1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Connecting the Trump-Russia Dots

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by adoo, Mar 8, 2017.

1. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Then it would not be special.

2. No Worries

Trump will pardon the both before any trial starts.

3. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Senate judiciary panel: Kushner had contacts about WikiLeaks, Russian overtures he did not disclose

https://www.washingtonpost.com/powe...81fd63f174d_story.html?utm_term=.8b54696c3a6f

In the letter, Grassley and Feinstein instruct Kushner’s team to turn over “several documents that are known to exist” because other witnesses in their probe already gave them to investigators. They include a series of “September 2016 email communications to Mr. Kushner concerning WikiLeaks,” which the committee leaders say Kushner then forwarded to another campaign official. Earlier this week, Trump’s son Donald Trump Jr. revealed that he had had direct communication with WikiLeaks over private Twitter messages during the campaign.

Committee leaders also said Kushner had left out “documents concerning a ‘Russian backdoor overture and dinner invite’ ” that Kushner had also forwarded to other campaign officials. And they said Kushner had also been made privy to “communications with Sergei Millian” — a Belarusian American businessman who claims close ties to the Trumps and was the source of salacious details in a dossier about the president’s 2013 trip to Moscow — but failed to turn those records over to investigators.

“You also have not produced any phone records that we presume exist and would relate to Mr. Kushner’s communications,” Grassley and Feinstein wrote.

No Worries likes this.
  4. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I wonder how many times people associated with the campaign/administration will keep "clarifying" or "remembering" things they "looked over" "didn't recall" etc. before we can just start agreeing they are liars.

5. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

6. NewRoxFan

7. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

This guy?

[​IMG]

8. NewRoxFan

9. crossover

crossover Contributing Member

10. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

Everyone should listen to Preet Bharara’s podcast. All the episodes are great, but his convos with Benjamin Wittes and Bill Browder (discussing Magnitsky) are particularly illuminating.

Amiga, B-Bob, mdrowe00 and 1 other person like this.
  11. mdrowe00

mdrowe00 Member

...yes, very illuminating, indeed...

12. NewRoxFan

13. NewRoxFan

Interesting... some change in the Manafort - Trump relationship?

14. NewRoxFan

Gee, with all the missteps at the get go (eg Devin Nunes stepping down), who would have thunk that the committee's investigation would still be a massive cluster-!@#%... thankfully the independent counsel run by Mueller is on the job.

House Lawmakers Plan Competing Reports on Trump Investigation
    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...probe-reports-are-said-to-be-planned-in-house

15. dobro1229

16. dobro1229

What’s interesting about this is Republicans going on record here which will put them in the crosshairs to testify in the Mueller case. Burr especially going on record has to know that he’s almost inviting it.

17. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

NewRoxFan with a triple post to keep this thread alive.

Give someone a chance to respond.

U there?

HELLO?

What are you doing

Hi

18. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Just want to thank you for these posts, even if I don't reply in between. Your content is consistently interesting, well-reported links, always relevant to the thread. Thanks and cheers.

I didn't respond initially to the one above b/c I was so depressed about it. Anyone thinking Congress could serve as a check on this awful situation just got a cold cup of water to the face. It's still team before country.

And for 30% of America, all they will need is "hey, the house majority opinion is that it was all a nothing burger. Forget Mueller and the Senate and the thousands of well-reported articles and the Front Line series on evidence of Russian involvement."

It is truly very sad. I didn't really think the American experiment could unravel in my lifetime, never mind my middle years.

JeffB, NewRoxFan and peleincubus like this.
  19. No Worries

House Republicans are giving the electorate another reason to vote them out in the 2018.

Good times.

20. NewRoxFan

Seriously? I was watching Thursday Night Football. Then went to bed because my starting QB had a tough game. Perhaps they should have a special follow button alongside the "ignore" button, so you can get more updates on what I am doing? o_O