1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

CNN's Jim Acosta has press pass suspended by White House

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by MojoMan, Nov 7, 2018.

1. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

The lawsuit has now been dropped entirely. They are starting fresh today, with Acosta getting his press pass permanently reinstated, along with a list of new rules and procedures. If he continues to not comply, then he will be fast-tracked right out the back door, with no basis for complaint.

Jim Acosta is going to have to come up with some sort of a new shtick. The question is, does he want to go off one more time, or does he want to continue to work at the White House?

2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Also I would recommend Acosta watching this video for some pointers on how to properly ask questions to Trump.

Chris Wallace didn't follow this advice, and now President Trump looks like a rambling fool because he thought he was sitting comfortably in his safe space. Something you never want to see happen if you are a Trump acolyte. And now the Fox News demo is calling for Wallace's head.

#422 fchowd0311, Nov 19, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2018
  3. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

4. NewRoxFan

5. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

I feel bad for Jim Acosta I hope he is doing well.

6. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Things that hasn’t change:

Freedom of the press as a constitutional thing

Lawsuit for violation of constitutional things

Dear leader don’t want a free press

7. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

CNN would have lost the lawsuit. It isn't a free press issue and there was no fifth amendment violation. This was a phony lawsuit to write nasty headlines. This was clear before the drop. Now the drop further confirms this.

cml750 likes this.
  8. mick fry

mick fry Member

He’s doing fine, after his little timeout he’s coming back with a fresh diaper change and a new binky.

cml750 and dachuda86 like this.
  9. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Phony, nasty... dear leader approve.

Well, although I’m no lawyer and no judge and don’t pretend to play one, however fun and cool it is to do so on this forum, there isn’t much of any doubt that dear leader doesn’t want a free press, however much he have and will continue to lie straight to your face about it.

So I think there is a good chance phony and nasty lawsuits will happen. But we’ll see.

10. fchowd0311

You are reffering to Donald Trump right?

Nippystix likes this.
  11. NewRoxFan

Not according to the judge that ruled in favor of Acosta.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/16/media/cnn-trump-lawsuit-hearing/index.html

12. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Dude when even Fox News has to stand up for CNN, you know you've lost your argument. You guys are truly in an unpoppable bubble

13. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

I hope so - I just want to give him a side hug and tell him everything is going to be okay.

mick fry likes this.
  14. Nippystix

Nippystix Member

Isn't the projection going on here fascinating? Hahaha.

15. fchowd0311

Like seriously. The president just typed out "Adam Schitt" in reference to a US Rep as President. Someone between Acosta and Trump is definitely child like.

And the obvious response from MAGA hat wearers is "He's trolling the media. He's smart.". Well, I want my president to not be a Twitch streamer troll. I want him to manage the world's most complex bureaucracy and command the world's most powerful military.

16. Nippystix

Nippystix Member

What's hilarious is that this was clearly intentionally done by Trump to focus the attention on this, instead of the fact that he forced Sessions out the day after midterms. And it worked perfectly. The dude is a genius at manipulating the media, and being a puppet master over what we are talking about.

Acosta could've asked if he's enjoying the weather, and he would have somehow worked in pointing to him, and called him a disgrace, and CNN a disgrace, and yada yada yada.

But then to read the genuine and spirited defense of the President's actions, and calling Acosta names and saying he is the worst - I guess people tend to forget the very next guy, I am not sure what outlet he is even affiliated with, defended Acosta and said that the guy works diligently and is a good journalist, only for Trump to say, "well I'm no fan of you," HAHAHA! Acosta asks too many tough questions, and he doesn't let either the President or SHS skirt around answering the question by asking follow-up questions; oh the humanity.

What a time to be alive.

mdrowe00 and Deckard like this.
  17. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

It's a time to try and stay alive. Just hope that trump doesn't get us into a major war that brings back the draft. My guess is that a lot of the members here are of draft age. I wish them all luck if it comes to that, even the ones I don't like.

Nippystix likes this.
  18. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

I am not a lawyer but I am related to one and I am going off what he said.

19. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

I got my info from a lawyer I know. Where did you get yours? Your feels?

Also thinking about it and understanding the basics of the laws also helps. You don't actually need a lawyer.

I would love for you to explain to me how you think there was a violation. Instead of leaning on Fox News which I take as serious as CNN, which I don't. If your source is a three letter news corporation then I hate to break it to ya... you are gullible. You are the type who believes everything in the newspaper too eh? You really trust these groups to actually be honest and care about you the dear listener.

#439 dachuda86, Nov 21, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2018
  20. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't trust Fox News at all, but I certainly put more weight to the fact they are standing up for CNN, the network they love to attack, than your mysterious "lawyer" you know or you for that matter.

You have about as much credibility as Trump. That's not a compliment by the way.