1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Correa out 6-8 weeks with torn thumb ligament

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by rocketpower2, Jul 18, 2017.

1. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

That'd be shittier timing. He may not be fully recovered in 2017. That sucks.

2. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

Six weeks = August 29; that'd give him 31 games. Even if he took two weeks after that (ala Springer), he should be full-tilt come playoffs (which likely won't start for them until.... October 5/6).

Trout is now a very interesting benchmark. He's 4/12 with 0 XBH since his return.

Yaosthirdleg and BigMaloe like this.
  3. conquistador#11

My only worry is that he won't make it to 40 home runs this season but that's just vanity for stat reasons and it doesn't matter. This team has enough fire power to withstand. By october correa should be his normal self.
    Trout is .333 after coming back.

Yaosthirdleg and BigMaloe like this.
  4. jsingles

jsingles Member

Well, we can try and look on the plus side. People were saying any of Altuve, Correa or Springer were MVP players along with Judge. Now that Correa is out and thanks to Judge regressing, the MVP should come back to Houston for the first time since 1994 as the votes won't be divvied up amongst 3 teammates.

5. the shark

the shark Member

For some depth I'd call Beane about Lowrie.

conquistador#11 likes this.
  6. conquistador#11

hated seeing him go and I would like it to happen just so we can keep trading him back and forth, give him back after the season.
    =)

7. Bear_Bryant

Bear_Bryant Member

So if the Astros are like the Warriors this is like the Kevin Durant injury where he came back right before the playoffs, right?

Championship imminent

8. J.R.

J.R. Member

9. moonsh0t

moonsh0t Member

Sucks but part of the grind of a baseball season. Get well Captain Correa.

Hoping Bregman steps up in Correa's absence to silence those trade rumors.

Yaosthirdleg likes this.
  10. Newlin

Newlin Member

I would be shocked if they traded for a big bat. Even without Correa the Astros have a potent offense. We have depth and Correa should be back for the playoffs. Any big trades should be for pitching.

11. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Basically he partially tore this thing prior towards the full read last night.

Medical staff messed up big time.

12. PhiSlammaJamma

I'm looking forward to our Kirk Gibson moment in the series where Hinch asks Correa to drag his one good thumb to the plate and he rips an inside the ball park home run to win the series, sliding head first into home in a cloud of dust, securing his legacy. Gotta look at the silver linings. And at least right now is doesn't look like Steve Deberg's playoff thumb, so there is that.

13. conquistador#11

all championship teams need adversity

14. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

He jammed it on July 4th.

Were you complaining when he hit 2 HR's against the Blue Jays one week after the injury?

kaleidosky and Hemo_jr like this.
  15. T for 3

T for 3 Member

All because of that bullshit play, in a ****ing blowout.

16. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

[​IMG]

That's some BS. Especially with what @tmacfor35 added in terms of diagnosing and treating this issue earlier.

LonghornFan and BigMaloe like this.
  17. SuraGotMadHops

When DK and McCullers hit the DL, I posted this gif and said we will persevere, and guess what? our division lead actually increased since then. So here we go again, we will persevere!!

[​IMG]

Yaosthirdleg, BigMaloe and BigM like this.
  18. tmacfor35

Gif is funny.

If you look at last nights game thread, I mentioned he tore it right after it happened. Could tell right off the bat. Personal experience.

Based off his comments, he had an initial tear prior to the all star break. Had he rested three weeks, he would have recovered mobility and we wouldn't be having this conversation. No fun.

19. tmacfor35

Nick I was waiting for you devil advocated position but I will calmly assert you my opinion of the matter.

He had a minimal tear at the play at home plate.

per his interview today. He felt a pop last night(that is when your ligament decided to rubber band itself in two separate directions).

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Per his conversation today he was experiencing pain per swing and his ligament looked something like this.

[​IMG]
    Partial tear.....

20. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Nice pictures.

Where was the outrage when he was hitting 2 HR's 1 week after the initial injury? Retrospectoscope much? I highly doubt the Astros were forcing him to play after the initial injury. He felt well... performed really well... and did get more time off with the ASB vs. what he would have normally.

Also, that last picture is of a knee...