1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Cod-bomb] Nene: "It's not happening again" and Rockets talking to Silver/League about calls

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by heypartner, May 7, 2017.

1. threepointshot3

Look the Memphis coach saw what we are seeing well. The Spurs get unfair treatment. They can do no WRONG in the refs eyes.

2. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

the view, old white people edition.
    :p

3. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

I was in Australia this week, so was catching up on the games last night. I didn't watch 2nd game, but as I watched the 3rd game I saw two instances where bad calls led to Spurs getting a 5pt swing. These were critical times and were definitely momentum shifts. This along with calls like Bev in the 1st really seemed almost contrived--find a way to stop the Rockets. Here's hoping we play up to our potential and do not give the Spurs a chance to win. Go ROCKETS!

4. Pat

Pat Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This is a good post. There are plenty of bad calls in every game. Rox didn't lose last two games to the refs. Good D beats O in pretty much every sport. Until Rockets figure out a way to get past Spurs defense, they will be looking for excuses.

Old man rant... hate to see players whine about bad calls; throw up their hands, stay back, harp on the refs. Get over it, and get on to the next play. Rain falls int every life. Move on!

Os Trigonum and jae713 like this.
  5. FANfrom86toNow

FANfrom86toNow Contributing Member

If we haven't started it already, we should start a list with video evidence of all the bad calls against the Rockets the last two games and see how high of a count we can get to, and then determined potentially how many points difference it actually cost us.

Mr Chuck Norris likes this.
  6. FANfrom86toNow

FANfrom86toNow Contributing Member

Yes this guy is over the back on every rebound, and fouls every guard or wing on a drive but then hurries to pull his hands back and they call nothing. That offensive foul called on that Harden 3 pointer against him is exactly how his acting job has gone. He should be in Hollywood.

7. cheke64

cheke64 Member

All we is ask if for them to call the game FAIR. Kawhi offensively pushing everyone. Harden getting clobbered. Patty ****ing flopping. Rolls Royce phantom calls on Bev.

8. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

he truckin everybody out here like he oprah. you get a truck, you get a truck, you get a truck

francis 4 prez likes this.
  9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

It is not the refs - and I hate trying to blame them, good teams adjust to how calls are made in the playoffs, bad ones whine about it, then go home.

DD

durvasa likes this.
  10. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

yeah somehow fizdale is a hero for pointing it out and we're whiny for pointing it out. kawhi has turned into the quiet guy who the refs just decide to favor at all times for being quiet. he does nothing to sell the game, neither do the spurs. but they certainly cash the checks from all the money from the guys who do sell the game. then the spurs tell you how great they are for not being "those guys."

BigMaloe and threepointshot3 like this.
  11. macan

macan Member

the league is afraid that we may take down the warriors and ruin their planned warriors vs cavs final..so they r making sure the refs are doing their work and let the weakass spurs to advance....F88k them all!

12. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

can't wait for the spurs go home what about you?

it's clear they don't have any talent in the back court with Parker out. but they don't need any help from the league. I know for a fact even if they do beat the Rockets they are going to get spanked next series and that will be satisfying even though I won't watch. Sounds boring watching four All-Stars beat up on Kawai Leonard.

13. francis 4 prez

yeah it reminds me of the sacramento kings. whining about the refs instead of just overcoming those measly 27 free throws the lakers got in one quarter. no wonder they went home. whining, not bad calls. if the refs don't call it evenly in a game that was 3 point right at the end of the 3rd quarter, you might go home just because you are getting bad calls. doesn't have to be a vast conspiracy, just means bad calls add up to points and when the other team is a 61 win team who already is the favorite, things like "just overcome it" don't necessarily mean much. it's like "next man up" doesn't really mean anything. if the next man up was as good as they other guy, he's already be up.

14. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

we were one bearhug away from shutting up all of the haters who said we only won because Jordan was out of the league.

rgw20014life and Mr Chuck Norris like this.
  15. francis 4 prez

the spurs gave up 21 fta per game in the regular season. the rockets led the league in fta/gm. it would make sense we would surpass the spurs 21, but instead we're at 15.5 the last 2 games, with 4 of those coming last game after it was decided and it was safe to just gift us calls. even in the 4 regular season games the spurs didn't get us below 17 and now it's been 13 and 18 (with 4 meaningless ft's).

and before this point is brought up: league wide free throw rate in the regular season = 0.271. league wide rate in the playoffs so far = 0.292.

don grahamleone likes this.
  16. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Thanks for presenting this persuasive case.

17. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

An interesting piece of info from Codman. In otherwords, an interesting Codpiece.

heypartner likes this.
  18. malakas

malakas Member

No offence, but I don't think that's much newsworthy. Every team is calling the league to complain. I don't believe it matters much.
    What matters is if the coach or a player says smth in the postgame interview or some media call them out.

francis 4 prez likes this.
  19. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I see what you did there

20. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Just to clarify Ne's discussion with me:

He's not blaming the entire loss on the refs. He already admitted to playing poorly, as did the team.

What he is suggesting is that the officials did not "officiate" in the same, consistent manner that they have all season, throughout the playoffs.

James was consistently fouled, nearly on every possession. If you watch the playback, Pops kept telling guys to not use their hands. Either way, James shots was dismantled by contact, regardless of Pops' coaching advice.People hate the 3 point foul that James gets, but it is a legitimate foul that WAS NOT Called numerous times. That impacted the game. Same thing can be said for all of his layup attempts that led to him being laid out by Stinky Sol (Ne's name for...well, you know)

Here's what I expect, based on my relationship, mainly with with Ne and Trev: Expect harder screens. Expect James to start out forcing the contact to let the refs know he's being fouled.

And, expect Ne to show a little bit of nasty. He came here to win. He's close to James and he's not happy. Ne's one of the happiest guys I know, EVEN with his personal; family drama that hasn't come to light.

You're going to see a determined Rockets team. We can beat the Spurs. Our Long-Sought Sweet Lou will show his value (again) and Eric Gordon may not shoot the ball well, but he will be a big defender today.

And, personally, I'd like to send a healthy FU to Danny Green and LaMarcus. Those boys won't be hitting shots like that today.

I Like MDA, but if I could offer him one suggestion: Stop having James chase Patty Mills/DoucheGreen to the corners. Keep Trev on the weak side of the screen and let James do what he does best: Get the rebound, start the offense and go. Let Trev/Ne/Lou/Pat chase these nasty fellows around.

I don't like making predictions, but whatever. We're going back to SA with a tied series.

Peace and Love.

Cod