1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Congratualations to the AFC South Champions

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Major Malcontent, Dec 16, 2012.

1. Major Malcontent

Major Malcontent Contributing Member

No, our work isn't done....and maybe we are better than celebrating lesser milestones, but it is still sweet to wrap up your own division. Go Texans.

2. Luckyazn

Luckyazn Contributing Member

3. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

I'll always remember the out-of-body level of joy watching Yates run for that first down, and the Walter TD to clinch last year even the jacoby PI. It may not mean as much to celebrate this year, but man that was a good game to remember.

4. pocketrocket81

I think now that the Texans have won their division we will see them playing much better football all the way to the Super Bowl. For whatever reasons I felt like they were putting alot more pressure on themselves to win the division then they neded.

5. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

Congratulations!

6. conquistador#11

whatever, we should have clinched it a long time ago. 12-2 aint cutting it man, get a grip on reality bro!
    all chapters of my books have been torn off and burned like it was 1933.

=)
    (add sarcasm to taste.)

7. Luckyazn

Luckyazn Contributing Member

I hope we get the first seed n just wait on the Balt winner n let Manning vs Brady take care themselves

Denver/NE @ Hou - AFC Champ Game!!

8. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Cushing is not amused. Hopefully we have a healthy year next year, so he can join in on the fun.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  9. fredy

fredy Contributing Member

haha he never saw it coming!

10. liljojo

liljojo Member

Because they did it before the game was over. lol.

11. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

It's kind of embarrassing the way people are over celebrating the clinch of the AFC South. Don't get me wrong, I'm proud, but we expected this. Our goal is to win the AFC period, and of course the SuperBowl. People on twitter are going as far as to say "BACK TO BACK CHAMPS!!", well, calm down. We haven't won anything yet. We won a 4 team division. Let's get the real hardware now and act like we've done this before.

1 person likes this.
  12. wreck

wreck Contributing Member

Probably the same people that jumped ship after the last loss. Way too high...way too low. Good thing we have knowledgeable fans on this board.

But you do have to enjoy the ride as much or more than the destination. Hopefully the destination is a superbowl

13. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Nice to have the team do it again. 2 years in a row is awesome.

14. Mizhemp

Mizhemp Member

Brian Cushing doesn't look very happy in that photo. Just stands there the whole time chewing on his fingernail.

15. David Stern

David Stern Member

Embarrassing? Lol. y u mad? Let us celebrate. This franchise is young and we've had some not good times. It's about the journey too not just the destination.

16. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

I sure hope we get 1st seed because 4-6 look very beatable as opposed to the Pats and Broncos. Let them duke it out and we'll see the victor in the conference finals at our place.

17. ynelilvs99

ynelilvs99 Member

Hee hee Texans #1!!!!!!
    Division Champs a-gain!!

18. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

I have to agree with this somewhat. Its great to win the division, but we've been here before. This team has bigger goals this year. Do you think Patriots fans buy division champs gear?

19. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

We've got a long way to go to match the expectations that the Patriots have to suffer through every year.

That being said, it is comforting to wrap up the division against the only possible other contender for it. Teams in the NFC East and West would be envious to have the division wrapped up.

20. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Finished first, so we get to host the Patriots next year. Play at Baltimore on the road.