1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

countdown to brewer and jones?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rocketsballin, Jan 13, 2016.

1. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

i cant believe there's not a thread for this specifically. cmon guys, think harder! :CLAP CLAP:

2. Nemospl

Nemospl Member

I honestly don't think they are going to be traded. Morey started the year believing this was a world beating team and with the success they have had the last few games, people are thinking team turn around. Morey will probably want to let them continue to build on the success prior to making any trade. At the most, at this point only Lawson seems to be getting traded. But even then, he had been getting better. So it could be February before anything, if we even trade.

This is just what I think. I love them playing good as of late and turning things around. Just sucks for us rockets fans who want Brew, Jones and Lawson traded. They are turning around a week too early.

Now if we lose to the TWolves tonight...throw everything I just said out the window and make a freakin' trade FRIDAY at the moment they are eligible!!!!

3. Zen Tabak

Zen Tabak Member

i could see brewer getting traded for a pair of shoelaces, but Lawson has more upside than whatever he'd bring in trade at this point. dude's going to figure it out before April, or so Mawrey hopes. Jones isn't going anywhere

4. okierock

okierock Contributing Member

Trade Jones without a healthy DMo?

Hmm I don't like it.

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

My hope is that some GM out there is fooled into thinking that Jones has upside and that we get something decent for him. Brewer also has to get moved, if only due to his contract but also because we have a younger, more athletic version of him wasting away in the D league just waiting for a chance.

6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Harrell can do just about everything Jones can do and DMo isn't injured, he's just rehabbing back muscles to make them stronger so they don't fatigue as easily, I imagine he'll be back in the games once a few trades happen.

7. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Montrezl can stretch the defense and hit an open 3?

8. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

We can't sign Raphiael until we clear a roster spot.

#8 heypartner, Jan 13, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2016
  9. OpenLayup-Why3?

It really doesn't look like anything is turning around.

10. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Should probably manage your expectations on this one so if it doesn't happen you don't overreact.

11. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

We may be able to get a 1st rd pick for Tjones afterall.

12. heypartner

I think the BBS is more wanting to pounce on the Brewer deadline than Morey will. He has 2 months to find the best deal for TJ.

Morey's plans to clear a roster spot for Raphiael were likely jacked by the Jarret injury, and that might not have had anything to do with TJ...rather just Brewer and Terry (and/or Lawson).

13. YOLO

YOLO Member

unless its for an already established player neither of these guys will likely be going anywhere. With Dmos health in question again TJ isn't likely anymore

14. heypartner

Yet, there are people on this bbs saying we are faking DMo's recurring health issue because it makes trading TJ easier...smdh

15. Know Your Role

I think DM will ride it out until trade deadline.

16. YOLO

YOLO Member

yeah I've seen those. definitely not buying into that, especially for a team still trying to find their identity to be a championship team or not.

17. ibm

ibm Member

brewer for scrubs and nets' 1st pick, unprotected?

18. marky :)

marky :) Member

This phrase almost reminds me of when we traded Rafer Alston. I kept thinking, there's no way we're going to trade him when we have Brooks, who was pretty much the only backup at PG.

19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Consistently? No, but neither can Jones.

Harrell hit some 3's in his games in the D league so he CAN hit them just like Jones sort of CAN hit them, but games like last night where Jones was making the 3 point shot a weapon almost never happen.....just like that would almost never happen for Harrell. The drop off between the two is negligible especially when you factor in Harrell's better defense and the fact that he boxes his man out consistently keeping them off the boards.

20. heypartner

Why would the Celtics do that?