1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[College Football]: Horns vs. Aggs

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by garthomps, Nov 23, 2007.

1. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Why would Mike Sherman be a bad hire at all?

2. BigSherv

BigSherv Contributing Member

OK, I was wrong. TAMU played a great game. Damn them Aggies :mad:

3. Desert Scar

Desert Scar Contributing Member

Just like KSU, Fran and co have coached Mack and co's butts off the last two years, so I am glad he is leaving.

UT has looked mentally and physically soft and weak for 2 years running in this game, the Aggies certainly earned it. I would make a crack about UT-VY lack of toughness, fire and flair, but tonight it is the Aggies night.

4. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

Well, A&M has some talent, but Fran has created a talent graveyard the last couple years. It looks like he just let them play today, especially in the first three quarters.

I have this feeling that the coaching is the main reason holding back A&M and it'll really turn around if they can get a quality coach.

5. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Props Ag's. Your team totally out coached us and dominated the line of scrimmage.

Our O-Line sucks. Our secondary is sad. Akina needs to be bagging groceries along with Greg Davis. This is WAY overdue. Giving the Ags over 300 yards of passing, are you kidding me? :rolleyes:

Seriously, on offense, I call 50% of the plays looking at the formation before they're even run. You don't think and experienced coaching staff recognizes this as well?

Let your friends go, Mack. Now.

6. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

If the Aggies would have opened it up on offense like that all year, they would have won at least 3 of the 5 games they've lost. They definitely would have beaten Kansas, and probably would have beaten TTech and Miami as well.

7. rocket tar

rocket tar Member

i doubt that. texas was just really ****ty. i can only remember two passes completely by a&m when a receiver was even covered(one great catch on the sideline and then the long td when griffin tackled his own corner). that's terrible defense(and good decision making by mcgee throwing the ball to the open man) but that's not something that is going to happen every week. most teams like to cover opposing receivers. texas just kinda likes to let them run around open.

and really, this was just such a pathetic effort and gameplan by texas. i mean a&m came out with a good gameplan attacking the texas secondary that doesn't like to cover people, but that probably wouldn't have matter had texas just let jamal carry them on the ground. every time they took him out(so every 3rd down because the dumbass coaches don't realize charles is better than obynshnasna at every part of the game) or went away from him, something bad happened. he had like 20 touches for 175 yards. the rest of the team didn't do ****. it's not hard to see who needs to be getting the ball.

8. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

<embed src="http://www.aggieathletics.com/nonsports/TRD/warhymn.mp3" height="1" width="1" controls="smallconsole"

Great game.

The Rockets suck. Glad one of my teams could win tonight. Most fun game of every year too, no matter the result.

Almost seemed that Fran allowed the team to just play the first 3 quarters....

Fun game, back and forth for the most part.

9. rocket tar

rocket tar Member

how can the game really be considered back and forth? a&m dominated, texas sucked ass. then texas played alright, then a&m dominated again, then texas made the score seem respectable by doing just enough to not have a chance to win.

10. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

special props to bigtexxx 4 repeatedly using the phrase "bonghorns"

lolololol

way to stick it to the stoners man

11. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

It was a great day. Glad you could share it with me, Sam

[​IMG]

12. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

i wish texas had perriloux

13. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I'm pretty sure it's frowned upon to have stuff here that automatically plays when you open the page.

14. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Good job Fran! It couldn't wait till Monday. It's all about you, coach. :rolleyes:

I dunno, maybe the resignation actually adds to the giddiness of Aggie nation today.

Seriously if Coach Fran had run the same offense he ran yesterday all year he wouldn't be looking for a job today.

#334 Dubious, Nov 24, 2007
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2007
  15. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

Wrong answer. Would you like to try for the bonus round?

Myopia can be fun.

16. Refman

Maybe you should have asked for help on that decision too. :eek: :D

17. Refman

There really isn't a need to be an ass about it. I guess you don't know any better.

18. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

whomever embedded the fight song:

delete post ban user

19. VesceySux

VesceySux Contributing Member

Agreed. NOT COOL AT ALL.

20. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

For whatever reason Colt McCoy and this Texas team annoy me.