1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cory Booker 2020

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Jayzers_100, Nov 10, 2016.

1. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

The only positive I can come up with about Hillary losing is that it opens the door for a Cory Booker nomination in 2020.

I've only lived 24 years on this planet and I'm just now finishing up law school, but never in my fervent obsession with politics have I been more impressed with a politician in my entire life. This man is brilliant, passionate, caring, intuitive, embraceful, attentive, eloquent, tireless, and simply remarkable. After another 4 years of experience in this Senate, I cannot possibly imagine a more qualified man to lead this country.

2. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

Yes please nominate more corrupt establishment politician.

3. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Corey is another Clintonian compromiser who is very comfortable with the Wall Street elite. He happens to be black. The day has passed for his type of "Democrat".. His ability to say nothing really substantive while seemingly being passionate is impressive in a certain way. He sort of reminds me of Joel Osteen,

#3 glynch, Nov 10, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2016
  4. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

OP , if it happens, you can brag you said it first. If not, this thread will be forgotten.

No lose situation.

da_juice likes this.
  5. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

He would obliterate any opponent, no questions asked. If you guys have overlooked him then you're sorely mistaken. I honestly don't think there's any chance that he won't be the 2020 nominee

6. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

First thing on my mind when reading the title is East Coast Wall Street *******.

At least a black guy from the South would get some empathy and relation from the working class.

7. ScolaIsBallin

ScolaIsBallin Member

He's another member of the corrupt establishment. They will get destroyed again if they put him out.

They need a progressive like Bernie to have a chance.

8. MystikArkitect

Democrats played not to lose. That's how you lose.

Will follow him, just saw him on NBC and will need to monitor his allegiances over the next 4 to determine his relevancy. Trump and Hillary definitely cut out the work of the next President. Their run starts yesterday.

9. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

If you believe the fallacy of an outsider, keep believing. Not that I'm supporting Booker, but Trump has appointed nothing but career politicians, and it will most likely stay that way. He's basically going to be a figure head for these career politicians.

edwardc likes this.
  10. Granville

Granville Member

I saw him speak at a medical industry convention a few years ago. A very likeable guy. It wasn't a political speech though.

11. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

[Educational Post]
    Is the country ready for a homosexual nominee?

12. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

Watch this speech he gave at a graduation back when he was mayor of Newark. He's a phenom

13. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

Pretty sure he's not gay. He's addressed this question multiple times since he's not married. He's talked about his dating life in interviews. When asked in more high-profile interviews he sometimes laughs and doesn't reveal whether he's straight or not. He says it doesn't matter either way.

He's right and I'm not sure why you're even bringing it up. To answer your question: "is the country ready for a homosexual nominee?" Yes? Why the hell not? James Buchanan is the only president who never married, perhaps he was gay. Did the world end? I just don't understand the point of your post. Maybe when I was a child I thought a gay nominee would be odd. But as an adult, I can't fathom a reason why it would matter.

Honestly, it's the same when people speculated that obama was Muslim. Of course he's not, but...why would that matter? The public is strange.

14. Granville

Granville Member

Yeah, he is an inspirational speaker. I will give him his due there.

15. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

How about Houston's own Booker T in 2020?

Granville and Invisible Fan like this.
  16. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

He is very likeable, well spoken and smooth.

Hey I wouldn't put it past Booker to come out as a big supporter of the working class. He apparently would like to be president. He has the Clinton problem in that how to do this while getting millions and millions from Wall Street and pretending he will not offend any of the very wealthy Ivy Leaguers that he identifies with.

If remaining a senator is not suffficient he should just go and work directly for Goldman Sachs.

#16 glynch, Nov 14, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2016
    Deji McGever likes this.
  17. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Inspirational might be enough to get those 6-10 million missing Obama votes.

18. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

He should have run this year. Doesn't have a ton baggage. He is very smart and and he seems to really try to help people.

Jayzers_100 likes this.
  19. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

lol @ academia

OP, it's not about honesty and hard work and charisma. It's about same ol' establishment politicians vs people who distinguish themselves from that.

20. babyicedog

babyicedog Member

Maybe 2020= No woman & no black person. No repeat. 2024? Yes. 2020? No. White guy, probably. Get the Trump unhappies and also the Dem base- anyone that can defeat President Pence is good.

How old is Bernie?