1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cowboy fans (both of you)

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by gr8-1, Sep 24, 2000.

1. gr8-1

gr8-1 Contributing Member

what did you think of Terrell Owen's antics ? I thought that was bush league and wished George Teague would have knocked him out. You just don't do that on someone else's field.

------------------
    "Well, I don't know what I received my honorary degree in, but judging by the fine sisters in the crowd, I hope it is gynecology." Mike Tyson speaks to the crowd after receiving his honorary degree from a college in Ohio.

2. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Why not? Smith, was the one who took it personal, Owens had the last laugh, they should've lived with it.

It's a little more "Bush" league (I like that [​IMG] ) to blind side a player and potentially hurt them.

------------------
    Cheerleaders are just dancers who've gone r****ded.

visit www.swirve.com

3. BobFinn*

BobFinn* Contributing Member

How Bout Those 49ers!!!! [​IMG]

(No, I'm not a 49er fan)

------------------
    In order to be a success in life, you need 2 things:
    1. Don't tell everything you know.

4. Nomar

Nomar Member

How Bout THose NINERS!!!!
    (I am a niner fan)

So What if Owens did that. I thought that was pretty kick ass. I thought what Smith did was gay. I mean, come one man, be original.

------------------
    Starting at shortstop, for the Houston Astros, Nomar Garciaparra.
    or
    Starting at First Base, for the Boston Red Sox, Jeff Bagwell!!!

5. Puedlfor

Puedlfor Contributing Member

I don't know about y'all, but if I'm gonna run to the center of the field and taunt the opposing team in their house, I would make sure that there aren't any players about to take my head off, but thats just me.

That play gets my NFL award for "Coolest Thing I've seen so Far".

------------------
    Who would've thought Don Nelson would pass up Olumide Oyedeji not once, not twice, but thrice?

6. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

The best part was that Teague had a clear shot, and still could barely hit him. Owens merely shrugged it off and continued to the middle of the field.

Maybe if the Cowboys could tackle better, they wouldn't have been in that position anyway.

------------------

visit www.swirve.com

7. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

yeah whatever , I dont understand what Owens did that was so bad??? The 49ers will lose to the Raiders 2 weeks from today and We will be 4-1 and OWN (having already beaten San Diego) California HA-HA

------------------
    This signature space for rent call 555 ...

8. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

What- you mean the Raiders will beat the Chargers and 49ers! Better than those two? Unbelievable! There's a shocker. [​IMG]

You don't basically taunt the other team on their field twice. Completely uncalled for. Although, since the Packers and Rams won by 20+, I'm not concerned one bit!

------------------
    Looking for next year's Dan Langhi? Draftsource.net
    ClutchTown.com

4th Friday of August= Rocket Day
    1999-Steve Francis
    2000-Maurice Taylor

9. Steve

Steve Member

Yo how bout them Dolfins?

------------------
    "It wasn't a fight. He punched me one time, that's all. That's not a fight. I don't fight at 30,000 feet. I had an education." L8 vs Stack

10. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

tampa bay will win the super bowl mark my words. As for miami, theyre not as good as their record. The raiders will fold some how and i thought owens crap was classless. As for the afc i still like indy.

------------------
    How Sweet It Is! How Sweet It Is!
    Gene Peterson on the rockets winning the 1995 championship over the Orlando Magic

11. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

When the Bucs beat the Rams (never) let me know. Until then, the Rams are still the champs, and will still be for another year IMO.

------------------
    Looking for next year's Dan Langhi? Draftsource.net
    ClutchTown.com

4th Friday of August= Rocket Day
    1999-Steve Francis
    2000-Maurice Taylor

12. gr8-1

R95, I'm not sure Teague wanted to knock him down, I think he was trying to embarass him or jsut put him in his place. I wish he would have hit him harder though.

------------------
    "Well, I don't know what I received my honorary degree in, but judging by the fine sisters in the crowd, I hope it is gynecology." Mike Tyson speaks to the crowd after receiving his honorary degree from a college in Ohio.

13. Summer Song Giver

owens got what was coming to him,i'm not a fan of the cowboys but they did show some uh intestenal fortitude,at least emmitt and teague did.

