1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

CNN's Jim Acosta has press pass suspended by White House

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by MojoMan, Nov 7, 2018.

1. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Neither are above reproach. Acosta should be more professional despite the non-professionalism of his subject. Intern should not have intervene into someone's personal space. Whitehouse should not be publishing doctored videos produced by nutjobs.

I think all deserve some punishment and an opportunity to clarify and apologize so that everyone can move on.

Exiled and Falcons Talon like this.
  2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

This is what false equivalancy looks like - it is not an EQUAL situation.

Trump was a big fat assed DICK to Acosta who was trying to ask a question, and the intern tried to please her dear leader.

Acosta did NOTHING wrong - this is 100% on the Orange idiot at the podium.

DD

quikkag likes this.
  3. ipaman

Did not intend to say they are all equal and if you notice I didn't. My intention is to say all parties made mistakes, should pay for them, should apologize, and should move on. There was a time where civility was the norm and I'm just hoping to see that again from both the Whitehouse and the Media.

DaDakota and Falcons Talon like this.
  4. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

To be fair, Trump came into that press conference trying to be civil and talking about compromise with the Democrats in the House and the media was not having it. Unless these media people moderate their tone towards Trump - let's be clear, their conduct positively reeks of their hate this man - this atmosphere of unhinged incivility will continue.

Trump is not going to unilaterally disarm in this contest, especially not with the media being the obvious leader of the Democrat left #Resistance. Nor should he. Trump tried to behave civilly yesterday and many in the media conducted themselves like complete, out-of-control vitriolic, hyper-partisan, a-holes. The media is going to have to change its tone and start behaving in a more professional manner. I appears that Trump has had enough of this at this point and would like to dialog with the press using a more civil tone, if the opportunity is presented for him to do so.

#84 MojoMan, Nov 8, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2018
  5. Falcons Talon

Falcons Talon Contributing Member

DD, Acosta did ask a question, got an answer, and then it was someone else's turn and that was made clear to him. Acosta kept running his mouth and Trump kept engaging him. Trump should have just ignored him, or cut his mic...as simple as that. They were both unprofessional. I can't agree that Acosta did nothing wrong.

6. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

At least, we are better than the North Korean leader. Is this all you want to say?

7. ipaman

Trump at the podium was okay until he went after Acosta's personal character calling him a terrible person. Up until that point I though he handled Acosta's aggressive tactics okay. Intern is an idiot for sticking her hand/arm into someone's face though. Nothing good can result from that. Should have held out her hand and asked for the mic politely to put the pressure on Acosta to act professional. It was a **** show that each person took further at every turn and the whole thing is ridiculous. I mean people are talking Supreme Court now?!?! Give me a break.

One last thing, having enough does not mean the Whitehouse should be promoting conspiracy nutjob doctored videos. Can't do that, inexcusable. Sanders should clarify the source, denounce the source, and apologize for her mistake.

biff17 likes this.
  8. Nippystix

Nippystix Member

So part of Trump's appeal is that he doesn't give a ish and is non-PC, and will say whatever he want, right? But then that same group of supporters that love that, are the same ones offended by a few questions?

And also want athletes and celebrities to shut up and stay in their lanes, and stay out of politics, yet voted for a celebrity.

I thought that we, the people, were supposed to call out politicians for flip-flopping. Not flip-flop for politicians.

Fascinating.

Eric Riley, biff17, Nook and 3 others like this.
  9. Falcons Talon

Offended by a few questions? How about understand that it was someone else's turn and Acosta refused to give up the mic?

Athletes and celebrities can say whatever they want. That's their constitutional right.

10. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

shs and the white house (trump) stands by the lie as supported by their doctored infowars video...

11. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

Also, Acosta was not asking questions. He opened his comment by stating that he was going to "challenge" President Trump, and then proceeded to do just that, in the rudest, most unprofessional manner that he could muster. He did that on purpose, of course. So, Acosta was not just "asking a question". That is not what he was doing and anyone who watched that press conference knows it.

Falcons Talon likes this.
  12. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

That is his job - Trump did not answer it...he blew it off, so Acosta has a responsibility to try to get an answer.

That is what a GREAT Journalist is supposed to do...

And the PRESS is there to CHALLENGE power - that is their job....to call out the BULLSHIT lies .....as BULLSHIT!

They are not Propagandists, that is Fox News job.

DD

13. Nippystix

Nippystix Member

Someone else's turn? Really, that's your strongest defense? If you ask a question, and it is not answered, then was his turn actually over?

How about understanding that women (even strippers and prostitutes) don't to get grabbed by the pu**y?"

Maybe understanding that your daughter does not want to have sex with you?

This is almost exactly what I referred to as irony/hypocrisy/stupidity.

Eric Riley and DaDakota like this.
  14. Falcons Talon

Sorry DD. Acosta is no great journalist. We're just not going to see eye to eye on this. Acosta was trying to get a rise out of Trump and he succeeded. It is what it is.

15. ipaman

Completely predictable, she moved the goalpost so she could be semantically correct and completely avoid/deflect the fact she promoted a "doctored" conspiracy nutjob video. Shameful and thus continues the shitshow.

quikkag likes this.
  16. Falcons Talon

What do you want answered first?
    Was his turn over? Yes. Just because he didn't get what he wanted doesn't mean he wasn't answered.
    Is grabbing any girl by the kitty bad. Yes. No doubt.
    Your daughter not wanting to have sex with you....WTF are you talking about.

17. IVFL

IVFL Member

That is poor video however you look at it. I mean its choppy and there are obvious moments that were missed.

Can I also say this whataboutism is tiring? It does not matter the event but both sides will find something to point to and say "What about this"

I work in a middle school and over the last couple of years have come to the conclusion that we are all stuck in it right now. Both sides behaved badly, one has escalated it more than it needed to be escalated. Now depending on which side you are on the guilty party will be different.

The root of the problem is one party not liking the question that is being asked. They are not used to people questioning them and when people push back they only know how to insult and belittle rather than explain their position and extoll the merits of their decisions. I would say that if you can't convince people that your actions are justified with reason and logic you might have made a mistake.

mdrowe00 likes this.
  18. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I think it disingenuous, dishonest and/or stupid to say both sides are acting badly as if to insinuate, as this statement does, that both sides are equally behaving like children and in non-"human" ways.

You can have whatever opinion of Obama and Trump that you want.

But the behavior of one doesn't come close to the behavior of the other.

Eric Riley and quikkag like this.
  19. IVFL

IVFL Member

When I watched it I cringed for both sides in this matter. The way Acosta acted was unprofessional. Now, do I understand why he acted that way? You had better believe it. You have a person with more power than him trying to stifle and minimize everything that he stands and works for. If anything the people who support Trump got a small 2-minute taste of what it's like for non supporters to listen to this guy talk to another person that he disagrees with.

That two-minute interaction that they are freaking out about as being unprofessional, rude, and embarrassing (which is true) has been the last two years for those on the other side.

I understand why it happened, I even think that it was needed because of where we are in terms of how the Executive branch is categorizing people that don't get in line with their views.

I am just saddened that both sides have to behave in a way that is undesirable. I am trying to see things with un-partisan eyes as much as possible with the hope that I will still be able to engage with the other side and see the world through their lense. In this instance, I just hope that Trump supports can maybe step back and realize that this is how Trump consistently acts towards those that don't agree.

20. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Reporter didn’t do anything wrong. This is simply trump suppressing a reporter he doesn’t like. Too much dear leader cult mind on display.

Eric Riley and Nippystix like this.