1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Colin Cowturd says that the rockets bracket has been easier than the warriors bracket

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Daddy Long Legs, May 7, 2018.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The ESPN First Take BackStreet Kid.

houston19519 and hakeem94 like this.
  2. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I swear to you that I didn't read this before my above (post #59) "hot take". Old minds think alike.

#62 don grahamleone, May 8, 2018
    Last edited: May 8, 2018
    tinman likes this.
  3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Would be interested in count of faps.

Jontro likes this.
  4. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I truly enjoyed that panel as a whole. I thought they were fair overall. Some of ya'll focus on Cowherd too much and forget to listen to the other three.

That being said... how did Coach Popavich being out for most of the Warriors series not weigh in on their balance sheet of easy opponents?

5. Jontro

Jontro Member

well altho the kardashians are fapable, imho, not so much with coward.

daywalker02 likes this.
  6. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

he is he just has to flip sometimes not to lose his job

7. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Pretty ridiculous statement. GS got the Spurs sans Kawhi and the overachieving 6th seed Pelicans without Cousins. Minny was full strength and was a top 4 seed when healthy, and the Jazz without Rubio are still better than the Pelicans.

Invisible Fan, houston19519 and vince like this.
  8. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I'd say it's a wash. The Spurs were without Kawhi, but they'd been missing him all season and were still a decent team. And then the Pelicans were on a roll when the Warriors matched up with them.

Meanwhile the Rockets got the T'Wolves who did just get Butler back, although he wasn't 100%. And the Jazz were playing the 2nd best basketball in the league in the 2nd half of the season, but have been missing their starting PG the entire series and just lost Exum for Game 5.

9. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Had about 3-4 alt accounts

10. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Minni was hardly at full strength. Jimmy Butler was definitely not 100% that series, he was even hobbling at the end. We all know that Jimmy is the player that made them a great team this year. Either way, it doesn't matter to me, ultimate goal is to celebrate a championship this city and I don't really care what excuses the haters make if we do get the privilege.

11. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

They were definitely better than the Spurs regardless. The Warriors got the easiest possible matchup without Steph. Plus our bracket is supposed to easier anyway. But GS is playing the 6 seed and we're playing the 5 seed in the second round. To say one bracket is definitively better than the other is nonsense.

But I agree with you in general.

12. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

The Rockets are playing against higher level teams, Jimmy Butler, Karl Anthony Towns, Andrew Wiggins, Derrick Rose surprised me with his quickness Jeff Teague, Donovan Mitchell, Rudy Gobert a lot of All Stars, Wiggins and Donovan future All Stars. Golden State playing against lesser Over the Hill Former Stars Lamarcus Aldridge, Tony Parker, Manu Ginobili. Other players Anthony Davis, Rajon Rondo still can't shoot Jrue Holiday a undersized SG. The Rockets are playing against better younger talent than the Warriors.

13. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

a team getting an "easier" path in the playoffs because they finished with the best record in the league to get the the 1st seed? What an entirely foreign concept!

Rockets007, houston19519 and vince like this.
  14. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Like the Warriors have not had a cake walk the last few years

Rocket River

DavidRocket likes this.
  15. hajkov

hajkov Consummate Member

Not true, but it should be.
    That´s what is expected of a #1 seed. To face the weakest path possible to the finals.
    Too bad for GSW to have the #2... well, win more next year.

But trying to do a comparison in a conference from #3 to #8 being 2 games apart, it just bullshit.
    All teams have theirs pluses and minus.... AND... guess what?

Everything is coming down to what was clear from the beginning: a WC Finals between Rockets and Warrios.

Period.

16. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

I don't know....I wouldn't expect a team winning 73 games to secure a 1st seed would get an easy path to the Finals. Sounds ludicrous to reward the higher seeds with easier competition.

#76 steddinotayto, May 8, 2018
    Last edited: May 8, 2018
  17. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

It's on ludicrous when its the Rockets

Rocket River

steddinotayto likes this.
  18. cmlmel77

cmlmel77 Up all Night Watching Houston Sports

Why does it matter at all? The Rockets will play the Warriors and the winner will advance. Style points or path taken don't matter - it's a heads-up competition.

19. MystikArkitect

I still think we have our fair share of national dudes who like us.

Kellerman, Wright, Carter, Nichols, Broussard, Whitlock. Even Windhorst gives the Rockets credit.

Cowherd leans in whatever direction the wind blows. Uses Harden to bash Westbrook then bashes Harden to promote Lebron. It's weird.

20. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

I don’t agree, but I also don’t care. This hasn’t been a topic for debate the last five years, why make it one now? Our postseason is SUPPOSED to be easier. We had the number one seed in the league.