1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Coincidences that have happened to you?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Apr 2, 2012.

1. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

I had the craziest thing happen to me Saturday. I arranged to buy a game off of craigslist then pick up some shrimp for a fish tank from a guy on a local forum. They were both in Irving (by Dallas) so I figured I would make a quick trip of it. I picked up the game, then went to look up the shrimp guy's addy. Lo and behold, it's two houses down from the video game guy. Fairly mundane but what are the odds? Crazy.

I also met my wife outside of a bar in Galveston. She in her roommate invited my buddy and I back to their house for a party. When they told us the intersection, it was right where we lived. Turned out that they were right around the corner from me, two houses away.

2. Burko

Burko Member

I went on holiday a few years ago and got with this girl, kinda holiday romance sort of thing.

We asked her where she lived and it turned out that she lived in the same road as one of the other guys we were away with and had never seen each other.

3. MoonDogg

MoonDogg Member

I don't believe in coincidences.

4. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Finding out 00rocketgirl and I are distant cousins was pretty strange considering we're both huge rockets fans that originated from a small clan of farmers in North Dakota

5. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

One day I was in my car and my wife called.

She said, I think I want to get a Bassett hound and if I do I already have a name picked out.

And with out hesitation I said you want to name her Maybel.

It caught her completely off guard because we hadn't discussed getting another dog or any names and some how I just pulled that name out of thin air.

6. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

7. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

Well, not to me, but...

A good friend from college had been sick for most of his life with Kidney problems. We all knew this, he was on organ donor lists way back when and had some seriously expensive insurance and a beeper in case a donor became available. Occasionally he would have a bad run, and end up in the hospital for various reasons in addition to his persistent issues.

Years went by, and his health deteriorated, as his insurance got too expensive, ran out, or whatever. Things were getting dire, and we were all making daily visits while doctors scratched their heads, tried to get him a donor (no longer on the priority lists, this was looking worse and worse). While at his bedside, his wife's health was also suffering from lack of sleep, whatever, and she had come down with a temporary but somewhat severe sickness while in the hospital. The doctor evaluated her, and ran some tests to diagnose her.

As it turns out, the tests revealed the (apparently) incredibly unlikely fact that she was indeed a perfect donor candidate. She donated her kidney and saved his life. It seemed weird to me that no one had tested her before, but I guess it's that unlikely, or perhaps they were accustomed to the greater likelihood that a donor would come from the system he was in originally. In any case, her getting ill while he was there saved his life.

They now have matching scars and are together to this day. He still has health issues from all the years of extreme medications among other things, but is doing very well.

8. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

My wife and I also share a collective consciousness at times.

One night shortly after we met she said to me randomly "Do you know what movie is kind of funny?" and immediately I said "Road Trip".

Those are the kind of moments you realize that there is something beyond all human knowledge.

9. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

When my father-in-law was in extended care one of the nighttime nurses was someone I went from elementary to High School with. Not a big coincidence until you take in to consideration that we're both living 300miles from North Shore.

I know a guy who, when in college had put a shotgun to his own head. His roommate, had gone to work and his boss/dad sent him home WITH PAY for with no explanation. He just told him to take the day off with pay. It was the only time he'd ever done that, and never did it again after that day. The roommate drove in to his driveway right when the the guy was putting the shotgun to his head. The guy quickly put the shotgun away so his roommate wouldn't see it. He turned on the TV and there was a pastor on TV that had a sermon that seemed directed to him - it saved his life and now he's a Pastor himself.

10. Preston27

Preston27 Contributing Member

After a couple of dates I found out my ex-girlfriend was the daughter of one of my elementary school teachers.

11. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

Not trying to mock you or anything, but that sounds like some stuff that would only happen on Grey's Anatomy.

Yeah, I watch that show, wanna fight about it?:grin:

12. CJLarson

CJLarson Member

My Dad is from a small farm in North Dakota o_O

13. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Contributing Member

I'm moving to Fargo. (no joke)

14. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

On our second date, my wife and I discovered that both of our parents were from the same small town in Oklahoma.

That was a textbook case of........

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/0A154OavghI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

15. CJLarson

CJLarson Member

Good city. Fargo/Moorhead is where my sister and couple of uncles live. Lovely during the summer, but I've never been in the winter. Good luck.

16. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I usually spend a couple days up there in the summer yearly. My uncles own a company there. Haven't been during the winter since 1992. Too cold.

17. raj87

raj87 Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/xGNpg0tRRyk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

18. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Both of my next door neighbors are named Mark. My neighbor across the street is named Mark. My best friend is named Mark. I went on vacation to Thailand with two couples on separate occasions. The couple's names were Marco and Kat, and Mark and Cathy respectively. My wife's bf's name starts with a K and her husband's, whom I'm good friends with, name is Marek(pronounced Mark).

My life is full of dudes named Mark.

19. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

Two houses down?

It sounds like fate.. You should have moved into the house between them. You guys can be best friends for life.

20. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

You should change your name to Mark too.