1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

CNN, the Left and its Base are Complicit in the Current Toxic Atmosphere of Political Hate

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by crash5179, Oct 30, 2018.

1. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Is there anyone here on the right that wants to step in and say that demagoguery of the left is going too far, and we should follow Jesus' teachings that advocate for Peace and love thy neighbor?

Eric Riley likes this.
  2. mdrowe00

mdrowe00 Member

No list like this is complete without a mention of ACORN.

3. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

In retrospect the ricen attacks were probably more dangerous than the packages that looked like bombs.

That being said, both criminals deserve long federal sentences.

crash5179 likes this.
  4. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

“I’m not a racist, you’re a racist”

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  5. Falcons Talon

Falcons Talon Contributing Member

I think it's safe to say there are nut jobs on both sides of the political spectrum. We used to just call them assholes, psychos, and nut jobs.

Severe Rockets Fan and jcf like this.
  6. dobro1229

I'm not playing this "but my teams terrorist attack was less dangerous than your teams terrorist attack". I want no part of politically motivated Ricin attacks. PERIOD. Why can't you guys say the same without trying to turn every F-ing right wing terrorist attack around as a way to demagogue the left as a dangerous "mob"???

I actually think you are one of the more level headed Trump fans on the forum believe it or not. Do better than this please.

jcf, Astrodome and FranchiseBlade like this.
  7. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

8. Anticope

Anticope Member

You're either lying or are completely oblivious to history. Go look at the states where Jim Crow laws and the KKK were prevalent and tell me which party those states overwhelmingly vote for now. You're ignoring 150 years of political history when you spew garbage like this, it really makes you look dumb.

Big MAK likes this.
  9. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

Jim Crow and KKK were the Southern Democrats. Northern Republicans and dems defeated them with the civil rights act of 1964.

10. Anticope

Anticope Member

Associating the southern Democrats from the Jim Crow era with modern day Democrats is as dishonest (or ignorant) as it gets. You agree with the OP's comparison?

11. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

Those southern Democrats are the current Southern Republicans base.

AleksandarN likes this.
  12. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

For one thing, there is no organized "left". There are 50 different progressive factions depending on the issue they identify with, it's "herding cats".
    Whereas the right is a centralized message, sponsored by money, disseminated by K Street, and controlled through the Congressional leadership.

And the prime tactic of obfuscation (besides outright lying) is to blame the other guy for your faults. It's such horseshit, but if you can achieve a loyal minority you can out maneuver a disjointed majority. To accomplish: tax cuts for the rich, disregard for the environment we live in, exclusive religion, limited choice, and discriminatory practices for those people.

13. tallanvor

I agree that Democrats are the party of the KKK and jim crow. Cant change history. Neither party supports those positions now.

No. They are dead.

Most hate crimes per capita happens in blue states these days, but it's not much.

https://www.wcvb.com/article/fbi-da...te-of-reported-hate-crimes-last-year/13614523

14. adoo

adoo Member

there you go again, tallanvor, publicizing ur ignorance

LBJ, the Southern Dem from Texas, championed the civil rights act of 1964.

JFK, the Northern Dem, had picked LBJ as his VP to effect his civil rights agenda.

five days after JFK was assassinated in Nov 1963, the new POTUS LBJ went before Congress and spoke to
    a nation still stunned from the events in Dallas that had shocked the world.

Johnson made it clear he would pursue the slain President's legislative agenda—especially a particular bill that
    Kennedy had sought but that faced strong and vehement opposition from powerful southern Democrats.

#34 adoo, Oct 30, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2018
    mdrowe00 likes this.
  15. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

I noticed you didn’t mention the attempted murder of Republican Senators at a baseball practice or Antifa or Don Lemon justifying their actions.

16. tallanvor

Who opposed it? Wanna go look at voting records? What party was implementing the Jim crow laws the civil rights act ended?

17. adoo

adoo Member

ur convenient back-pedaling amounts to a concession of defeat in the debate !

just to sum it up, for the education of tallanvor,

A Southern Dem, POTOS LBJ, championed the civil rights act of 1964,
    as well as the The Immigration and Naturalization Act of 1965​

#37 adoo, Oct 30, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2018
  18. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

The bomber or shooter doesn't represent the right just like terrorists dont represent Muslims or illegal alien criminals dont represent DREAMERS

You can have it both ways

The media spent more than a year openingly questioning if Trump is a Russian spy

19. dobro1229

I also noticed you didn’t mention the fact that nearly all liberals condemned that violent act of terrorism without saying “well your terrorist act was bigger than mine”.

I didn’t use whataboutism when that happened. Why can’t you do the same and just condemn without playing politics? Why the need to conflate the act of attempted murder with someone in a coffee shop pulling someone’s MAGA hat off? Why the need to do this as a reactive whataboutism after 3 right wing terrorist attacks in one week? Why do you feel you need to “hit back” or defend yourself as if you have any linkage whatsoever to these attacks?

Why??

REEKO_HTOWN likes this.
  20. dobro1229

I absolutely think that Bernie had a responsibility to condemn the acts of the Scalise shooter. No he wasn’t responsible but he had responsibility in the aftermath to ensure his followers understood clearly what his platform did and did not stand for.

Just as the Muslim community has responsibility to speak out after violence is committed in the name of jihad, and how Trump/FoxNews have responsibility to speak out against right wing terrorism when it is done in the name of their poltical agenda such as the Pittsburg shooter insighting his act over the “invaders” coming in the Caravan.

I have no idea how the second half of your post has anything to do with the topic. The media has covered what is the single biggest political scandal since watergate. That’s their GDamn job. Has nothing to do with the surge in poltical violence.

AleksandarN and mdrowe00 like this.