1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

CNN exposed for anti-Trump malice

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by dachuda86, Oct 16, 2019.

1. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

what about complete statements and entire sections of a coversation... do you really need the entire lunch? I mean it isn't like the clips are all short and if they are usually they play the longer version later in the video. I don't think you should throw the baby out with the bath water. You are welcome to disregard them at first glance but maybe give the people recorded some thought. I don't trust any outlet 100% including veritas or CNN but the individual sources should be considered and how the conversation is treated. Yes veritas spices it up for dramatic effect, but there are some interesting things getting out.

2. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yes. No matter what. Veritas has a documented history and refuses to make available which could prove their point if it was legitimate.

Until they do that nothing they do should be treated with anything other than contempt. I could ask questions and edit them to make it seem like people were saying whatever I want in their own words.

Veritas has been found guilty of doing just that. Their response was to keep doing it and get caught again while taking measures to make sure that people have a harder time checking their claims.

3. TheresTheDagger

You mean like practically every single media outlet does? CNN itself is notorious for this.

If they have been as OBVIOUS in journalistic malpractice as you claim they should have been shut down by a court by now right?

And that's your opinion. But what I'm seeing on camera is information direct from the mouths of CNN producers about CNN programing and executives. Nobody forced them to speak as they did. And I'm not seeing the "obvious editing" you are claiming occurred here.

dachuda86 likes this.
  4. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Nope. There is almost no other news agency that does that. When challenged they will present their unedited tapes to clarify it. Comedy shows have done it.

No. Judges don't really have any authority over crappy journalism. What Veritas has done has been documented.

And that's your opinion. But what I'm seeing on camera is information direct from the mouths of CNN producers about CNN programing and executives. Nobody forced them to speak as they did. And I'm not seeing the "obvious editing" you are claiming occurred here.[/QUOTE]
    Yes, it is direct from the mouths of CNN producers, execs, employees. I can ask questions that I know will get them to answer in whatever way I want, and then edit out my questions and play clips of their words.

It is easy to make their words fit whatever you want with the right questions and editing. Again, Veritas can absolutely show their projected angle is correct. Just release the unedited footage. That's all that has to be done, and if it matches the message, I will tip my hat.

But unlock actual news agencies, Veritas won't do that. Ask yourself why.

5. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

This. No need to reply. This is all that needs to be said in response to people who have a bee in their bonnet about veritas. Bravo.

6. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Except part of the post you quoted is factually wrong. Almost no news agency edits the way Veritas does. So it factually incorrect to pretend that they do.