1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

CP3 and James are the most talented backcourt in history.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BaselineFade, Nov 22, 2018.

1. bmelo

bmelo Member

Klay is a role player. Cp and Harden are top30 ever (would be higher if it wasnt for injuries or choke jobs. Steph is reason and leader for best team ever so hes got to be top5 ever. When he is on you really cant do nothing.

2. Know Your Role

Agree.

KD or Prime Pippen, I'm taking Pippen with or without MJ. Pippen played the game like a man until he came to the Rockets.

3. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Same can be said if either cp3 or harden are on as well

And lol harden is a 3 time true mvp rockets wont even make the playoffs if they had steph instead of harden and gsw will be a sure dynasty with harden kd green klay ai

Harden + cp3 >>> steph + klay

BaselineFade likes this.
  4. roslolian

roslolian Member

Maybe you need to look up how the Finals MVP is awarded before you say MVP is just a popularity contest, FYI it is also decided by a panel of 11 media personalities so it is also a popularity contest by your definition.

Cavs have no answer to KD because he left his own team and joined Curry's team, that means all of Durant's achievements are due to Curry, he is Curry's beta b**** and will follow him wherever he goes. Curry is the better player because he attracts players like Durant to play with him, Dirant is worse since he will leave whatever team he is on to be Curry's sidekick its all in black and white not sure how you can't see it.

Curry doesn't just contain KD, he also converts him to join his own team. Its insane how much of a beta b**** the cupcake snake has become.

5. BasketballMind

BasketballMind Contributing Member

I'd like to see Klay play somewhere else as the guy before I compare him to Paul/Harden. Especially with losing 4 in a row without Steph. This is the perfect time for him to show the world he's on the same level as Harden, Paul, KD, Curry, etc

BaselineFade likes this.
  6. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Lol I hate Durant too for the biggest b**** move in NBA history. But I won’t let my hate cloud my judgement. It’s all circumstantial. Curry got drafted by a big market team in San Francisco with unlimited resources. Durant’s team got moved to small market OKC and their owner was too cheap to pay his own players and let Harden, Sefolosha and others walk. If the roles were reversed Durant woulda never left the Bay and we would be talking about how Curry left OKC. Why should it matter if you get recruited or not. Curry couldn’t beat Lebron without him.

If no one wants to play with Durant why is everyone always recruiting him.

Hope he leaves this summer and destroys curry in the playoffs. Would be awesome to see him go back to OKC for the min lol.

7. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

He isn't on the same level as them.

roslolian and BasketballMind like this.
  8. roslolian

roslolian Member

I'm not hating on Durant I mean look at GSW now 4 game losing streak without Curry. If KD was really better than Curry then their team wouldn't be struggling he would carrying then to wins just like Curry carried GSW when KD got injured. If the roles were reversed its possible GSW wouldn't have won a ring and KD would have left to join Curry's team in OKC, I mean look at GSW now do they look like champions without Curry? Lol

KD is a nightmare matchup 1v1 but basketball isn't 1v1, its 5v5. Curry has a large impact on making others better, KD not so much in fact the reason KD and Green started jawing at each other was Kd didn't pass the ball to an open teammate and instead took the shot which cost them the game. KD is a great individual player but he doesn't make plays for others and he can't be the sole offensive engine the way Lebron, Harden and Curry can thats why he has to join another team and that's why he is a tier below those guys.

#108 roslolian, Nov 23, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2018
  9. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Closest comparison is Isiah and Dumars

Rocket River

BaselineFade likes this.
  10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Durant the Cupcake is back now and Klay plays better.

11. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

durant s game is ugly and boring af tho
    dribble dribble dribble up to the 3 pt line then raise up over everybody and score

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

13. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

too small sample size..hes got no skill of harden nor consistency... nor ability to carry his team
    unlike harden he played his entire career on star stacked teams with amazing role players plus the REFS HELP plus amazing homecourts(whereas harden plays in TC theater)

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

True. He does not need to do it consistently, just in time until Curry gets back.

15. Exiled

Exiled Member

Harris and Barea >>Harden &DNP3

16. Homey the Clown

So much delusion here as usual. Take yalls homer glasses off for a bit. Harden and Paul haven't proven anything aside from almost beating GSW last season. They literally have nothing to show for aside from having the best regular season record last year and an MVP for Harden. That's it. "Most talented ever" doesn't equate to being one of the worst teams in the league in only their 2nd year with both being veterans. The same backcourt that had the best record in the league last season has one of the worst on court production in the league this year. Injuries, health and supporting cast are no excuse because that's apart of basketball and being considered the "best ever." But yall are saying these two are the best backcourt ever? Lmao. Curry and Klay have the hardware, length of time together, the successful consistency and the stats to prove it over Harden and an aging CP3. I love my Rockets but damn. You need more than one sucessful year together to be considered "best ever." The homerisims here are ridiculous sometimes.

Yukyuk likes this.