1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Congratulations Lebron James.

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by jevjnd, May 13, 2012.

1. Outlier

Outlier Member

**** LeBron.

2. jbasket

jbasket Member

Lebron's a support? Where is your logic in that statement? None whatsoever.

3. jbasket

jbasket Member

Good grammer.

4. SacTown

SacTown Member

Oh ok, so if the Rockets had Dwight Howard and Lebron and Wade chose to join him there when they are free agents then you'd be pissed off about it. Got it. :rolleyes:

5. Jontro

Jontro Member

OK so I just watched his acceptance speech. Well said. No hate there. LerBon seems like he's coming around with maturity, maybe because he has more mature vet teammates now. And a fellow superstar that won't let him dance around and stuff.

Still will be rooting against him and the Heat.

6. supdudes

supdudes Member

Have a cookie

7. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

LeBron asked for support for years from the Cavs. They didn't give him anything but washed up Jamison and Shaq. Because of that, he decided he was going to leave. It should make COMPLETE sense to everybody and the fact that it doesn't is seriously astounding. People who hate on LeBron always look at his downfalls and choose to overlook his greatness.

Is he Michael Jordan or Kobe Bryant yet? Absolutely not. But he's still in his 20's and has plenty of time to win. LeBron will go down as a top 10 player of all time. Everybody knows it. He's just gotta win. And he will.

8. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Lebron just won the MVP.... hence this thread. Surely you don't think he won the MVP as support to Wade and Bosh?

Perhaps what you are saying is the difference between Kobe and Pau is a much wider gulf than the difference between James and Wade. Partially true, I agree. Wade is closer to James level than Pau is to Kobe's... but it's not a huge difference.

I don't think the trade vs. free agent difference matter much, either.

At the heart of it, the reason why a lot of people hate Lebron, or like me are at least indifferent, is because of his attitude. Granted, that appears to be changing a bit. But to date, his "Decision", his comments after they lost the championship last year... these are things that require more than just one year of being relatively tame to change.

In case you forgot, here is what he said:

That's being a douche.

9. VBG

VBG Member

Wade admitted that it was Lebron's team.

The Heat win because of Lebron.

The Lakers win because of their bigs.

10. Major Malcontent

Major Malcontent Contributing Member

LeBron will prove his worth to me the way Novitzki did, by taking over and winning it all. Until then the LeBron lovers can post his epic stats and how Wade "admits it's LeBron's team" (What is he supposed to say, naaaah it's still my team)

He is probably a top 15 player all time....but he just has yet to show me the ability to "will" his team to win that the true legends (MJ, Magic, Bird, Hakeem) had.

And no I don't think Kobe is significantly better, but at least he has the hardware.

11. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Yes he won the MVP. He also won a couple in CLE. We already knew he was a great regular season player. He joined up with Wade so he would have someone to close games for him in the playoffs, especially the Finals.

Not sure how Bryant/Gasol has any relevance here. LBJ and Wade are both top 3 players. We've never seen 2 players of that caliber want to team up. Usually those guys are trying to beat each other.

12. watashi315

watashi315 Member

For better or worse, Magic, Michael and Bird all stuck with their original team when they won those championships. They didn't jump ship and join other greats. There is a difference. You can't win a championship all by yourself. And yes, you need to be surrounded by great players. But there is an inherent difference between Lebron's path and theirs

1 person likes this.
  13. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Bryant is in his 16th season now and is at the end of his career. Not sure how that comparison is relevant.

Wade likes to say good things about Lebron to make him look good. Big deal. Who cares if Lebron carries them in the regular season? That's just more time for Wade to rest.

14. KingLeoric

KingLeoric Member

Bravo king without a crown.

15. WinorLoseMate

WinorLoseMate Member

Has no one realised how fail this post is?

16. Luckkky

Luckkky Member

He didn't even thank his coach.. =( poor coach. Oh well, he'll get a free ring for doing ****.. =D

17. jbasket

jbasket Member

did you actually read what I responded to? Let me quote it again:

"If lebron wade n bosh signed w houston, da garm would b active 24 hrs a day, they can deny oy all they want but u kno its true"

seriously?