1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

CP3/DOC vs HARDEN/MCHALE (Communication, admitting, tuff love)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Play07, Nov 8, 2013.

?

can this kind of tuff love happen with harden/mchale ?

1. yes

6 vote(s)
    10.2%
  2. no

13 vote(s)
    22.0%
  3. not with mchale

40 vote(s)
    67.8%
  1. Play07

Play07 Member

heat/clippers"
    I've got to give the ball up and let other guys make plays." Paul "I thought he got a little defiant," Rivers said about Paul. "He wanted to beat the traps tonight. That's a lesson learned for all of us. ... I thought he got competitive."

Paul was asked to respond to Rivers' comments about being defiant.

"You tell me," Paul said. "I don't know. I just played a bad game."

How does this relate to harden/mchale?

cp3 averages 12.5 assist which shows he is a good team player and if you had to pick a allstar it would be him right now, but he can still admit he made mistakes as the leader of his team. Doc is not afraid to let it be known to ALL STAR player he needs to make a correction in his game. No matter how many games he has won or his stats look like. I watched clippers lakers game were doc was chewing cp3 out its TUFF LOVE and that’s what good coaches have to do.

Harden always says after interview WE have to get better. Never takes the blame for himself. Its nothing wrong with saying you good have passed more etc. Mchale has no control of certain situations and just doesn’t demand respect so to a certain degree you cant blame harden for the lack of play calling. He is always Mr. Tuff man in letting media know lin made mistakes and he pulls him out quick. Not saying he needs to take our top scorer out but why can’t he let be known when his allstar didn’t get his teammates involved more? harden needs to take blame sometimes also. Do you guys think this kind of understanding & communication cp3/doc has can ever happen in Houston ? If not why ?

2. GanjaRocket

GanjaRocket Member

harden has mchale convinced he doesn't need to be reigned in.

idk what it is

3. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

This place and LOF's witch hunt of Harden is out of control.

1 person likes this.
  4. Mr Exlax

Mr Exlax Member

I'm new and you're right man. This **** is getting out of control. I like both the players. I like any player that plays for the Houston Rockets.

5. Willard Decker

I think people need to stop reading too much into one set of postgame comments. The knee-jerk behavior after losses is embarrassing.

--Captain Decker

6. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

Harden is still young, he had a break out year and just became a leader, he still has a long way to learn about how to lead a team.

So is McHale, he's still a newbie coach, and first time really coaching a championship contender level team with 2 super stars.

I will give more time to those two on leadership and admitting.

7. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

I know you from ISH so I know you are a good poster.

8. Pukimonster

Pukimonster Member

When Doc came over to the Clippers he told CP3, you haven't done anything yet and CP3 went to the media and publicly agreed, yeah he's right I haven't done anything yet.

When Spoestra became the Heat's coach, he told Lebron I'm not gonna pander to you and they went at it for a year until they were on the same page. He also got Wade to accept this was now Lebron's team, not his

Pops yells at everyone and they all take it because they respect him

No clue how good McHale is with the egos yet

9. Play07

Play07 Member

what does lin have to with this ? I was talking about the best player/coach...
    lebron/spo, parker,pop, vogel/PG, tibbs/rose

10. Play07

Play07 Member

and i would say things about lin, just havent had that chance first of all he is not even s starter so does not effect the team as much, and his play so far has not shown he needs to be called out about anything, he took his bench role and was postive about it

11. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

I really don't care what they say to reporters. What is more important is what they say to each other, not only during games but in practices, film sessions, etc. And frankly, I don't care about what they say to each other as much as I care about how they actually perform. What concerns me now is that there are some bad performances, though these are hopefully correctable since the season is only beginning.

What they say to reporters are just given as a result of NBA mandated media availability and done in response to questions from these media members who want a quote for their TV show or game story in the paper or website-- and most of the time are gonna be bland "we gotta get better, one game at a time" deals.

12. DREAM ON!

DREAM ON! Member

Lol ya its november 8th. Look at the Bulls they are struggling getting Rose back into the mix and Deng, Noah, Boozer have been there for years....the rockets are just one season and 6 ges old

13. DwangBoy

DwangBoy Member

START taking ownership. STOP being entitled. PROBLEM SOLVED.

14. Play07

Play07 Member

you are right carl, they dont have to say it to the media, if they address it behind closed doors thats good also

15. Play07

Play07 Member

do you think will happen ? how does a team go about it ?

16. hooroo

hooroo Member

+ Parsons, Bev, and Dwight.

17. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

I have never heard Parsons admit his mistakes, he costed us the game. Plus its a team it should be a team effort and improvement. They all need to start playing since the first quarter not just try to catch up on the next ones.

18. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

They are out for blood. It's mostly harden though as they believe Harden is holding lin back.

19. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

These polls only go to show that the LOFandom is out of touch with reality. You guys are seriously disparaging one of the 2 superstars on our team after a week? It's just silly. There is so much vengeance in the air. I appreciate these poll-threads because I am presented with a number of people to put on my ignore list.

20. cn0gd

cn0gd Member

good coaches were out there for a while and we could've land one yet Morey kept stuck on McSuccess.:(