------------------
    I'm not the type to eat it up but the type to hit it raw dog and seed it up.

14. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I still don't really understand this. Owens scores a touchdown, runs to the star, throws the ball down, looks up with his arms open wide, runs to his bench, not once yelling or looking at the Cowgirls' bench.

Smith scores a touchdown, takes his helmet off (a penalty that wasn't called), runs to the star, throws the ball down, yells and glares at the Niner bench.

Owens scores again, runs to the star (which he wouldn't have done a second time if Smith wouldn't have done it), in the meantime, Teague attempts a cheapshot that could have very easily hurt the guy bad.

And Owens is the bad guy? If anything, Teague is the bad guy. I really had no problem with Smith or Owens. I think Owens was having fun, Smith took it personally, which is fine, he did it too. But the Cowgirls were too pissed that they were being beaten like redheaded stepchildren by the second-worst team in football that they had to resort to cheap shots, kicking footballs out of ref's hands and throwing their helmets around like little b****es.

I've always hated Owens, especially after he beat my Packers in 1999, but geez, he's being called the unclassy one when Teague tried to blindside him. I'll like him just for that reason alone.

RMTex, where ya at? I need some backup!

[​IMG]

------------------

visit www.swirve.com

15. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

I am a big time Cowboys fan and I think what owens did was completely stupid. Teague should have tackled the fu#k out of him. I bet no one thinks about doing that kind of BS in the future. And for those r****ds who think that Owens did nothing wrong answer this question. How would u feel if Jazz are beating the hell out of the Rockets in the Compaq. And then Malone has the audacity to go to center court and taunt all of us. I suppose that would be really fun huh [​IMG]

------------------
    Fun Police Says:

1. Stupid threads & Stupid BBS names are not FUN!
    2. Spelling, grammar, punctuation and sentence structure are not FUN!
    3. Conduct yourself in a FUN way!

The Fun Police are Watching.
    Vote for the Rockets & Have FUN!

REDSKINS SUCK!!!!!!!!

16. Mango

Mango Contributing Member

Does Jones and the Cowboys organization think they have the talent base to be an elite team? They are naive if they do.

The H Walker trade enabled them to load up on talent and that talent has faded. Without another one-sided trade, they are destined for mediocrity in the forseeable future.

Mango

------------------
    Test Your NBA Trade Ideas
    1. Put new topics in the proper forum.
    Things happening in the rest of the NBA
    2. Use clear wording for new threads.
    3. No duplicate threads
    4. Conduct yourself as an adult.
    The Serious Police are watching.
    Donate Blood or be assimilated!

17. Gascon

Gascon Member

I haven't seen the play that you're talking about yet, and I don't think I want to. Taunting, in general, is classless and only reveals inexperience in the one doing the taunting. Smith would have done much better by conducting himself in the manner that he always has and ignoring the monkey-like antics of Terrell Owens. It's much more demoralizing, in my opinion, to act like you've actually been to the endzone before...rather than act like it's one of the biggest moments in your life thus far.

Whatever, my opinion. [​IMG]

------------------
    Sometimes I think I'd be better off dead.

No, wait, not me...you.

18. gr8-1

They certainly don't have the talent base now. I am a Cowboy fan, but I also like the Broncs and the TExans will be my favorite team. Anyway, sorry to go off on a tangent, but I think if Jones would have kept Jimmy and if there wasn't a salary cap, Dallas would have won at LEAST 2 more Super Bowls in the 90's.

Owens running to the star was definitely a taunt, no but's about it. I really haven't seen another player taunt a team like that. I've seen trashtalk, but to run 50 yards(twice) and stand on the home teams symbol and to spike the ball on it is taunting. I really wish Teague would have knocked him on his @$$. But I certainly wouldn't want Owens injured or anything.

------------------

[This message has been edited by gr8-1 (edited September 25, 2000).]

[This message has been edited by gr8-1 (edited September 25, 2000).]

19. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

How bout them Texans?

------------------
    I am the b*stard son of LHutz.

Huh?

Right!

[This message has been edited by RocketMan Tex (edited September 25, 2000).]

20. HOOP-T

HOOP-T Member

That was funny. Tee hee!

------------------
    There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."