1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Congratulations to Gov DeSantis

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by SamFisher, Jul 31, 2021.

1. Dream Sequence

Dream Sequence Contributing Member

I wonder if parents in Florida can give their kids guns at age 14?

2. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

Why stop there................lets ban EVERYTHING that could be bad for kids up to 14.......cause at the end of the day it's all about the kiddos

Soda, too much sugar
    No fast food, too much fat and poison
    No candy, its not healthy
    Cannot be in a moving car, it could crash
    You can't have long hair, you look like a hippie.
    No food with preservatives, you can only eat organic
    No TV, there's bad stuff on there
    No summer camps, could be pedo`s in the woods waiting to groom you kid
    No riding a bike, you could fall off

PS - I did all these things plus played the sickest video games around and you know what happened........................nothing. Tell ya what, I will raise my kids to be the smart, caring people they are, and the government can stay the hell out of my house...........if you need the government to help you raise your kid, that's on you. To many wall flowers trying to their kid's best friend............man up and be a parent and you don't need the government to "regulate" this type of BS

3. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

[​IMG]

ROCKSS likes this.
  4. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

OK once you have calmed down, will you realize that all Florida did in comparison to most states is to raise the minimum age from 13 to 14?

Still outraged?

5. Xopher

Xopher Member

So now you believe studies? Or just the ones which fit your narrative

DatRocketFan and Andre0087 like this.
  6. Xopher

Xopher Member

Name 1 state. Just 1

7. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

8. Xopher

Xopher Member

WITHOUT PARENTAL PERMISSION! Now name one state that has BANNED children from social media. Just 1

VooDooPope likes this.
  9. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Yeah, your OUTRAGE doesn't impress me.

If you had kids 13 and younger you really want to have social media accounts, you may find ways, I don't care.

I suspect you don't.

10. Xopher

Xopher Member

Typical you. You make an unproven assertion then deflect when you can't prove it. In every single state, except Florida now, a child can have can have a social media account with parental consent. You miss the point. Florida is becoming the nanny state the GOP says it hates.

Andre0087 likes this.
  11. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

If you were the type of bad parent (I suspect you don't have kids) who insists on his kid aged 13 or under having an Instagram account, you can surely find ways. Your OUTRAGE does not impress me at all.

12. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

Not outraged ATW, that wasn't directed at you per say, I used to be a republican and I was ALL for the government staying out of our bedroom and our homes. I think its overreach when the government tells me what I can and can't do with my kids, I don't care if it's just optics, do some real work in the government and lay off trying to legislate how people live. Sorry , if that came off as a personal attack.......this just fires me up

13. Xopher

Xopher Member

Again. Avoiding the point. I want the right to allow my kids to have a social media account, if I as their parent so choose. It is legal for a parent to purchase a firearm for their 10 year old child, yet somehow Florida wants to ban the right for a parent to consent to the child having a social media account. However, this will be all for naught as it will get overturned. Governor Boots will cost the taxpayers millions in legislation for a law he knows will be overturned. He is taking a page out of Abbott's book.

VooDooPope likes this.
  14. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

That's insane.

15. Xopher

Xopher Member

But it is the law. What's next? Banning sodas for children because there is a large risk for childhood obesity?

16. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

I just find it hypocritical from atw to get triggered that the government was infringing upon his parental rights forcing the mask mandate down his throat and now all of a sudden is fine with the government doing the exact same sht with this social media restriction. Either u are for parental rights or not.

Goes to show the my body my choice stance or parents should have the right to choose for their kid not the government is just something Republicans like to toot until the government restrict something they like or agree with. Oh u can't force mask on my kid but sure it's fine restricting social media access.

Hypocrite.

#5016 DatRocketFan, Mar 26, 2024
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2024
    Andre0087 and deb4rockets like this.
  17. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

If you cannot understand the difference between forcing a toddler to wear a mask all day and a kid going through the immense and cruel hardship of not being allowed to sign up for Instagram or TikTok...I cannot help you, you have a totally broken value system.

18. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Seriously? You are comparing apples and oranges there. A child on social media doesn't affect you or anyone else outside that household. Period.

A broken value system is when people want to stop some parent for allowing their child on social media, but those same people didn't give a damn who they contaminated with COVID during the height of a pandemic.

A broken value system is when people made light of doctors, nurses, and scientists pleading for everyone to be safe as people died in tents, because hospitals were full, while some clown as President encouraged large crowds, scoffed at the death count, and pushed rebellion against COVID spreading warnings.

A broken value system is when some Texas as*hole politician says Grandma can die of COVID to give her grandkids freedom. A broken value system is some selfish jerk punching some poor stewardess, waitress, or store clerk in the face because they asked them to wear a mask, in an attempt to protect others who might be exposed, or at a much higher risk and vulnerable to dying of COVID.

#5018 deb4rockets, Mar 27, 2024
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2024
    ROCKSS likes this.
  19. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

a broken value system is where you make fun of an 80 year old man who was assaulted in his own home with a hammer and accuse him of being gay.

20. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Parental rights only seem to matter to u for only certain things it seems.
    Spin it anyway u want u just come off like a hypocrite