1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Covington on trade block

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SRR21, Jul 4, 2019.

1. jogo

jogo Member

We may need RoCo more than ever now. We need to be able to D up Kawhi and George at the same time! Need to look hard at RoCo, Iggy, maybe Hollis-J, Stanley J for cheap?

2. D-rock

D-rock Member

^^^^This!!!

clutchdabear and fattz like this.
  3. rockets13champs

We need all the wing depth we can get!! Roco, Iggy, Stanley

4. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah it may be time to pull the trigger on on Covington. I don't know what his asking price is but if it can be done for Shump and picks, then Morey has to get it done.

5. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

I am not against getting Covington. Trading Capela and Ego for him on the other hand...

6. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Been thinking long and hard about this.

But we need to get RoCo and Wiggins.

Everybody look up kawhi first few years in the league stats then look up Wiggins. Now I’m in no way shape or form comparing the 2 I’m only trying to point out that Wiggins is very underrated just because of his contract.

Now I do realize there is a thing called the salary cap and I do realize that Wiggins contract his huge. But he can and does produce.

Classic case of change of scenery and system change for this kid. Get him in our high uptempo offense and sheesh.

Cp3
    Harden
    Wiggins
    RoCo
    Tuck

Get er done morey

7. basketballholic

Wolves are looking for a trade for both RoCo and Teague so they can complete trade for DLo involving them and the Warriors and Nets.

Warriors really want to pass DLo on now and get back assets and a larger trade exception. Warriors are controlling the situation by virtue of having the Nets locked up in a deal with DLo.

So RoCo could become a Warrior in this scenario as essentially the third team in a SnT of DLo to Minny.

Watch for something else to emerge in this situation with the Warriors looking to synergize KD Iggy trades.

8. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

there is no one available in free agency next year. it's really bad. maybe the worst i've ever seen.

9. JW86

JW86 Member

Covington and Hollis-Jefferson are both solid options to be honest. Highly doubt Morey lands either.

10. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

That's really interesting. I really hate the thought of GSW getting Covington as a save from KD leaving. That was my fear. Hope it doesn't happen.

D-rock likes this.
  11. Mkieke

Mkieke Member

This makes too much sense, I think Simmons called it a couple days ago, at least that DLo for Covington would make sense on paper. If it’s on the table, even if it’s delayed until December, I don’t see Minny helping us out - they want talent not future assets.

12. JW86

JW86 Member

hollic is full of it.

chievous minniefield likes this.
  13. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Sounds like the Iggy trade already went though.

14. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Well another handful of your ideas into the graveyard.

[​IMG]

15. JW86

JW86 Member

Haha, I actually feel sorry for his delusional self. I really wonder if he's a lonely guy, behind his computer all day, trying to find relevance online. If so then please seek help hollic. Nobody's buying your nonsense, you're not an insider so just stop for your own sake.

16. basketballholic

Wasn't my idea. It's simple facts.

Warriors have to get out of the tax. Otherwise they lose Draymond. They cannot afford to pay the repeater tax this year for a team thay may not even make the playoffs, then re-up Draymond next summer at max or near max and continue in the repeater tax. No team, not even the Warriors can afford that. They have to get out of the tax this season. And the only way they can get out is to trade either DLo or Draymond.

The delay here was about trying to work a deal with Minnesota. They couldn't get it done. Now we're on Draymond/DLo watch. Warriors have to be crossing their fingers that DLo doesn't suffer a serious injury between now and whenever they trade him.

Or else they don't mind moving on from Draymond???????????? I find that difficult to believe.

The delay in the trade was about trying to complete a deal with Minny for Roco and a pick.

17. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Meanwhile in Houston.............crickets

18. jch1911

jch1911 Member

Any trade that gets RoCo & Olynyk to Htown I am down for

19. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

The new arena is a huge revenue stream for the Warriors. They can afford most anything that they want.

https://fortune.com/2019/03/28/warriors-make-2-billion-new-arena/

20. basketballholic

don grahamleone likes this.