1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Color Wireless LED bulb systems

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Surfguy, Feb 6, 2021.

1. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Alright...how many of you blokes play music to your own color wireless LEDs, have a wireless LED hub, and apps installed to control the lights, disco, etc. .

I have an earlier Phillips Hue 3 bulb system and a general lighting app...along with a disco app. Yes, I like to hear my music to color LED light changes and have it do the decibel sensitivity thing to change light patterns. It's like having your own personal disco.

I'm just curious to if anyone else here indulges and what system you have. Are the newer lights and systems much better? Has the LED light technology improved since I got mine years ago? I think the biggest problem I have is the brightness/wattage isn't there unless you dole out some real bucks. Has the cost come down at all? Probably not. Is one brand any more special than another in this tech?

I know...it gets old...fast. It's fun on occasion, though. I am doing some pre-Rockets disco in my home office.

#1 Surfguy, Feb 6, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2021
  2. Jontro

Jontro Member

i got one. it was amusing the first few minutes, then i realized that i'm playing with a light bulb

Surfguy likes this.
  3. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Browse sound reactive color changing led lights on Amazon.

Surfguy likes this.
  4. Surfguy

Add some frickin’ lasers!

Xerobull likes this.
  5. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

They have those too with sound-reactive mode. Surprisingly inexpensive.

6. Surfguy

Yea but then you need a smoke machine or a bunch of pot smokers. It just never ends. ;)