1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

CP3 puts his Houston home up for sale

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by motleydeflep6, Apr 23, 2018.

1. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I'll try to make an argument for it being a good thing...

If this was him being UNSURE about staying here, he'd probably stay in his current home and not mess with selling it until that decision was final. That he is already selling it makes me think it's more about not liking the current living situation than not liking the team. Chances are he's buying another property somewhere else which is another big financial commitment. If he thinks there's a high chance he's leaving I would think he'd sit tight and just wait for all that to play out and THEN sell.

Dayop, DonKnock, BigM and 2 others like this.
  2. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Except that it’s not enough:eek:

daywalker02 likes this.
  3. vince

vince Member

He’s a free agent and has the right to sign with a team of his choosing.

I’d imagine if he realized that his mega mansion wasn’t right for him, putting it on the market now would start the process in flipping it. Multi million dollar homes might be on the market for a while, so he might as well get the process started.

Rockets have had a magical season till this point. And right now, it’s about getting a title back to Houston; we’ll worry about player roster moves till the offseason.

4. Tenchi

Tenchi Contributing Member

He's rich so his kids probably go to private school so he can live anywhere in town and they can go to the same school as now. From what I recall he also dabbles in real estate so he could be flipping the house like the previous poster said. But most likely he just wants to live next to the man who built Toyota Center and move to Royal Oaks to bask in Stevie Franchises glow.

DonKnock likes this.
  5. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Damn, I live near sterling ridge/the woodlands and was hoping to randomly run into him at an heb or some shiit.

My dream school are shattered.

Also, the woodlands is amazing. Who wants to drive around lookin at billboards and buildings?

Also, I drive an hour to work every day, so what? This is Texas.

6. adw

adw SuperClutchMan

Stay calm

7. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

I dont think threres a scenario in the NBA that would give him a combination of chemistry with team, winning and better living situation for family than Houston currently. Not ONE!

I AINT WORRIED.

8. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

That is a bit concerning....

Stormy1234 likes this.
  9. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

If you're a multimillionaire, could live in any area in Houston, and your job is located in downtown, would YOU want to commute an hour each way on 45 or buy a nicer pad closer to work?

DonKnock and Stormy1234 like this.
  10. Game7

Game7 Member

The land of billboards and buildings.

BigMaloe likes this.
  11. MystikArkitect

Seems decisive. Chris has been pretty upfront about his Rockets stuff since last year. Probably realized it’s far and since has gotten to know the area and other schools for his kids to go to that are more in town.

Don’t think he’d list it now if he was leaving honestly.

12. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

I'm also a "neighbor" of CP3 and was hoping to run into him at Bowlero, Perry's, Truluck's, etc... but no luck yet.

I will say this, if my kids were going to Kincaid and I lived in The Woodlands I would move too. That **** is way too far for school.

DonKnock and BigMaloe like this.
  13. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Yes, that's a haul. My wife and I like to drive up to The Woodlands and walk around; but since we don't have jobs there, fuhgettaboutit.

14. HTM

HTM Member

I'm confident he can afford the Hardy Toll Road but your point stands... commuting an hour one way to work everyday/most days really sucks.

15. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

I can afford it too but I hate the drive. Trust me I live it and wouldn't do it 5 days a week for school. A couple times a week to Toyota Center, not a problem though. Which is why I think this is more about his wife and kids commute than his.

16. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

They are moving into the loop, that’s for sure

17. Bobsputin

Bobsputin Member

Pull a Philip Rivers. Hire a driver, or family member to drive, and kick back and watch TV, video cut ups of games, sleep, whatever ...

If it's cause his kids school is far away, that is a different story.

18. ballscientist1

Next season: my best salary projections (10-man rotation) for top 5 west teams (no need to pay lx taxes)

2 stars = 65 million

3 Rookie Contracts for young players = 6 million (multi-years, low cost high production)

5 role players = 45 million

reserves for rest = 5 million

For Rockets:

There is no multi-year rookie contracts (low cost high production)

Ryan + Gordon = 35 million (role players) and Capela 20 million?

I will post solutions for Rockets contracts later..

#158 ballscientist1, Apr 24, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2018
  19. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

Prob this.

Might take a while to sell that kind of property, wants to get it on the market and be moved in time for next season.

20. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member