1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Colin Kaepernick protests anthem due to treatment of minorities

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by BleedRocketsRed, Aug 27, 2016.

1. amaru

amaru Member

Kap has absolutely nothing to lose at this point.

2. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

Nah..

They're not the same. But their skills declined and their skills are not worth whatever baggage they come with. That's how NFL teams view it as a cost-benefit business decision.

Plenty of black players punched out their girlfriends and got a second chance. You know why? Because they weren't as dispensable. Colin Kaepernick is dispensable.

3. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

first of all i'm not that upset and i put "hate" in quotes because it really isn't hate just the word when i quoted and replied. and no how can i be upset by a bunch of nobodies with no real power or platform to make change? sports figures have that power and some of them yield it masterfully and others fail spectacularly. Kap is no where near a Jessie Owens, Ali, Billie King, or Jackie Robinson figure. can't even touch the likes of Largent, Schwarzenegger, Ventura, who used their "celebrity" and actually joined politics to try and bring about real help. he could have been but he's a brave, good hearted, idiot and screwed it all up.

they don't have to agree with his cause but they could have agreed with his method. instead he gave them an easy out and a re-direction that completely sabotaged his message. his message is lost, now folks arguing about other things. he threw gasoline on a house of cards willfully.

you're completely wrong on this point imo. approaches like MLK, Gandhi, and others is what made them so powerful. pig socks and perceived patriotic disrespect don't even come close to the methods used by MLK, Gandhi, and others in that same vein. to compare Kap and his approach to them is crazy and massive disrespect. they were geniuses and Kap at best is a good hearted idiot.

i have much greater perspective than kap and you do. he destroyed his message and actually damaged it so as to make it worse. complete disaster and for me, someone who is hates LEOs behavior and their current power, i wish he would go away. he's making victims look like offenders and making offenders look like victims.

Falcons Talon likes this.
  4. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Please tell me how you have greater perspective than me?

Do you know a **** ton of Marine grunts like me? Do you know how a large percentage of them wouldn't give a **** when Colors ran on base and half the Marines who were stuck outside ran to the nearest door so they could avoid standing at attention 'for the flag' and those same exact people are magically irked by a knee bend?

Millions of Americans thought MLK was an unAmerican communist plant. He want popular for about half the country. Ghandi wasn't popular for millions of people either during their eras.

They were placed on their pedestal after their deaths, more so MLK.

5. ipaman

yes he did. any chance he had for a qb job, albeit low, is NOW zero. you can't sue your potential employer. and with rodgers going down, and the many others that are inevitably going down (it's the nfl) his chances would have increased as time went on and especially if he and his loudmouth gf "behaved" themselves. he panicked and took his chances to 0%. another moronic decision and he really is his own worst enemy.

6. ipaman

i just did and i'll do it again. you, like kap, thinking today not tomorrow. and i say that because you are defending kap and his method. so i have to ask rhetorically, did kap's approach which you agree with work? of course not, major league laughable fail.

without giving to much detail, yes i know all of that and you shouldn't be surprised. you remember when everyone hated bush and some random journo threw a shoe at him? the reaction, everyone even his biggest haters said no one throws a shoe at my president!! this is the same thing. don't be naive and surprised, it's not "magic" as you put it. it's real and predictable. he facked the real victims with his stupid attempt at protest.

7. amaru

amaru Member

He’s been unemployed for how long?

8. zksb09

zksb09 Member

Not sure I agree with you on this. If Trump had left it alone, instead of indulging in rabble rousing, he might have been unsuccessful. As it is, I think he has already achieved a much higher level of success, meaning that the issue of violence against black people and minorities, has been brought to the forefront of the nation's consciousness, notwithstanding the efforts to discredit him and his cause.
    Time will tell how great a role he will play in the history books, and he has Trump to thank for that.

9. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

I’m not a big fan of the kneeling...but he has (had) a right to do it if that’s how he felt he needed to protest what he believed. What irked me the most was his support for Castro.

From what I understand he supported how Castro invested in his “educational system” as opposed to the US which he said invested in the “prison system”. I mean, cmon Kap...really? You support the man who systematically tortured and murdered anyone of political authority or power on his way to becoming a dictator while stifling any type of protesting, or expression of dissent while being dictator. People were dying (literally) trying to get out of his oppressive country which had been a thorn in the side of the US for decades..oh but it’s cool...because he invested in an educational system. This was one of his biggest mistakes if he was trying to gain any kind majority favor for his cause in the country. He turned a whole ethnic group (Cuban)against whatever he was trying to say with that shirt regardless of how honorable he believed his intentions were. Then the “pigs” socks? Cmon man.

The dude seems really ignorant and probably didn’t think about what his actions would bring about...meanwhile people are doing what they can to fill in what he “is probably trying to say” with this kneeling. Hell that would probably be best given Kap’s track record articulating his reasoning and logic behind it. Doing all this with his QB skills in decline was just really really dumb if he wanted to continue to play in the NFL. I honestly can’t believe we’re still discussing why he isn’t in the league...

10. ipaman

had a job with the ravens till his stupid kunty gf went and compared ravens owner to a slave owner and ray lewis as a slave. her p***y must be like crack.

11. ipaman

trump outsmarted him which just shows you how stupid kap is.

12. fchowd0311

What was Trump's goal?
    Dismiss the issue of the policing state that Kap was trying to highlight?

Ya, how is that a good thing?

13. fchowd0311

He was pretty explicit in why he bent the knee and it had nothing to do with Castro.

Good job confusing the two incidents. I don't know how you did it but you did.

14. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

15. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

The fact that he supports Castro but protests oppression? You don’t find that...I dunno sort of hypocritical, and obviously a stab at the US in general? I’m not confused...I know why he’s kneeling...but you aren’t getting support from people when you’re ok with someone else doing the same thing(much more violently and overtly) you’re protesting...while pissing off a whole ethnic group in the process. Seriously what the hell was he thinking?

16. ipaman

trump saw an opportunity and he won't let it go to waste. his goal was simple, make folks care about something they shouldn't even care about by creating a clear divide with kap's side as the "bad" side and the other side the "good" side. now if you support kap you're anti-american and if you don't support kap you're racists. hook line and sinker to all the morons who are picking a side and willfully getting sucked into the game. me, i won't get sucked into the game. to hell with kap for his moronic attempt at being a social leader and to hell with trump for never letting a good crisis go to waste.

17. ipaman

you see, trump has folks fighting each other. facking stupid pawns.

18. amaru

amaru Member

So they said. Very easy to claim that after the fact

19. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

Yeah Trump is a manipulative b**** who thinks he's playing 5D chess. Trump fans will say 'That makes him smart!' Lol

And to add. Trump will do anything to distract from the Russia investigation. Don't be surprised if we go to war as Meuller closes in.

#1059 krnxsnoopy, Oct 16, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2017
  20. zksb09

zksb09 Member

He didnt outsmart anybody. He just continued to fool his supporters ... again. He raised Kaepernick's issue to a much broader national audience