1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Coaching carousel predictions

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Yordan The Great, Jan 16, 2024.

1. evo8lover

evo8lover Member

I think the league is realizing is that old school coaches like the hoodie aren’t cutting it no more, time for young coaches to get a shot it’s the way it’s moving too at least IMO

2. Colt45

Colt45 Member
    Supporting Member

Why? He isn't bringing Tom Brady with him. percicles nailed it in the post above you. Nobody (well, nobody that wants to succeed)is going to give an over-rated, washed up control freak with a 65 - 82 record and an 0 -2 playoff record what he wants. I'd be furious if the Texans hired him in any capacity.

cbass, houstonstime and Blatz like this.
  3. Sooty

Sooty Contributing Member

Lol please take this crap out of this forum.

I personally would’ve gone a different route but I was listening to the Athletic podcast with Robert Mays and Nate Tice, they got the news live as they were recording, and reacted to it. They were both a fan of the hire.

lnchan and cbass like this.
  4. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Falcons fan reaction to Raheem Morris has been harsh. Some are asking if he's the guy now, why wasn't he retained after being interim coach there in 2020.

The media likes the hire, but most of the praise is centered on his nice guy demeanor and relationships with players.

Lastly, there is talk the Falcons' CEO Rich McKay was more interested in protecting his influence and authority within the organization and didn't want someone with huge cred like Belichick coming in.

I get not wanting a short-termer like Belichick, but IMO, they should have swung for the fences on a first-time guy instead of a retread who's W/L record is 21-38.

Sooty likes this.
  5. raining threes

Good for them

I would hire Belichek

There's a reason why in over 50 years the Falcons are one of a few teams to never win a championship.

Sooty likes this.
  6. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

7. raining threes

SMH

Coach Killer

8. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

McDonald leaving for the NFC would be good for Houston

9. tallanvor

Seems inevitable that someone hires johnson

raining threes likes this.
  10. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

I think Demeco should go up to Jerrod and say: “look, Bobby is gone next year, job is yours if you stay” and Jerrod can choose to either try his hand this year, or hold out and get Stroud.

ROCKSS and raining threes like this.
  11. tallanvor

I would never make that kind of promise. Who knows what next season holds. Johnson may stink. Maybe some awesome choices on the market for OC next offseason

red5rocket and raining threes like this.
  12. Marshall Bryant

Supporting Member

Of course they were. And it only matters if they get the interviews and quotes they want. Not whether they win or lose. I'm pretty down on egotistical/narcissistic sports announcers right now.

13. Sooty

Sooty Contributing Member

Lol what? Mays and Tice have some of the best X and O’s football content out there, it isn’t your Stephen A Smith spew or some random clickbait garbage. They actually go over stats, play types and advanced metrics.

14. Marshall Bryant

Supporting Member

So you're saying they aren't on radio around here because I am very familiar with the 610 and 790 morons.

Yep. Podcasters. Many don't show up on my search engines. But I do find podcasters far superior or inferior as they stretch the output from pathetic to knowledgeable. Thanks for the suggestion for an alternative to "our" radio broadcasters.

#74 Marshall Bryant, Jan 29, 2024
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2024
    Sooty likes this.
  15. tallanvor

16. J.R.

J.R. Member

Well then!

17. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Wow! Surprising move!

evo8lover and J.R. like this.
  18. Qan

Qan Member

Oh my....now it opens the door for Slowik, but he should do what Ben is doing.

jch1911, cmoak1982 and houstonstime like this.
  19. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

20. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

IMO, this is a great match. For some reason, I have the impression Seattle is a great franchise to play for and be a part of. I also think Mike Macdonald was the best candidate available this cycle.

I'm a 49ers guy, and despite how much the two franchises utterly despise each other, I truly wish them the best (except against the 49ers).

Buck Turgidson likes this.