1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clutchfans top 100 Quality Posters

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by A_Ngyen, Oct 13, 2011.

1. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

69!

[​IMG]

hahaha

2. Prince

Prince Member

did you not wish you were number 69 instead?

3. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Opinions, statistics -- what's the dif?

1 person likes this.
  4. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

This is neat and different than the usual post. Repped.

Instead of b****ing about it, why not help the guy? If he's a senior at MIT he's no dummy. Help plug in the numbers.

For example: My current rep score is around 1000. My last rep pip rolled over at 900.

I spread the rep around pretty liberally - funny or insightful posts will get my vote. I also rep people who respond to my 'I need advice for X' threads. I'm sure some of the love I get is reciprocal.

I also took a break from this username for a year, within the current rep parameters.

Again, this is pretty cool- maybe Clutch can supply some more statistical data for you to work with?

5. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

#92....

6. kidcave9

kidcave9 Contributing Member

I demand pull up 3 be in the top 100

7. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

HELL YES.
    I'm #96!

8. A_Ngyen

A_Ngyen Member

Many great men have been stubborn zealots. And to others they are soft hearted and fair. If everybody was cut from the same bark of tree, what fun would the world be? The top 6 (above 200 PQQ) are all very contagious however ignored they might be. Slowly the drops become more incremental and you can make an argument here and there but I'm still sticking with the formula

UNTIL

I know the details of what happens after 9x rep!

9. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Isn't Pugsly the poster who posts all the discounts and great buys? I would have him in the top 5 for that alone... :)

1 person likes this.
  10. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Morey doesn't have **** to do or something. Stupid lock out.

11. A_Ngyen

A_Ngyen Member

At 8 green squares you've been wronged- formula assumes 800-99 points not 1000.

My mistake! Thanks for the feedback and if Clutch could provide me with actual rep points it would be great.

12. DarkHorse

DarkHorse Contributing Member

I found another small improvement you could make.

Rather than go by years of membership, you could do months of membership. When you consider the longest number of years possible is 12, that's a pretty heavy grain of differentiation when you consider that someone who joined in January of 2000 vs. February of 2000 would be about 8% apart.

13. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

I don't know what the levels are, think it's a closely guarded site secret; but I'm pretty sure that it takes me at least 200 points in between levels now. And it's not linear, btw, from 1-8, it changes exponentially with each level. .

14. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Currently I think once you hit 1700 it takes 300 more to make the next green dot.

I am at 1940....I think the more telling thing is the comments that show up when you are highlighted.

For instance, Yao Ming and Moses Malone have the same number of greenies, but Moses is the more senior one...

DD

15. srrm

srrm Contributing Member

I just wanted to add to the uncertainty:

- rep is not necessarily indicative of the post quality. Rep is given for humor, argument, insults, as well as useful, original, informative posts, so the ranking should be called something like "Poster Pleasing Ability".

Otherwise though, good job! The rankings seem pretty reflective of the board sentiments.

Actually, some time back Clutch posted a similar list in the Feedback section of the forum. You should look into it. I'll try to find it and edit this post.

EDIT:

Here's the link to the old thread: Top 100 users by Reputation

#55 srrm, Oct 13, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2011
  16. A_Ngyen

A_Ngyen Member

Alright guys, keep the suggestions coming. The issues we have are:

1. # of posts during rep system implementation
    Compensated by weight classes

2. Green dots not equalling points after 8 dots. If Donny has 1700 and only 11 dots, this hurts him a lot more than say XeroBull, who has 1000 for 8 dots. But again, older members have really been helped out and it doesn't take into account who gives out the most rep with their names.

I'm off to do some real work (yes, this is what I do for fun lol) but I would like to tweak the formula based on what happens after 8 green squares.

17. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

A list that ranks the best posters on a message board...

The real winners are the ones that aren't on the list.

What's my prize?

18. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

I'm just hoping you can't edit that original post.

19. A_Ngyen

A_Ngyen Member

I will make the years into a % pt based on how early in the year said poster registered (1/12). Months alone is too dramatic when you consider a Jan '00 poster vs Dec '09.

20. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Is it? Here' show I think it breaks down, taking into account that the first pip is free, I have seven more 'paid' for:

Oh, and I've gotten a couple of 'negative' reps from people who didn't agree with me enough to type me out a message.