1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

could ths injury help the rockets?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by EGRULES, Dec 7, 2001.

1. EGRULES

EGRULES Member

now with Glen Rice out eddie griffin has a chance to prove himself for more then 16 minutes. I think eg should start over walt anyway. this could help the rockets out in the long run.

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Didn't we say this about Francis and Mo T too?

DD

3. EGRULES

EGRULES Member

i would have never said mot and francis were good injury's cause they contributed a lot. Rice isnt. thats y i said it mite be good.

4. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Eddie has not played SF this year that I can remember. I would assume that Rice being out will mean more PT for Walt with Oscar splitting time backing up Cat and Walt. Maybe this injury will see some extra time for TMo or maybe even Damn Lanky but I doubt we will see any more time for Eddie.

One possibility might be that Rudy will look at his team and see how it has been ripped apart with injuries and go ahead and let the rookies play and get experiance until Steve is healthy. That would see Eddie, TMo, Oscar and Brown getting a lot of minutes that they might not get. But the more likely scenerio is a line up that looks like this:

Cato / Willis
    KT / Eddie
    Walt / Oscar
    Cat / Oscar
    Mooche / Brown

5. EGRULES

EGRULES Member

isnt eddie playin sf a lot? he's been on the floor wit wills or cato and kenny. he's played sf just as much as pf rite?

6. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

No. He usually comes in to releive KT. I can't think of when he has been on the floor with KT. I don't know of any time that he teamed with Willis and Cato or Willis and KT or Cato and KT. I watch all of the games and I can not remember him doing that.

He usually comes into the games in place of KT and his offense seems to be nothing more than setting high picks and shooting 3's. He does get the occasional pass inside but those are far and few between. Last night he was rebounding well and looked to be very active under the glass but the only pass he recieved close to the basket and he missed a point blank lay up. Against Chi he got went high for an offensive rebound but missed the jam. Eddie needs more time on the floor in the normal flow of the game but I don't think Rudy is ready to put games into jeoperdy just to get Eddie playing time.

7. DearRock

DearRock Contributing Member

It is amazing how critical point guard play is. I think Brown's performance last night has been under appreciated. He repeated got into the heart of the defence and he is so quick. If this guy just got the green light he would make everybody more effective. I think Griffin would do better playing with him than Moochie. I am very impressed with Brown and in the next couple of games, he could make the transition from Rice easier to pull off.

8. CLFranchise

CLFranchise Contributing Member

Like it matters, damn Rudy has Griffin come in and play like a SF anyway, making him shoot freaking three's when he should be posting up. I say let him play SF and go with a big lineup. Screw Walt, he got his ass f*cked up by MJ last night. I bet Griffin woulda stuck with him, and blocked a couple of Jordan's "jump" shots. :mad:

9. kidrock8

kidrock8 Member

If we had Dominique Wilkins as a SF, Rudy would force him to sit on the perimeter.

I really don't think it matters who the hell we have at SF, because he will be asked to do the same things.

Also, none of our SF's play any semblence of man-to-man defense.

Rudy, it's called a ZONE DEFENSE, use it.