1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

College Football Week 7

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by ItsMyFault, Oct 12, 2009.

1. rikesh316

rikesh316 Member

What the hell is wrong with TAMU? I know Mike Sherman is not a good coach and should have never been hired. All I hear is not there so young but you can't lose games in this fashion. I still don't can't believe they lost to Arkansas State last year at home. Sherman has hired a terrible coaching staff and his friends from the NFL. When you got two good coaches in Kevin Sumlin at UH and Gary Patterson at TCU, I wonder how much more longer this crap will last.

2. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Bad news for Texas... that just means it'll hurt our SOS now when we play them.

3. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

I still see us losing a game, most likely at OSU since we always have problems with them, but what other team on our schedule has the Defensive team that can disrupt our offense and block Ship for 4 full quarters like OU does?

I was at the game. I had like 4 heart attacks, and maybe 3 strokes, but a win against OU is always awesome.

4. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

After last years NCAA bull****, I really do not care. Win out, go to the big game. If not...I'll just OD on slurpees.

5. Major

Major Member

No it doesn't - we played Colorado too, so it helps out SOS there. If we play both teams, it really doesn't matter much at all who wins from a computer SOS perspective. It would affect national perception if Kansas isn't ranked, but that doesn't really matter for Texas. Win out, we're in; lose a game, we're out (barring a bunch of upsets).

6. rikesh316

rikesh316 Member

SOS will not matter. You win out you go to the national championship. You lose you will end up at another BCS bowl because there will other teams with better resumes like USC and Miami who will have a better BCS ranking after 1 loss.

7. rikesh316

rikesh316 Member

OK State is a good team even without Dez and Kendall Hunter. Imagine if they get Dez back. They have like 10 players in their starting lineup from Houston. Should be a good game versus UT.

8. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Lots of top 20 teams bit the dust. Coogs should make a good size jump!

9. thelasik

thelasik Contributing Member

Yup, that UTEP loss really stings. Coogs should be top 15 soon if they don't lose again.

10. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

UTEP is a distant memory at this point.

We're 5-1, ranked, and happy as all hell.

11. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

This doesn't mean a thing to any of yall... but...

We BEAT Auburn!! YAY UK!! One streak defeated!!!!

in case you were wondering we haven't beat Auburn since 1966... yeah, that's a long frakking streak!

12. thelasik

thelasik Contributing Member

As I've said in past threads, UT is pretty much guaranteed a spot in the NCG if they win out. Nothing else matters.

13. Major

Major Member

Wyoming and Tech did it for a half. Colorado did it for most of a game. The problem today wasn't the OU defense (though that was great as well) - it is that the offense continues to not be in sync at all. The defense is keeping Texas in games, but if a good offensive team is able to get up 14-0 or 17-0 or something like that (really, OSU is the only good offensive team we face, so maybe it's not an issue until the bowl game), it may be too much for the 2nd half offense to overcome.

On a side note, I'd really love to know what goes on with the offense in the lockerroom at half time every game to flip on the switch.

14. bamtonio

bamtonio Member

anyone see the bogus fumble call in the missouri game? guy was obviously down

15. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

That's the spirit! UH's season didn't end in El Paso like some thought. There just isn't enough talent to be a BCS buster, but if UofH finishes 12-1, 11-2 or 10-2, that's an awesome year. Hopefully Sumlin can use this season to recruit some defensive talent and make the program a BCS contender in a couple of years.

Hayesfan, that's a ridiculous losing streak, especially when you consider that Auburn has had a boatload of bad years since 1966.

16. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

We don't play them every year. They had beaten us 15 times in a row. So it sounds worse than it is.

17. Baseballa

Baseballa Member

This is not meant to be a knock at you or anything, but I'm genuinely curious as to why you always seem to knock your alma mater? I mean I can understand calling it like it is, but I have never seen you say anything pro-UT... in fact you are one of the most noticeable anti-UT posters in my opinion on the board. I guess I just find it strange that you say you graduated from there, yet you never have anything positive to say. Again, I understand recognizing our faults, but to never ever say anything positive just seems wierd to me. Maybe I'm just a homer.

18. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Damn, that return by the Horned Frog was bad ass!!! :eek:

#1 play of the day on Sports Center.

19. mrdave543

mrdave543 Contributing Member

A win is still a win. Nothing has changed for texas chances for a national championship game, keep winning and they are in. I have no idea where you went to school, or who you root for, but I hope they bring you as much joy as ragging on texas does.

I also would venture to say you are one of those people that don't attend any sporting events, but just post/rag about every one elses teams. For that, I feel bad for you.

20. mrdave543

mrdave543 Contributing Member