1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Colin Kaepernick protests anthem due to treatment of minorities

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by BleedRocketsRed, Aug 27, 2016.

1. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

We just went through 8 years of having to ignore the stupid things the last president would do or say....then 8 years of ignoring the stupid things the president before that would do or say....then 8 years of ignoring or excusing the stupid (and often illegal) things the president before that would do or say.

It's nothing new, the only thing that is new is Trump Derangement Syndrome making people think it's new.

3. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Do you believe a POTUS has a bully pulpit?

Do you think the President of the United States has any clout when making these statements?

Do you think business leaders pay attention to what he says?

If the head of the federal government is telling private employees whom to suspend and whom to fire, that would be a abuse of his bull pulpit in my opinion.

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It's a good thing when people are forced to focus on equality of outcome when they have nothing better to focus on, it means that equality of opportunity already exists.

5. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

People who care about professionalism, maturity, and competence, especially from the President. If your CEO or boss was an idiot and did childish things like Trump, would you respect him?

I guess respect does not matter to you, but it certainly matters in society and leadership.

6. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

7. edwardc

edwardc Member

What false narrative are you talking about how has he embarrassed himself for taking a stand against what has been going on in America the only person that has embarrassed himself his this so called potus with his stupid tweets.

8. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

nobody is forcing the private employer to do anything and I seriously doubt Trump's opinion affects what choice they make. I would prefer he not speak, but if nobody is affected then i don't really care.

9. Anticope

Anticope Member

The fact that you think that Obama, Bush and Trump's behaviors while president are all on the same level is not even worthy of a serious response. I refuse to believe that you're this dumb and my expectations for you are on about the same level as they are for Trump.

10. fchowd0311

Man you really do have a very warped picture of reality.
    I prefer if he doesn't speak also. Nothing I stated suggests that what he is doing on this matter is impeachable.

I think it's stupid for him to do it and a start of a slippery slope where the federal government tells private employers how to manage their employees when they make a 'unpatriotic gesture".

So we basically agree here.

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The entire basis for the kneeling BS was to protest black people being "murdered" in the streets by cops....that is a false narrative....even if you are one of those who doesn't realize it. When stupid people do disrespectful things motivated by false narratives, they embarrass themselves.....even if they don't realize it, even if their echo chamber also is so foolish as to not realize it.

12. tallanvor

how have they been affected? Have they lost money? are their lives any worse? No. so who cares. Still nobody has told me who these actions hurt.

no . I don't respect Trump either.

13. edwardc

edwardc Member

1. it effects black men and women across America
    2. it effects brown men and women across Amercia
    3 It effect all of America by simple bringing notice that the Injustices that have been taking place will no longer be taking laying down.

14. tallanvor

what? its racial now?

15. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Of course that would be your take, you suffer from Trump Derangement Syndrome. Funny though that you didn't include Clinton, which I absolutely did include, wonder why that is?

I would also argue that Obama's response to domestic incidents such as the Trayvon Martin shooting was more foolish and more damaging to the country than anything Trump has done. All he did while in office was further divide the nation....and that's how you get a President Trump to begin with.

17. fchowd0311

Do you believe all actions a president takes makes an immediate tangibld impact?

I think Trump's statements do influence private employers especially when those statements and the controversy is so highly publicized. A private employers who might have some affinity for Trump, might need his 'advice' and fire an employee and that firing would be purely politically motivated. That's not something I want I I hope you don't either.

Presidents have clout. They have the most massive bully pulpit. It's naive to believe their words don't matter.

18. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Your life isn't negatively affected by knowing that the person leading your government is a childish moron that continues to behave childishly?

19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

No they don't, they say that there is not opportunity of outcome, not that there isn't equality of opportunity. The fact that you can't even tell the difference between the two just shows how little actual oppression exists. It's like going from complaining about not having any water to complaining about not having the specific flavor of soft drink you want.

20. fchowd0311

Law enforcement and how they handle citizens is under the purview of the President and his responsibilities.

Telling a private employer whom to fire based on a political protest is NOT under the purview of the President's responsibility.

The president does not have a responsibility of forcing customs and traditions at a sporting event.