that this weird collection of autographs is entirely unique but I do recognize it would have to take the right person to be interested.

12. Nook

Nook Member

It really is difficult to say because of the condition and the sheer number of autographs. I will say, based on my experience, it probably isn't worth as much as you think. You will likely find people interested in cutting the piece for individual autographs like the Robin Williams one.

13. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Was it Roger Epperson?

14. leroy

Yep. He completely blew me off.

15. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

Excellent thread leroy!

Reppin' that Sam flag in the background!

16. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Dang. Well, from what I've read, he's pretty highly-regarded in the industry, and specifically for music autographs (like you said). Not that I'd know anything about autographs or anything, but I thought it'd hold more value than that. I didn't think it would be a $5,000 piece or anything, but still.

17. leroy

His response was that they were too big and too random in who signed it...that there wouldn’t be anybody that would want all of it. I thought that was short sighted. Where else would someone get the Fresh Prince begging to get his record played...next to a very dark Robin Williams autograph...next to Kenny Loggins being jealous that he hasn’t even met Huey Lewis...next to Michael Bolton thanking them for letting him say “f***”?

Or, maybe it was because I didn’t pay the $15 fee on his site to get things evaluated.

Deckard likes this.
  18. body slam

body slam Member

If all else fails you can always try ebay. Set a price and see what happens.

Still a awesome find.

19. Buck Turgidson

Has anyone tried to contact Mr. Leonard?

Does anyone remember the 93Q tape of their skits they sold at some point? I know I still have it in a box somewhere.

20. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

I remember that tape being on sale and wanting it. Being a poor kid in the country in Alvin, never even had a chance to get it.

Buck Turgidson likes this.