1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Comcast finally ****ed me (only took 4 months)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Hippieloser, Jul 2, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

I will never deal with Comcast again. They took my payment then shut off my service and claimed I never paid. My bank statement proves they're wrong? So what? Pay again. **** you, Comcast, blow me. Do not deal with these people.

AT&T Uverse is not an option at my home as the house has no grounded outlets for the company to convert to fiber-optic jacks. I already tried them before succumbing to Comcast. Are there any other options for me besides DirecTV? You see, I like to watch TV when it's raining, too.

God DAMN I hate cable companies. :mad:

2. Roxfan73

Roxfan73 Rookie

The Uverse service can work over coax or cat 5. You shouldn't need fiber-optic jacks.

Also, I had a similar experience with Time Warner regarding payment issues. I faxed my statement to them several times, and they would never fix it. Finally, I got a hold of a competent individual who simply looked up my CC number and found that the payments had been credited to another account. I ended up getting a huge credit on my bill for that one.

3. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

ok, i've read hundreds of comcast horror stories but this takes the cake. were you on auto billing?

4. Vanilla Rice

Vanilla Rice Member

Yes. The fiber optics run to a node outside the neighborhood. From there, it runs coax or cat5 to the house.

Hippie, as long as they service your area, they'll service your house.

5. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

What is this rain of which you speak?

;)

I had Primestar and then DirecTv for 6 years. I only lost signal for two or three times during torrential downpours (so for less than 15 minutes a time).

After than, I got TW and then Comcast. I have had the cable out for the entire weekend, two separate times.

6. Yonkers

Yonkers Contributing Member

I've had DirecTV for about 8 years now. I used to lose signal more often during rains. Now it happens maybe twice a year and not for long. I used to have pixelation issues too but don't have that either. I've been happy with them.

7. Hippieloser

I already had the installer in my apartment, with his equipment, ready to go. I was told, and he spoke to my landlord as well, that because the house I live in was built in the 1920s and has all its original electrical fixtures, there are no grounded electrical outlets on the property. That means there aren't any outlets with the now-familiar three-prong holes, only two prongs. This was apparently significant, because he claimed he could not (and did not) install Uverse and told me it would be impossible, despite my willingness to give Comcast money.

No Worries, that is encouraging. But I like to bundle my Internet in with my TV service. Does DirecTV offer packages like that?

8. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

You'll probably thank Comcast for messing you around once you switch to U-Verse.

9. Hippieloser

I've had Uverse before! I liked it quite a bit. But the installer told me it was impossible to install at my current residence.

10. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

AT&T DSL and DirecTv had a business relationship the last time I checked.

Comcast broadband and DirecTv may not play well on the same cable. Thus, you might need two cables run in the house, if you get your brandband from Comcast.

11. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

i got the same thing from them in December. it sux because i was so excited to see all the new channels in HD. oops, sorry you house isn't grounded. you're SOL. :mad:

12. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

I stayed with Comcast cause they effed me and gave me a Richmond phone number. AT&T said they couldn't transfer it and I would need a new number.