1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[College Football]Texas A&M @ University of Texas - Austin

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by percicles, Nov 22, 2006.

1. codell

codell Contributing Member

did he tell you to add his name? the bet was control of your signature and if he didn't tell you to put his name in there, you shouldn't.

2. mrdave543

mrdave543 Contributing Member

The bet was chaning each others signature for a month and I gave him my signature, I just credited the words to him, there is nothing wrong with that. im giving him the credit he deserves, aggies won, he won

3. orbb

orbb Contributing Member

Lol. It does look good on the US News ranking, but you really should find out the hiring preferences of the tech companies in Austin. Harder to fool those guys.

4. Jackfruit

Jackfruit Contributing Member

The signature is supposed to be yours and not a reference to me. It's supposed to come from you. You are supposed to say that VY will be washing cars, not me.

Man of my word..my ass. You're a clown. If you can't man up to post the sig in its intended spirit, then don't post it. I gave you an out earlier. You should have taken it.

Don't make a sig bet if you can't man up to it when you lose.

#304 Jackfruit, Nov 26, 2006
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2006
  5. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

1. Who then?

4. You really think so?

Actually you were whining about threads but its the same boat for both schools I guess.

Awesome!! You have the same amount of Big 12 Championships!! Congrats!! I guess you don't want to count National Championships, thats the only thing that really matters to me personally.

Your basketball team is better than ours this year and it doesn't help that we're starting 4 freshman. But I really like Gillespie and the job he's done in college station

6. mrdave543

mrdave543 Contributing Member

umm i posted the sig in its intended spirit u "clown" :rolleyes:

how bout them titans!!

7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I agree, I lost a sig bet and the guy I lost to even offered to let me say that I lost the sig bet......BUT....NOPE...that is not the honorable thing to do.

Suck it up, give him ALL your sig...and if anyone asks, just tell em.

DD

8. IC2000

IC2000 Contributing Member

1. This is something that is a matter of opinion and what department you are talking about? You can't say without a doubt that UT is better. There is nothing to prove it either way.

4. Also a matter of opinion. No way to decide for sure either way. There are plenty at both schools.

So why even watch the games after your team loses a game if all you care about is national titles?

9. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

Fran needed this win...this lets him keep his job another year...

10. Jackfruit

Jackfruit Contributing Member

Well actually, if I am not mistaken, Texas has 1 more Big XII title. I believe Texas won the first Big XII title and they won last year. We only won in 1998.

11. gucci888

1. I don't think it is a matter of opinion, almost all the college ranking guides have us ranked higher than any other school in the Big 12. US News is usually the most popular guide so here's proof if you really want it.

http://www.usnews.com/usnews/edu/college/rankings/brief/t1natudoc_brief.php

4. I'll agree with that.

Because I'm a fan of my school and college football in general. I guess what I meant to say is that National Championships is what matters when measuring the success of our season.

12. IC2000

47. UT
    60. A&M

At around those numbers it seems like a wash to me.

If it were like 12 and 87 then maybe, but they both are right there in the middle.

13. KaiSeR SoZe

KaiSeR SoZe Contributing Member

yeah but we're top 50 :p

14. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

I third that. It kind of takes away the point of someone taking your sig in a beat if you say what it's from etc. but whatever.

Let's keep this thread about the games guys! Sheesh.

Now there's arguments of which school is better in USA TODAY's POV....give me a break.

15. IC2000

what if we just run it down your throat anyway?

16. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

We? Were you on that field IC?

DD

17. IC2000

we the aggies. Yes.

Regardless. WE DID RUN IT DOWN THEIR THROAT! (the vaunted #1 rush defense)

18. gucci888

This thread is 16 pages long, I'm sure we've just about covered everything about the actual game.

19. Desert Scar

Desert Scar Contributing Member

I do too. I don't think the Texas staff is in the league with Carroll staff in terms of game preparion and strategy. To me it has taken improvasional players (VY because of his athleticsm, Applewhite because of his mind) to keep Texas unpredictable.

Texas had far more returning key players than SC did on offense. And Texas had the most returning starters of the elite defenses. This is why everyone had Texas as a top 3 team starting the season, most ahead of SC. Further, I would say McCoy has been as good as Booty, the difference has been the performance of the rest of the players as a group, particularly the regular passing defense breakdowns by Texas. Texas should have had one of the best defenses and rushing attacks in college football, but I don't want to reopen my own sentiments on why this didn't happen right now.

The reality is we are no worse than co-best of the Big 12 programs and with OU the only top 10 national programs from the conference. It is hard to win national championships, but we don't need a VY, just a lot of other things to jell.

I said I am not "sold" on him. Doesn't mean I was displeased. I would not be surprised if he is a 4 year starter. But if I am a stud QB prospect I would not be afraid of not beating him out, and if I am Texas I don't shy a way from signing one. Maybe you (the prospect) beat him out, maybe (Colt) has health concerns, worst case you redshirt and have two years after McCoy is done. I personally prefer a more athletic college QB. Colt didn't exactly impress me with the verticle throw either. Let's not forget what happened to Jason White once he faced opponents that can pressure you and he didn't have time for the slow routes. A guy that beats Colt doesn't have to be a Vince Young, a Troy Smith (not that high of HS prospect) will do. Keep an open mind is what I am saying, a better or healthier player just might come along, and don't just lock in because of misplaced loyalty. Colt chewed up most vastly inferior teams behind a great Oline and great skill players, let's not assume next year or the year after he is ready to lead the team past TOSUs.

#319 Desert Scar, Nov 26, 2006
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2006
  20. bejezuz

bejezuz Contributing Member

Calm down. You guys scored 12 friggin' points. It wasn't exactly a blowout. And before the interception that led to the unfortunate late hit, you know you were scared we were going to come back.