1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

CNN, the Left and its Base are Complicit in the Current Toxic Atmosphere of Political Hate

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by crash5179, Oct 30, 2018.

1. wizkid83

wizkid83 Contributing Member

QQ,

Where do you stand on affirmative action in private universities?

2. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Everything I posted is a fact. Racist Democrats voted often for Democrats at the local level and Republicans at the national level. But many joined the Republican party. I wasn't referring to just legislators though more than one did switch.

Your claim that only one did is only true if we talk about Senators which is probably why you limited it to the senators. However, Jesse Helms switched as did Millis E. Goodwin also switched.

3. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

i don't think they should, but if its a private university then they should be able to do what they want.

4. wizkid83

wizkid83 Contributing Member

K

5. mick fry

mick fry Member

The question for the left is what do they have to offer that is even remotely a better choice than Trump come 2020? Creepy p*rn Lawyer, Shillary, Spartacus, Pocahontas? Maybe offering a better product would be a better route than throwing a tantrum for 4 years then wondering what the hell happened after the election AGAIN.

cml750 and John Oliver like this.
  6. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

Jesse Helms wasn't in office in 1964. He never signed the civil rights act. Millis E. Goodwin was just a governor and not until 10 years after the civil rights act. he didn't sign it either.

Let me get this straight, you found two Southern Democrats holding any position over about a ten year period that later switched to Republican?

That's your proof that 'racist Democrats began splitting off from the party and many joined the Republican party' ?

If that's the case then your argument disproves your statement.

7. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

I see the left doing horrible things every day.

8. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Apparently tallanvor knows more about the Southern Strategy "hoax" than Lee Atwater, Chairman of the Republican National Committee:

Atwater: As to the whole Southern strategy that Harry S. Dent, Sr. and others put together in 1968, opposition to the Voting Rights Act would have been a central part of keeping the South. Now you don't have to do that. All that you need to do to keep the South is for Reagan to run in place on the issues that he's campaigned on since 1964, and that's fiscal conservatism, balancing the budget, cut taxes, you know, the whole cluster.

Questioner: But the fact is, isn't it, that Reagan does get to the Wallace voter and to the racist side of the Wallace voter by doing away with legal services, by cutting down on food stamps?

Atwater: Y'all don't quote me on this. You start out in 1954 by saying, "N!gger, n!gger, n!gger". By 1968 you can't say "n!gger"—that hurts you. Backfires. So you say stuff like forced busing, states' rights and all that stuff. You're getting so abstract now [that] you're talking about cutting taxes, and all these things you're talking about are totally economic things and a byproduct of them is [that] blacks get hurt worse than whites. And subconsciously maybe that is part of it. I'm not saying that. But I'm saying that if it is getting that abstract, and that coded, that we are doing away with the racial problem one way or the other. You follow me—because obviously sitting around saying, "We want to cut this", is much more abstract than even the busing thing, and a hell of a lot more abstract than "N!gger N!gger".

CometsWin and FranchiseBlade like this.
  9. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

You don't seem to be following. I wasn't talking only about Democratic lawmakers but Democratic voters in general.

10. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The GOP is now the home of the KKK

11. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Crash, I don't think this forum is healthy for you. You seem to have lost your way.

Rashmon and CometsWin like this.
  12. mick fry

mick fry Member

And the Democratic party is the home of Farrakhan and Soros and this....
    [​IMG]
    You win.

#92 mick fry, Oct 31, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2018
  13. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Farrakhan is not a Democrat. But nice try.

And Soros is no we worse than the Koch brothers... Let's not for hey the GOP is the party beholden and controlled by a rich family

14. Eric Riley

Eric Riley Contributing Member

Juvenile nicknames? Pictures of Rosie O'Donnell? Really? You won't people to take you seriously, but how can they when you resort to childish insults?

15. mick fry

mick fry Member

Get a respectable candidate if you want to be taken seriously. Now Don Lemon has gone off the rails but he can’t be racist and won’t be fired. You guys refuse to see the double standard and won’t condemn it, it’s not going to end well.

16. Anticope

Anticope Member

Yet you think that Trump is a respectable candidate, I think that says all we need to know about your opinion on that matter.

BTW I continue to find it hilarious how the Trump boot lickers are suddenly political experts handing out advice to the Democrats. You worship a reality TV star president with zero discipline whose borderline incoherent ramblings are the centerpiece of his absurd campaign rallies. No one wants or cares about your political advice, trust me.

17. mick fry

mick fry Member

Keep on crying it suits you and your party and it’s worked so well. I hope you don’t listen, having no message or leadership is surely a winning ticket.

#97 mick fry, Oct 31, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2018
  18. Nook

Nook Member

Farrakhan? He supported Trump in 2016 and praised Trump's handling of Jews........ so I don't think that one really applies.

Rosie the lesbian is certainly a big democratic supporter and Soros is too......

The Republicans are mostly left with David Duke, Jimmy Woods and Ted Nugent.......so I guess it is a draw.

19. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Don't ever forget Scott Baio!

mdrowe00 likes this.
  20. Anticope

Anticope Member

I'm not crying, you just can't dispute anything I just said so you predictably run right back to your default liberal tears talking point.