1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

CNN, the Left and its Base are Complicit in the Current Toxic Atmosphere of Political Hate

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by crash5179, Oct 30, 2018.

1. mick fry

mick fry Member

But did Trump support him? Here are members of the CBC that refuse to denounce Farrakhan
    • ohn Lewis (D-GA)
    • Gregory Meeks (D-NY)
    • Danny Davis (D-IL)
    • Bobby Rush (D-IL)
    • Maxine Waters (D-CA)
    • Barbara Lee (D-CA)
    • Eleanor Holmes-Norton (D-DC)
    • Alcee Hastings (D-FL)
    • Eddie Bernice Johnson (D-TX)
    • Sanford Bishop (D-GA)
    • Bobby Scott (D-VA)
    • Bennie Thompson (D-MS)
    • Sheila Jackson Lee (D-TX)
    • Elijah Cummings (D-MD)
    • Lacy Clay Jr. (D-MO)
    • David Scott (D-GA)
    • Greg N.K. Butterfield (D-NC)
    • Emanuel Cleaver (D-MO
    • Al Green (D-TX)
    • Gwen Moore (D
    No double standard here.
    I keep playing the what if game and nobody wants to play.
    What if Trump said (Hillary):”we know they all look alike”
    What if Trump posed with Duke as Obama did this:[​IMG]

#101 mick fry, Oct 31, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2018
  2. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  3. Nook

Nook Member

Why should they denounce someone that doesn't even support them?

For what point exactly? Farrakhan came out and supported Trump and in the past has told his followers to vote Republican.... all the way back in 1997 he was telling Nation of Islam members to vote Republican.

So why should it really even be an issue? I could understand if Farrakhan had come out in support of democrats..... but as far as I know, he didn't and hasn't.

Honestly, it reeks of "what-aboutism" that has been the staple of Trump for the last two years.

4. Nook

Nook Member

Further your list isn't even accurate....... I remember Danny Davis coming out against Farrakhan's statements towards Jews and white people.

Gregory Meeks has also stated that he does not agree with the statements made by Farrakhan.

I don't have the time or desire to checks those that I do not have an independent memory of, but I know your list is innaccurate.

5. mick fry

mick fry Member

Jews are Satanic and white people deserve to die certainly falls within the Republican party.

6. Nook

Nook Member

Farrakhan was at the Congressional Black Caucus meeting........... I don't really see what this proves? Obama has come out a number of times and has denounced Farrakhan..... Jesse Jackson is a racist and there are pictures of Trump smiling and shaking his hand.... does that mean anything? Of course not.

7. mick fry

mick fry Member

One veteran CBC member, Illinois Rep. Danny Davis, praised and defended Farrakhan in a phone interview with TheDC. Davis described Farrakhan as “an outstanding human being” and said “it wouldn’t be anything out of the ordinary” for him to meet with Farrakhan.

“I personally know [Farrakhan], I’ve been to his home, done meetings, participated in events with him,” Davis told TheDC.

“I don’t regard Louis Farrakhan as an aberration or anything, I regard him as an outstanding human being who commands a following of individuals who are learned and articulate and he plays a big role in the lives of thousands and thousands and thousands and thousands of people,” Davis said.

8. Nook

Nook Member

Actually Farrakhan praised Trump's handling of the Jews...... that was the reason he supported him, because he viewed them as having a common enemy, the Jew.

FWIW Farrakhan doesn't like democracies, and doesn't believe in the American system of politics...... which is kind of the point, he doesn't support anyone or anything other than chaos that would lead to a race war. So to peg him as a Democrat or Republican is really off base....... it is like claiming that Hitler was a democrat or republican or that Stalin was........ they believed in dictatorships with absolute rule...

9. mick fry

mick fry Member

Cmon Nook now you’re using JJ as a Duke substitute? I’m saying if Trump posed with Duke he would never live it down just like if he said what Hillary did, at least admit that.

10. Nook

Nook Member

Sigh........ He also said:

“I disagree with Minister Farrakhan in terms of white people being devils and Jewish people being satanic, and so I disagree with him saying that. But I also protect his right as a free individual to say and do whatever he wants to do, but I disagree with that statement. " - Danny Davis

11. Nook

Nook Member

There is no question that if Trump had shaken David Duke's hand it would have been all over the news. What I am saying is that I really don't care about a picture from years ago of a future President standing next to someone that is racist, etc. Why? Because it doesn't mean they support them, especially when the person is asked and they say they don't support or agree with them.

For example, Jesse Helms or Governor Wallace....... there are tons of pictures of prominent politicians around or with them in professional settings and it doesn't mean anything, because of context.

I don't care if that is Donald Trump or Obama....... it is a cute and convenient way to claim they like or support each other, but context is everything.

mick fry likes this.
  12. mick fry

mick fry Member

Ok if Lindsey Graham for instance said he didn’t agree with Duke that blacks are second rate citizens but he has the right to his opinions and I’m hooking up with him Saturday night for a members only meeting you are cool with that?

13. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Imagine the individual who manages the world's largest bureaucracy, commands the world's most powerful military, and has the loudest bully pulpit in the nation explicitly praises the work of a man who believes the Newton school massacre was fake with zero denunciation of anything. No "I like him but I disagree wit this part" thing. Just a full on embrace.

14. Nook

Nook Member

A members only meeting? What are you talking about?

If Trump or Graham said "they didn't agree with Duke that blacks are second rate citizens, but he has the right to his opinion." I would have no problem with that.

15. mick fry

mick fry Member

Imagine the same leader publicly saying Benghazi was a conspiracy theory after soldiers died there.

16. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Imagine someone that didn't understand what part of Benghazi was a conspiracy theory. Nobody said that Benghazi didn't happen or deny that anybody died there.

17. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That would be great if Trump or Graham said that. I would agree with them. I don't know what the hell members-only meeting you are referring to.

18. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

why can't we just focus on being intellectually honest?? why is that so damn hard. it isn't controversial to say that southern democrats left the party en mass to join the republican party after the civil rights movement. it's historical fact. today's republican party was yesterday's southern democrats. you learned this in high school for christ's sake. if we can't acknowledge irrefutable facts then wtf are we doing here??

Deckard likes this.
  19. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

stacy dash, trump supporter...

[​IMG]

20. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

as in benghazi didn't occur and soldiers didn't die? who said that???