1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

College Football: 9-6-03

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by mduke, Sep 5, 2003.

1. mduke

mduke Member

Florida at Miami(-14)
    - Florida with the points (14). I don't think they'll win straight up though. 28-21

Oklahoma(-8) at Alabama
    - No comment. I don't wanna jinx it;)

Wyoming at Oklahoma State(-21.5)
    - OSU in a blowout. 48-7

UCLA at Colorado(-3.5)
    - UCLA. They gots the talent. 48- 42

Utah at Texas A&M(-6)
    - Utah with the points. 13-10, TAMU.

New Mexico at Texas Tech(-7.5)
    - 38-19, Tech

Baylor at North Texas(-14.5)
    - UNT. My lock of the week.

#1 mduke, Sep 5, 2003
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2003
  2. Mr. Mooch

Mr. Mooch Contributing Member

ROLL TIDE!

Well I'll be at the game tomorrow and (even tough Alabama's only chance hinges on last year's performance), you can bet the atmosphere will be un-be-lievable.

I'll probably make it to the Gameday taping tomorrow (which is crap anyway). The past two years that Gameday has been here, Alabama has lost. It's either that or Corso always picks Bama. I hope he picks OU this time.

But if Alabama wins, I plan to have part of the goal post in my room tomorrow night. ;)

btw, you wouldn't believe the parties and drunks here tonight! And tomorrow will be twice as crazy. There are like 50,000+ people centered around a 2 mile radius from the stadium. And the RVs are crazy! It's usually crazy, but this is the first time a number 1 opponent has been here. It's sooooo loud.

Just to say how drunk people are: as I was driving down University Blvd., some piss drunk guy decided to roll over on my hood. Who else; OU fan. :rolleyes:

3. Kilgore Trout

Kilgore Trout Contributing Member

Ignore the UAB loss, Baylor owns North Texas. Its the only team they have consistantly beat in the last few years:rolleyes:

4. mduke

mduke Member

It will surprise me to see Baylor score a TD on that defense...

5. rocketfan83

rocketfan83 Member

Potential upset going on SDSU over the buckeyes

13-7 right now ..buckeyes offense looks pathetic

6. Maynard

Maynard Member

Go Alabama

not that I a fan

but since they have Shaud Williams former Texas Tech RB

#6 Maynard, Sep 6, 2003
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2003
  7. Mr. Mooch

Yeah he's unbelievable. Best player on the team.

Anyway, I thought I wouldn't have trouble getting tickets fromt his guy. Unfortunately, they're going for $75-$175.:eek:

I've never seen tickets go for this much. Perhaps closer to game time they'll be cheaper. I suppose I could always work the game and get for free, but I want a seat.

Damnit.

8. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Man, BC over Penn State. I'm thinking it's going to be yet another sub .500 year for the Nittney Lions and maybe no bowl appearance.

Joe Pa could be in trouble. You don't think they would...I mean, he's been there so long, but how long will those fans put up with this?

9. Maynard

Maynard Member

Well they keep saying on ESPN that his is the first time the #1 team has come into town, plus with Alabama coming pretty close to knocking off OU in Norman last year, no wonder tix are more pricey

10. BobFinn*

BobFinn* Contributing Member

NOTRE DAME FIGHTING IRISH!!!!!

11. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Well, my worst fears have been realized...Brock Berlin is not ready to lead a team to a national championship.

I had a feeling that Miami would lose a game or two this season, but I thought it would be to FSU, Va Tech, or Pitt, not to f*cking Florida.:mad: :(

12. ima_drummer2k

Not to worry. I'm sure the Miami defense will come out of halftime fired up and ready to go. Just watch. OK, here's Florida's first play of the 2nd half.....

WTF?!?

nevermind

13. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

well miami's got this game won. and ****ing oklahoma gets lucky again and is gonna win.

14. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

This has to be one of the greatest sports days that I can ever remember.

First the Red Sox just absolutely hammer Clemens and the Yankees AT Yankee Stadium to the tune of 11-0.

Then there was the unbelievable Miami game. All I can say is wow.

15. Mr. Mooch

Well that was quite a game.

I got in for free by 'selling' food. It was worth standing around and getting paid for six hours. I could have bought a $75-$150 ticket, but decided not to. Turns out my theory about waiting until game time was correct. A bunch of people told me tickets were going for $30 10 minutes before kickoff. Oh well.

It was unbelievably loud. Loudest I've ever heard a stadium. Great game. No one expected that fake punt. How does a team let him run 22 yards for a first down.

Croyle is still way too timid. He threw the passes too close to the sideline so the receivers didn't have much of a chance to sell the catch (even though those three miscalls by the ref were actually catches).

Still, Alabama had chances, but they just couldn't get through. The first half was terrible. The play calls were awful. And yet, they still had a chance. They kept it close. Right before the first play of the game, I was thinking a interception would suck. And suck it did.

Well, they should still get more votes (in the AP) than Auburn. They did score a TD, and it was a number 1 team.

Auburn: 'Fried, died, and barbeque' -Mark May

16. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Pretty good college football saturday.

I was pulling for Miami. I was watching wrestling or something else. Probably TLC or home and Garden channel for a few minutes, and I flip it back, and miami has caught up. I was like ****. So I watch the last three minutes of it.

Miami was going for a two point conversion, and they threw the ball to their tight end and he dropped it. I was like shiiiet.

And all those penaltys kept pushing them back.

And then UF's qb kept throwing it to the same guy, and made it pretty exciting.

He went to the well one too many times.

Chris Leak is going to be pretty damn good.

17. JamesC

JamesC Member

That Miami-Florida game was incredible. I was also surprised that UNT rolled up Baylor like that. I was glad to see OU roll past Alabama. Also Wake Forest looks like they have a pretty good team too.

On a sidenote, Auburn was over-hyped way too much.

18. Mr. Mooch

It's the (State of) Alabama curse of ESPN. First: ESPN Gameday in Tuscaloosa = 0-3 for the Tide. Then this:

[​IMG]

19. ima_drummer2k

That is why Bob Stoops is the best coach in the country, as much as I hate to admit it. What other coach would have called that play besides Spurrier.

And yes, all 3 of those "out of bounds" catches were in bounds. They showed the replays. Who knows what would have happened had the refs not blown those calls.

20. 4chuckie

4chuckie Member

I agree my Bucks looked pathetic. I had absolutely great seats (on the 46-47 yard line in the club section) and I couldn't even enjoy the game.

I really hope it was the fact we were coming off a big win and looking ahead to NC State.

Scarily that is about what our offense looked like last year without Maurice but I hoped our O-line was batter than last year and would make a difference.