1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cougar Basketball

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by Progs, Mar 14, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Madmanmetz

Madmanmetz Member
    Supporting Member

If Coogs face FSU I'm gonna wear my Peach Bowl shirt all day for good luck. Let's go boys finish off UCON.

2. AFS

AFS Member

There have also been predictions of facing OU or UT in Dallas. Either of those would be a ton of fun as well.

3. Madmanmetz

Madmanmetz Member
    Supporting Member

If they play and beat UT in Dallas that is the Dream for me.

Tomstro and MadMax like this.
  4. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

Yep. Me too. Even when we squeaked by them in the cbi the last time we played them i though it was super sweet.

5. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

EGod and Harden at the UCONN @ UH game this afternoon.

6. AFS

AFS Member

Man, this UH squad is a lot of fun to watch. I think the squad takes a huge leap next year with the offseason additions and growth of players like Armoni Brooks and Fabian White.

7. AFS

AFS Member

Rob really struggling from the FT line today.

8. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

I literally love James Harden. Standing up, engaged in this game to the very end.

dc rock and AFS like this.
  9. AFS

AFS Member

Great, gritty win for the team today.

the shark likes this.
  10. AFS

AFS Member

Also, Sampson has done such a great job rebuilding this program. It looks geared for long-term success.

boomboom and dc rock like this.
  11. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

12. AFS

AFS Member

Ranked #21 in both AP and Coaches. Great accomplishment for the team.

YOLO and the shark like this.
  13. ballgame

ballgame Member

Anyone know how the recruiting class for this yr is looking? I heard UH picked up a 4 Star point guard. Any bigs in this class?

14. YOLO

YOLO Member

next years team is suppose to be really good

the shark and Plowman like this.
  15. AFS

AFS Member

We got a great freshman guard in Nate Hinton (ranked #94 nationally for class of 2018: https://247sports.com/Player/Nate-Hinton-79380), and then two impact transfers in guard Dejon Jerreau (ranked #53 nationally in class of 2016: https://247sports.com/Player/DeJon-Jarreau-76466) and forward Brison Gresham (ranked #182 overall in class of 2016: https://247sports.com/Player/Brison-Gresham-78339).

Jerreau is 6'5'' with a 6'10" wingspan, and Nate Hinton is 6'6" with a 6'10" wingspan, so our backcourt is going to get much bigger and longer. We'll still have Corey Davis, Armoni Brooks, and Galen Robinson, so lots of depth at guard. As for our bigs, Fabian White is pretty good on offense, but I expect him to make a big leap this offseason with his awareness of where he needs to be on defense. Combined with Gresham, we should have a couple of very nice bigs. We lose Devin Davis and Nura Zanna, but I think we'll have Breaon Brady still here next year (not sure about this one).

16. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

They also have Cedrick Alley Jr who redshirted this year but was Mr Basketball in Texas in 2017.

Plowman and the shark like this.
  17. PhiSlammaJamma

Team should be proud. They had a barrier they couldn't overcome, and this year, figured out how to overcome it. That's a real achievement and something they can all walk away with at the end of the season. I personally am very happy for them. In the last week, they were top 15 in offense and defense. There's a lot to be excited about. These guys have a lot of potential. They just don't have experience yet taking on blue chip athletes. So this tournament is a real test. It's gonna be learning on the fly, adapting in game, and putting their talent to the test. They've come together, have each other's back, and so when the chips are down, I think they'll be resilient, but most important, we have guys who can put the ball in the basket and that's what it all boils down to.

Plowman and YOLO like this.
  18. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

19. YOLO

YOLO Member

quarterfinals vs ucf tonight

20. AFS

AFS Member