1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

cool story bro! Jazz game!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rocketsfan3422, Mar 16, 2015.

1. Rocketsfan3422

Traveled from Boise, ID by car to see Jazz vs Rockets (5-6 hr drive) after brothers wife hooked us up with some tickets. Ive never been to a game before so this was a new experience for me I was so excited, couldn't sleep. I arrived 1.5 hrs before the game right when the doors opened. I would like to share some of the highlights and perspectives. Disclaimer- what Im about to write is from my perspective as a first time viewing of an NBA event.

Walked in and saw that Tjones and Dmo practice together which I thought was cool. Tjones range is really good. Mchale from what I could tell was working with him alot.

Only players to warm up before shoot around was

Tjones, Dmo, Jsmooth, Bev (shot tons of 3's), Terry, Brewer, Prigioni, Harden, Howard (looked great!)

Alot of Rockets fans at the game before tip and the Jazz security allowed a small section available for them to stand to get autographs. Brewer talked to the fans, I told him that he played so hard last night and did a great job. " Thanks man I really appreciate it and high fived some of the crowd" and signed my hat. Howard is just a cool person from what I can tell, he took his time getting to the crowd and walked right up to who he was going to sign an autograph for and slowly raised his fist. He wouldnt sign until you locked knucks with him, which I thought was bad ass. Got his autograph on my hat also.

Dmo and jones signed some autographs. Bev, Harden, Terry, Smooth did not. In fact they ran past us. Now again, I understand that they are professionals and are focused on getting ready for the game but I had a hard time understanding that they gave zero interaction with the HOUSTON fans on an away court. Not eye contact, no high fives, no waves, nothing which I found odd. Very disappointed in that, but I do understand.

Mchale gave the most to the crowd, took lots of pictures, shook hands, signed memorabilia, talked. Awesome dude.

Game time. Im dawning Rockets gear and was nervous about it to be honest, but the Jazz fans were great to be around. Not one bit of trouble at all, no smack talk nothing, kept to themselves. The game moves MUCH slower compared to on TV, now what im about to say may offend people. I know it was a bad game, I know Harden didnt play well or did the rockets, but man was I really upset with the Rockets flow of offense and many other things. Ball got "sticky" and I was stunned at how many possessions that Harden stood around. I noticed it on tv before but to be honest viewing it live has really enlightened me on how much I see this. Harden did not play to make a basket, he played to get fouled, every time. Jazz fans boo'd him hard, and to be honest I dont blame them, it wasnt "good" basketball. In fact, player movement, except for brewer, was very boring to watch. It didnt look like professional basketball to me, really looked like the Jazz were playing a Highschool team. Ill remind you, I understand they had a bad game. I do not understand how Harden breaks a sweat.

The arena was packed, very few seats empty, and WOW it was freaking loud! Jazz fans support their team and well. They have a special chant for Gobert when ever he leaves the game or enters, they adore him along with Hayward who plays hard if not harder then Brewer. If Harden played with half the energy as Hayward he would be voted MVP by everyone. I sincerely hope that H-town shows that kind of support, ive never been to Houston but im planing to catch a game there soon.

Dwight warming up

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/TBTW8tSxNZ0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#1 Rocketsfan3422, Mar 16, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2019