1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

CP3 and James are the most talented backcourt in history.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BaselineFade, Nov 22, 2018.

1. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

My post was referring to James and CP vs Steph and Klay. Jordan and Kobe never played together. That’s a completely different argument. Of course no backcourt tandem could beat that.

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

They could if Jordan and Kobe beat each other up and their egos ruin it for them.

You putrid Kobe!

You soft mike!

But Jordan and the Glove Payton would be good. They would defend Harden and CP like hawks with enormous size advantage.

#42 daywalker02, Nov 22, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2018
    hakeem94 likes this.
  3. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I start with the fact that.........Harden should have 3 MVPs by now.......
    And I am not lying

They robbed him for Steph's first one........they robbed him for Westbrook's

That is why he will be underrated.....the media did it.

Rocket River

BigShasta, jcf and hakeem94 like this.
  4. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

another thing,
    1. put harden in eastern conference and he would have taken any team to 60 wins year after year after year...
    2. coupled with another allstar it would be finals or title every damn year

Rocket River and jcf like this.
  5. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

I'm very bias towards the Rockets, but Curry is going to be ranked above Harden and CP3. Curry's shooting from anywhere outside the 3s practically changed the NBA. His shot ranges and quick triggers are revolutionary. You have young kids (Trae Yoing) want to be Curry than Harden, or CP3. Curry and Klay, or Harden and CP3, no question asked we have the best court. The key to Warriors what most of us dont know is Donkey, Draymond Green. He brings intensity and rogue behavior much like Dennis Rodman. Sometimes the best players are players that don't shoot because they let the better shooters
    shoot. Talented back court doesnt translate success in playoffs (Derozan and Lowry). Come on now Capela, EGo, Tucker, Ennis and Otto Porter we need you make CP3 and Harden look good.

HP3 likes this.
  6. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

I'm showing my age but in '72 a pair of Hall of Famers-to-be West and Goodrich were historically good.

Gail Goodrich
    ------------------
    25.9 pts/gm 48.7 FG% 4.5 ast/gm 3.6 reb/gm

Jerry West
    -------------------
    25.8 pts/gm 47.7 FG% 9.7 ast/gm 4.2 reb/gm First Team NBA All-Defense.

'72 Lakers
    ---------------
    69-13
    33 game win streak
    NBA Champions

Those are incredible numbers, especially when you realize that they didn't have the 3 point line back then. Add in the fact that their team set the record for total wins in a season, longest winning streak and won an NBA title and they stack up against anyone.

Patience, BaselineFade, Nook and 2 others like this.
  7. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

justin beiber is ranked higher that many singers that sing better than him

BaselineFade and jcf like this.
  8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

And when you say Harden deserved 3 what do you say about CP3?

I think he never won one because of KBryant and Duncan in his prime.

We all agree he should have won at least 1 because he is the best pure PG outside of Magic. And probably Stockton. Nash and Kidd.

Rocket River likes this.
  9. Nook

Nook Member

Quite possibly. He will have multiple titles, have won several MVP’s and be the face of the style the NBA played at that time.

There is a slight window for Harden but he would need to win another MVP and a couple titles and that isn’t likely.

Too bad because Harden is every bit as good a player as Curry. Steph isn’t even the best player on his own team.

BaselineFade likes this.
  10. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

Seriously, I don't know any of Bieber' s songs. So I rank him very low in my music taste. Does he have a Christmas single out yet? In my book, I will never be a fan of Curry or Klay.

hakeem94 likes this.
  11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

[​IMG]

Patience, hakeem94 and BigShasta like this.
  12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

13. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

dont know i gotta check it
    to be honest there is one of his songs that i like

bloodwings19 likes this.
  14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The MVP does not mean anything when Nash won it twice, with Chris Paul not winning it once.

They gave it to the most valuable one but not the one with the best stats in the past.

MDA had alot to do with it but twice is too much for someone who was in the shadows of Duncan.

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

To be honest, entertainment, acting and singing is much more difficult to rank it in the Top 10 once those guys have honed their skills.

There are just not many stats. Bieber is probably ranked high because of popularity.

16. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

dude. you should go back and read my original post and your response to that LOL

17. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Harden will be remembered as a great scorer and not as he absolute force he is. Basically a team with him as their best player is a virtual lock for the playoffs in the west! Other “superstars” don’t provide that.

Most media people still don’t comfortably place him in the top 5 players in the league. It’s ridiculous

HP3, BaselineFade and hakeem94 like this.
  18. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

is this thinly disguised NBA is not WWE comment?

19. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

I see. Kobe and Fischer vs CP and James. I will take CP and James. MJ and Paxton,BJ, or Kerr. Tough one. But I don’t think that if Cp and James lost they would get destroyed.

20. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

dude you need to get off the crack pipe. kobe and fischer both play D and our two dudes are avg or below average. they would get shot over and posted up all day long. MJ would lock one of them down, while scoring at will against either of them.