1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cowboys extend Tony Romo

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by J.R., Mar 29, 2013.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>The total for Tony Romo's 6-year extension is $108M. So, $108 million in a six-year extension with $55M guaranteed. Wow. <a href="https://twitter.com/search/%23Cowboys">#Cowboys</a></p>&mdash; Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) <a href="https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/317730084670808065">March 29, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>One significant number on Romo's six-year, $108M extension -- $57 million due over its first three years (2013-15).</p>&mdash; Albert Breer (@AlbertBreer) <a href="https://twitter.com/AlbertBreer/status/317739736049520640">March 29, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>The proration on Romo's deal w/a $25M signing bonus is'13: $10,318,835'14: $8.273M'15: $8.273M'16: $6.635M'17: $5M'18: None'19: None</p>&mdash; Joel Corry (@corryjoel) <a href="https://twitter.com/corryjoel/status/317743786149163008">March 29, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Tony Romo deal: 7 years, $119.5m, $55m guaranteed. $25m signing bonus</p>&mdash; Todd Archer (@toddarcher) <a href="https://twitter.com/toddarcher/status/317743768751190017">March 29, 2013</a></blockquote>

#1 J.R., Mar 29, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2013
  2. BleedsRocketRed

Wow.... and people here are saying Shaub is overpaid...

3. tamericus

tamericus Contributing Member

Bahahahahahahahahaa......

......bahahahahahahah!

4. CCorn

CCorn Member

I spit out my drink laughing when I heard this on the radio

5. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

You know, I was just thinking how awesome it's been to watch my Cowboys look mediocre every year. I'm so glad I get 6 more years of that.

6. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I don't know whether to laugh or cry as a Cowboys fan.

Romo is not really THE problem with the Cowboys.

Jerry Jones has shown he is the problem with poor decisions on personnel he is responsible for on the field. And, he is known to hand over the bank to players like Doug Free based on one decent season of performance.

It may pay off...it may not. It really depends on the rest of the team. We never seem to have a good offensive line and, therefore, Romo could never just set and throw from the pocket much. He's always scrambling around like the Road Runner...beep...beep.

But, I wouldn't count out Romo making the mistake at the critical time in the big game, either.

Jerry really wants Romo to take us to the Super Bowl. He just needs to put players around him that can perform. And, even then, things go wrong with this team the likes of which cannot be described except in the Twilight Zone.

And, I guess if you ask Jerry Jones how many seasons you give a QB to prove he can take the team to the next level...the answer is (in my best D'oh Rodney Dangerfield voice)...13!!! Jerry is homo for Romo.

#6 Surfguy, Mar 29, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2013
  7. Raven

Raven Member

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha, what is it about these rich old guys that make them so loyal to their mediocre quarterbacks?

8. likestohypeguy

^IDK how to format it correctly, but meanwhile mcnabb is wondering WTF is going on:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Tony Romo 6 yr 55 million dollar extension. Wow really, with one playoff win. You got to be kidding me</p>&mdash; Donovan McNabb (@donovanjmcnabb) <a href="https://twitter.com/donovanjmcnabb/status/317731951790403585">March 29, 2013</a></blockquote>

9. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

He has a point.

1 person likes this.
  10. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Great post. IMO, with Jerry running the show (and getting older every year), the Cowboys are like a car with two flat tires. It's just too much to overcome each and every season.

11. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

As a Dallas fan (and generally a Romo fan) I don't like this deal but I understand it. There is a good article about it on their main site.

The thing I am personally happy about is that indications are that Romo will be given more play calling responsibility and offensive input. Romo has been prone to some dumb decisions over the years but is also extremely effective in 2 minute driver situations. Most Cowboy fans that watch the games will tell you that our offense looks most slick.

Romo needs Jerry Jones to move up and get Chance Warmack and then a decent RT. I believe that Romo is a top 8 QB in the league but that means nothing since we have **** for a running game or offensive line (other than Tyron Smith)

Dez Bryant, Tyron Smith, Mo Claiborne, Sean Lee, Bruce Carter, Brandon Carr, Anthony Spencer.

These are the reasons that Dallas should rebuild. Great young players that we could have built around if Jerry would have been willing to deal Romo, Witten and even DeMarcus Ware. We may be able to win a SB with Romo. The way that Jerry has put us in cap hell and refused to upgrade the offensive line is not helping.

12. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Though Romo is mobile, he's good (very good) when passing in the pocket. Its when he's outside the pocket when he makes most the costly mistakes.

Its that way for most QBs, so nothing new there. But to have Romo needing to scramble for his life to be that kinda mobile playmaker is just playing right into weaknesses. So yeah thats just football now, have to invest in good offensive lines now maybe even more than the actual receivers.

13. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

The crazy thing is ware promo and witten will end up with all of the cowboys' records except of course emmitt's rushing records. But may only end up winning one playoff game for all 3 of there careers combined. Just makes no sense:(

14. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Romo*********

15. J.R.

J.R. Member

DeMarcus Ware: It's put up or shut up

Link

#15 J.R., Apr 5, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2013