1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Warriors @ Rockets 5/10/2019 (Playoffs Round 2, Game 6)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 9, 2019.

1. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I really enjoyed reading this write up. A lot of very well stated points here. Thanks for taking the time, and a sane, level headed approach to the analysis.

lilbird20, The_Yoyo and fryjol7 like this.
  2. juanm34

juanm34 Member

So after analyzing game 6 , I finally came to the conclusion that Chumpert cost us the series.
    We got spoiled when he started connecting from downtown and MDA through him out for 10min in game 6.
    In those 10min Chumpert did not put up a shot....
    The odds were in Chumperts favor to drain 1/2 of his attempts. All we needed was 6pts from Chump3rt but he laid an egg. We brought him in for his championship experience but he let us down like the rest of the squad.
    Chumpert was the key to the championship......

3. mastan

mastan Member

I'll be surprised if Rockets land any star.

CK Johnson, snowconeman22 and amaru like this.
  4. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Strange season. I would say over all a disappointing season. I expected this team to win 55-60 games and WCF and we won 53 and flamed out in the second round. Now, after a horrendous start we somehow by the end of the season worked our way back to being almost as good as last year, but not quite. Just not quite as disciplined (with respect to rebounding and turnovers) and Paul was noticeably diminished from last year. Obviously this team was good enough to get to the WCF had we not just tanked the first two months of the season, but that's why the regular season matters and seeding is important.

I could go player by player and nit pick their overall performance in the playoffs, but at the end of the day just collectively as a group they just weren't good enough, not smart enough. Built a lot of bad habits over the year and while we largely eradicated them by playoff time the usual bug-a-boos were still lurking and reared their head every so often.

Before this series, I really believed that if KD left, we could be the favorites to win the title next year with the core we have. Now, I'm not so sure given our performance against GS without KD. With no assets to upgrade our roster due to us moving heaven and earth to duck the luxury tax, I don't see us getting significantly better, if at all, this summer. I think we have enough talent to win perhaps, but we need to have a better mental approach to the game and regular season.

Little Bit, hakeem94 and Gray_Jay like this.
  5. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

6. Jontro

Jontro Member

did we win?

7. Zergling

Zergling Member

8. Rocketsfan3422

Maybe I'm in denial...but harden didn't close out the game...Kobe would have DEMANDED the ball, Jordan, Reggie Miller too. That's what super stars do, they close games ... I don't care if harden had 75 points in 3 quarters...he better finish the game like super stars do. He does this during the season but NEVER does it in very crucial games in the playoffs. This is why I and some people have issues with Harden. Greatest player to wear a Houston Rockets uniform (imo) he just lacks what is needed to endure to the end. It's mental he needs Kobe as a mentor.

smp and PeterKingX like this.
  9. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

I think we should have an analysis thread on G6, frame by frame.

Harden's those lazy walks on the court pissed me off!!!

deb4rockets likes this.
  10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Pippen actually was useful with the close outs.

Ben Simmons could be useful....that is a really long stretch.

11. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

12. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Games were there for the taking. Unfortunately...you have D’Antoni continuing to play Gerald and Clint key minutes. You have Harden failing to seize the moment. You have Chris Paul having one of the worst series of his career overall.

Harden era has been defined by missed opportunities in the playoffs. This is yet another.

Little Bit, deb4rockets and hakeem94 like this.
  13. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Rockets of course gotta lose though so who gives a F.

14. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Dantoni playing Gerald in a crucial moment was a rookie type coach mistake.

bloodwings19, LorneMalvo and J Sizzle like this.
  15. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

Hakeem Olajuwon is the greatest Rocket ever and it’s not close. Fact trumps your opinion.

16. Rocketsfan3422

Thats all you got? Thats what you bring up?

17. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

Sorry. I didn’t really have an issue with anything else that you said. Just that one incredibly dumb thing that I addressed. I should’ve quoted that only.

18. Rocketsfan3422

K....

19. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Portland: 27-31 Free Throws
    Golden State: 15-18 Free Throws

All of a suddent Golden State are Hackeroids
    And Portland flawless defense

Rocket River
    Imagine if . . . . . ..

cheke64 likes this.
  20. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

Did the refs used to steal the games from him with regularity back then?
    i see you blaming harden for things out of his control
    do you want him to bribe the refs or threaten to kill silver in order to let him win?
    on the basketball court skillwise and effortwise harden has beaten the best team of all times ALONE..2 years in a row now.....the fact that the refs wouldnt let him officially win cant change the fact that harden is the best nba player of all times and thus the best rocket ever AND ITS NOT EVEN CLOSE

Mr. Clutch likes this.