1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Warriors @ Rockets 5/28/2018 (Western Conference Finals, Game 7)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 27, 2018.

1. RoyalGuard

RoyalGuard Member

I feel the defense is gonna be crucial this game more than the O. Our chance of trading baskets with them isnt good minus 1 cp3. DEFENSE 1ST mindset. The O will come

2. topfive

topfive CF OG

The true Kenny is NOT the one who gives himself a stolen nickname after his playing career is done.

Hakeemtheking and macan like this.
  3. Kendrick Lamar

Kendrick Lamar Contributing Member

A few things: I hope the team doesn't feel dejected about the CP3 news and has the mindset that they're locked in regardless. This is paramount. Step up. The rest of the 14 guys need to have that mindset, whether it be from the bench or dictating the offense.

On October 30, 2012, this franchise was changed forever. DM fleeced the Thunder and we found the savior of this franchise. Now, 28 years older, 3 years removed from 2015, I believe that James is ready.

To JH, this is your career-defining moment. Time and time again, you stepped up. You continued to push through the ceiling with your greatness. Hitting that corner 3 to force OT against the Blazers in 2014 or even coming back from behind against the Nuggets that same year when you hit that shot over Foye with less than 5 seconds.

In 2015, you were exhausted but you took over in Sacramento and buried your head in Trevor's chest because you carried the team on your back, or even when you hit the game winner in game 3 at Dallas that same year.

Last year, scoring 53 on NYE, you dominated that entire season and netted triple doubles and flourished in your new role.

This year, can you surpass the limits that continue to push against you? The narratives from the media/country/casual NBA fans that you are a fraud. Show them tonight, on the biggest stage that you are one of the greatest of all time.

SHOW THEM TONIGHT JAMES EDWARD HARDEN JR!

4. J.R.

J.R. Member

Is Kenny as fake as tinman says Kellerman & Stephen A. are?! Is Kenny just reading from a teleprompter on TV? :eek::D

macan and Snow Villiers like this.
  5. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

Clay Travis blood bank guarantees are anything but. Good vibes knowing he is on the Worriers.

6. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

@tinman

J.R. likes this.
  7. Mr. Space City

gonna need the toyota center to be louder than it's ever been.

8. Roxs-Redemption

My hometown back in China, is getting loud for Rockets

Patience, Vivi, Hakeemtheking and 8 others like this.
  9. Lunareste

Lunareste Member

I love this team so much.

I know this is gonna be so tough, but I believe in you.

#RunAsOne

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  10. macan

macan Member

will need @tinman to do some investigation

J.R. likes this.
  11. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

@DreamShook will DICKS and Academy open after the win tonight to sell FInals gear?

12. Mr. Space City

13. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Well, this is probably the main reason they must win. Nothing like <puts on glasses> forcing one of the Minnesota sportstalk guys to issue an apology about the Rockets.

Harrisment and B-Bob like this.
  14. rantsolpuella13

Supporting Member

For the Pessimist: a tiny amount of motivation to get through the next few hours.

-------

It's about an hour before tip off and I'm strangely calm. I'm typically a pessimist, but tonight I think something special is in the making.

We all knew way back in October that the Rockets had a mountain to climb. The echos of the 2017 playoffs still lingered. We were marked as the 6, 7, 8 seed or even being out of the playoffs. We were told that now expected MVP winner James Harden and Chris Paul were incompatible, that the team would take too long to get good, that they may not be good at all.

The Rockets won a franchise record 65 games, but even during the playoff run we were deemed cannon fodder for GSW. Even during this very series the Rockets were marked as dead too many times to count. The roller coaster has been as wild as it has ever been.

Yet the Rockets have persevered.

Now that Chris Paul is out, and the pain of Game 6 you would think that hope is lost. But it's not, and it won't be for a little while longer.

This season has been something special, and even if the worst comes to pass we all know that the Rockets have fought hard and exceeded so many expectations. But I'm not writing a eulogy for this season yet. There is still 48, or more, minutes of basketball left in this Western Conference Finals.

The Golden State Warriors are two things: complacent and fatigued. They are using Andre Igoudala as an excuse when they have four All-Stars. They are there for the taking. Houston only needs to take just one game. This one. In our house.

The Rockets have not lost a back to back since January of this year. They are 5-0 when the Astros win a game on the same day. These are all random stats, but maybe they can continue and lead to something else.

Yes, I may be setting myself for heartbreak, but I am leaving my pessimism aside for the next few hours. Who knows? We may see the Rockets shock the world tonight.

Hakeemtheking and J Sizzle like this.
  15. Mr. Space City

16. Mr. Space City

he should use that money to buy some shampoo for his lice headed kids.

SooneRockStro likes this.
  17. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

18. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

19. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

20. igotwhipscollectingdust