1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

College Football Week 7

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by ItsMyFault, Oct 12, 2009.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

How did you feel about those two back to back crap calls of interference and uneccessary roughness which gave Florida the tying TD?

I thought those calls cost Arkansas the game.

DD

2. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

I second that. I was pissed and I dislike Arkansas... and Florida too, but still.

3. junglerules

junglerules Member

bravo, aggies....bravo!

4. rocketfan83

rocketfan83 Member

And i thought atm was making some progress. Getting pounded by k-state?
    As a tech fan i was semi concerned about the aTm game a few weeks ago but not anymore...

5. SirCharlesFan

SirCharlesFan Contributing Member

Eh, I thought the PI was very questionable. I'm still waiting for an explanation on the second one. If there's not some random rule I'm unaware of, it was complete crap. Also, I thought they could have called offensive pass interference on Florida during their drive that ended with the game winning field goal.

One more thing, before BOTH of the 4th quarter kicks by Tejada, I turned to my best friend and said "I don't want to second guess, so I'm going to say this before it happens. I would go for the first down rather than kick the field goal. Tejada will miss this and it won't even be close."

Really, as much as Florida kept Arkansas in the game with turnovers, the Razorbacks left a lot of points on the field. Mallett missed a lot of passes even though he made some big plays.

One thing to keep in mind: Arkansas played without their #1 RB and #1 WR. I only mention this because the announcers kept making a big deal about the defensive player that was out for Florida.

#605 SirCharlesFan, Oct 17, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2009
  6. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

KSU 52
    A&M 0

with 13:50 to go in the 3rd quarter!!! wtf is happening there?

7. PointForward

PointForward Member

Kansas is currently driving, they're at our 30.

we're getting a$$ raped by a $h!t team. I'm embarrassed and humiliated by this ridiculous performance. This puts the great history of this University to shame.

Fire this dumba$$ Sherman before more humiliation. heck, bring back Fran, at least I've never seen anything like this under him.

8. junglerules

junglerules Member

Was Fran not there for 77-0 vs OU? Regardless, I guess that was at least a great OU team....

9. RedRaiderRocket

Jerrod Johnson for Heisman. :p

10. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Need an A&M player dad to go to KSU's sideline and let coach Bill Snyder know "every touchdown you score from now, the closer i get to you..."

11. PointForward

PointForward Member

LMFAO.

No dude Snyder is classy. I'm not really paying attention anymore, but did they just down it on 4th down at our 20 so that we can get the ball?

LOL it feels like a high school game when the special needs kid comes in and the defenders pretend like they're slipping or falling or whatever so that he can get yardage :(

12. PointForward

PointForward Member

OU was a powerhouse, this is freaking Kstate for god's sake! we have more turnovers than 1st downs in the first half I believe! WTF!

13. Vinsanity

Vinsanity Contributing Member

WHOOPS back to you. I pushed on my bet. LMAO at Texas' offense! Like Major said, their offense is PATHETIC and ANEMIC. Geez, what a joke the big 12 is this year.

14. Vinsanity

It does matter that the Texas offense is who we thought they were. Anemic at best. Barely snuck by OU without Bradford? LMAO.

15. SirCharlesFan

SirCharlesFan Contributing Member

Interesting anecdote about Arkansas v. Florida refs...remember the questionable calls at the end of LSU v. Georgia?

From the Georgia vs LSU game a couple weeks ago.

Referee: Marc Curles • Umpire: Ronnie Jones • Linesman: W.Randall Kizer • Line judge: Michael Shirley • Back judge: Michael Watson • Field judge: Greg Thomas • Side judge: Jess Dupuy • Scorer: Joe Sturniolo •

The Crew from this afternoon’s game vs Florida.

Referee: Marc Curles • Umpire: Ronnie Jones • Linesman: Randall Kizer • Line judge: Michael Shirey • Back judge: Michael Watson • Field judge: Greg Thomas • Side judge: Jesse Dupuy • Scorer: Steve Howard

16. Baseballa

Baseballa Member

Completely agreed about the offense. I know we can do better, but these last two games have me worried.

You have to admit though that this defense is for real. Easily the best I've seen at Texas in the last five years (maybe more)... they pretty much played flawlessly today minus the missed tackle on Broyles for the TD.

Our Defense and Special Teams may have to carry this team.

17. Vinsanity

I will agree. Texas Defense and Special Teams are tops in the nation. I was impressed with what OU did with Shipley. Shut down Shipley and see if Texas can beat you in any other way. I'd imagine other teams going forward will take a similar strategy.

18. thelasik

thelasik Contributing Member

Wow KSU had 6 TDs on the ground. Unbelievable.

19. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Colorado just beat #15 Kansas! LOL!

20. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

This was like an NFL defense that we saw today... sort of like how Florida and Alabama play D. I doubt we'll be able to get away with this running game that we developed (which we haven't had successfully until this game) against Florida and Bama. Colt... if he wants to be a big time player has to step up in these big games... I know the defense was well for OU... but some of the things he was doing, including his decision making were down right awful. Nonetheless, we'll be able to tell if he is a big time performer when he gets on that big stage. Though... the possibility of Texas dropping a game still exists.