1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] The Jeremy Lin-Carmelo Anthony jersey controversy is ridiculously overblown

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jul 3, 2014.

1. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

So have you defended Asik, yet, since he's still here and the world is acting like he's not?

2. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

Lol awkward

3. highlander3128

It's all about class man. Class.

4. J-Tang

J-Tang Member

No, I think you know the thing about putting up a gigantic video billboard advertising one of your own players' departures without informing him about it is the big deal here.

It's like if you knew that your manager was going to hire someone to supersede you and you caught them showing the potential new hire your office while you're still on the payroll.

Trust me, I'm all about getting Carmelo on the team. I just ask that the Rockets show their currently employed players a little bit of respect and decency. All I'm saying is that this situation was poorly handled and the Rockets are in the wrong for this.

5. rokit

rokit Member

Such a BS article. Was Carmelo ever jealous of Ledo's historic run, or of Ledo instantly becoming a fan favorite? Did he run Ledo out of town, with a little help of his CAA buddies and NY media, while also calling Ledo's contract "ridiculous"?

6. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

IIRC, morey wasn't quoted as confirming that. It could have been anyone working for the Rockets.

7. whozee

whozee Member

"The numbers are clear"

.....or are they?

8. Shaq2Yao

Shaq2Yao Member

Well, definitely one party is lying, either Jeremy's agent, or Rockets.

9. delta69er

delta69er Member

I'll always be a Jeremy Lin fan but man I can't wait until he gets traded so that there'll be a mass exodus of posters such as these.

10. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

If they put #15 on Carmelo (his old number) the headlines would read: "Rockets out of touch with Melo's new preference" or "Clearly Rox value the failed Linsanity over Melo"...truly a rock and a hard place situation but I think it's better than shopping a basketball or trophy over each number in each pic of Melo. You go all out for the best available client and deal with hurt feelings afterwards, imo.

11. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Melo hates Croatian ice cream. No place for it NYC.

[​IMG]

12. TexAg713

TexAg713 Member

The attention this is getting nationwide is ridiculous. This topic was the top thread on reddit/r/nba all day. People were coming out of the woodwork and using the opportunity to bash the "heartless" Rockets organization and its fans as the "worst in sports". Up until this point I felt sorry for Lin but he's the one that turned this into a full-blown circus with his passive-aggressive crybaby tweet, along with his agents playing the he said-she said game. Cannot wait to be rid of all these irrational LOFers.

1 person likes this.
  13. lucnguye92

lucnguye92 Member

Agreed. This is getting out of hand. No one made this much ruckus when we traded Olajuwon to the Raptors. The guy gave us two freaking championships and people here are crying about "What about loyalty?!" Give me a god damn break. The only reason why this is one whole big issue is because of "Linsanity." And you're right, this whole god damn two years have been one big linsane waste of time. I like the guy, I cheer for the guy, but Jesus Christ, you people are acting like we crucified the guy.

14. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

F*** r/nba

since when does that revisionist circle jerk present an accurate depiction of the truth?

They've been clamoring about the Rox' "mistreatment of Lin" since day f***ing ONE! Tmac is a deity that has been absolved of all his sins. DWade is hated and Harden is literally Hitler for flopping while Manu gets a free pass for being on the f***ing spurs.

I could go on, but this s*** is making me unreasonably angry

15. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  16. demarco1

demarco1 Member

LOL... the big papa reveal the true color, Disrespect... business is business yes.. but this.... lol

hope and wish... bla bla bla

17. makman

makman Member

Comparing the death of a parent to Jeremy Lin's hurt feelings is beyond stupid. It's really more like having a six figure salary at a job when you're deserving of minimum wage. Everyone, including Lin knew he was a goner. He should be elated he got 25 mill over 3. He's the second coming of Kelvin Cato with a bigger following, but that's way before LOF even watched basketball. Rather than tweeting his sadness, how about channeling it in the right direction, say learning how to not stop in the lane and jump pass to no one. A real team player interested in winning would gladly give up his number to the better player in an effort to convince him to come, but I guess he hasn't reached that part of the Bible about being not being selfish.

18. ginia1110

ginia1110 Member

Wow. What you say clutch, ridiculously overblown? Man, what kind of thick skin do you really have? I'm amaze some diehard rockets fan could not see whats wrong with this at all. Its like all morals have flown out the window. I'm just speechless!

Its taking heat from fans because Lin is still a player and they used his jersey just to try to lure a big fish.

Yeah. Nothing wrong with that? Gosh. What kind of logic you have guys.

This is very distateful advertisement and Rockets have to admit they were very crass in doing this.

Huh, wait until Melo still decides to stay a Knick because of his family and to avoid the issue of him and Jeremy Lin. He has this negative reputation because of. Lin afterall, and this will only add fuel to the fire. I was hoping that Rockets could lure Melo to pair with Harden and Dwight because I want Dwight to have a big chance to go after a ring, but now, after this disrespect towards a player....

If Melo decides to stays a Knick, I think I'd feel vindicated.

19. Morlock O

Morlock O Member

[​IMG]

Thats all I can say

20. WestendMassive

Is reading really that difficult?

Dwight was never recruited in Houston. This was part of the pitch in LA:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Didn't see Bev tweeting bible verses and having a cry about it, he didn't even get pissed when Camby took his second choice of number and eventually got waived.

It's just a jersey number, does it really matter that much?

1 person likes this.